PC - AOR ACL F3 Season 2 - Round 7 - 13/3/2017 @19:30 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR ACL F3 Season 2 - Round 7 - 13/3/2017 @19:30

Diablo_rf

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 30, 2016
Wait! Does @exited won the race last night?:wideyed: The only stream I didn't watch, and you won the race, maybe I was cursing you?:D
I'll have to watch the stream to convince myself :p
Anyway, congratulation mate, I told you it will come sooner or later ;)
Now aim for the next championship :D (hopefully I can make it, but I'm not sure)

• Friendly
  • Funny
Reactions: Noztra and D. Goelz

D. Goelz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
Wait! Does @exited won the race last night?:wideyed: The only stream I didn't watch, and you won the race, maybe I was cursing you?:D
I'll have to watch the stream to convince myself :p
Anyway, congratulation mate, I told you it will come sooner or later ;)
Now aim for the next championship :D (hopefully I can make it, but I'm not sure)
Seems like a lot of people where cursing me since beginning of the season (@Ycoms , @McPhilen ) :eek::D

But yeah, yesterday was such a day where everything works perfect. Qualy was almost perfect (4 pole position in 7 races :eek::eek::eek:,WTF), lost maybe 2 tenths in the final sector, but nevermind. Will upload later in the week ;)

Race was almost perfect. Needed 2-3 laps to get into the rhythm and lost 2 postion until then, almost lost another to @Mazy CZ , but after defending to @Mazy CZ I was in my rhythm and could catch @matt785shimmy and @Laakso quite fast and after L6-L7 I was back in P1. Pushed really hard to build a small gap and after the unfortunate incident between Matt and Laakso I was 4 sec ahead of Mazy. Until the pitstop I could increase that to 6 sec, was really catious too not speed into the pitlane and not miss my pitbox so I lost some seconds there :D
After the pits Mazy was really fast I was getting a little bit nervous because the gap was slightly decreasing. Went back to full focus and was able to match Mazy's laptimes so the gap was stable about 3-4sec until I was able to increase it again at the end of the race.
Will remember this race a long time, was really perfect. Not the slightest mistake, did not leave the track one time, so I'm sure I can't drive better then yesterday, really pleased with my performance :)

Congrats to @Mazy CZ ,really strong performance and really consistent pace aswell! Congrats to @Niclas Domino for 3rd, nice battling I saw in the stream :)

Like I said yesterday, I will miss the final race next week, such a shame, but visiting Kopenhagen isn't bad either :D Recognized too late that our flight is one week too early :facepalm:
I'm pretty certain that @Laakso and @Wilkey can do it and I hope for the best to read on next tuesday morning :D:D C'mon mates, bring it home!

Cheers,
Exited

matt785shimmy

Reigning AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Jan 15, 2014
Seems like a lot of people where cursing me since beginning of the season (@Ycoms , @McPhilen ) :eek::D

But yeah, yesterday was such a day where everything works perfect. Qualy was almost perfect (4 pole position in 7 races :eek::eek::eek:,WTF), lost maybe 2 tenths in the final sector, but nevermind. Will upload later in the week ;)

Race was almost perfect. Needed 2-3 laps to get into the rhythm and lost 2 postion until then, almost lost another to @Mazy CZ , but after defending to @Mazy CZ I was in my rhythm and could catch @matt785shimmy and @Laakso quite fast and after L6-L7 I was back in P1. Pushed really hard to build a small gap and after the unfortunate incident between Matt and Laakso I was 4 sec ahead of Mazy. Until the pitstop I could increase that to 6 sec, was really catious too not speed into the pitlane and not miss my pitbox so I lost some seconds there :D
After the pits Mazy was really fast I was getting a little bit nervous because the gap was slightly decreasing. Went back to full focus and was able to match Mazy's laptimes so the gap was stable about 3-4sec until I was able to increase it again at the end of the race.
Will remember this race a long time, was really perfect. Not the slightest mistake, did not leave the track one time, so I'm sure I can't drive better then yesterday, really pleased with my performance :)

Congrats to @Mazy CZ ,really strong performance and really consistent pace aswell! Congrats to @Niclas Domino for 3rd, nice battling I saw in the stream :)

Like I said yesterday, I will miss the final race next week, such a shame, but visiting Kopenhagen isn't bad either :D Recognized too late that our flight is one week too early :facepalm:
I'm pretty certain that @Laakso and @Wilkey can do it and I hope for the best to read on next tuesday morning :D:D C'mon mates, bring it home!

Cheers,
Exited
Just to put your mind at rest, me and Mazy will have a 1-2 next race so don't worry, you got 2nd in the team championship ;)

• Kappa
Reactions: Diablo_rf

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Normal event to start with for me.
Sit around 22-28th through practice, and then when dropping the fuel to Qually level, I seam to be able to jump up a handful of places. Up to P13 for this one, again, kinda out of nowhere.

Still learning the lines for a few corners as we go into the race.

Lap 1 went well, think I gain a position or 2, but was some really great battles going on!
A lot of the corners are very wide, so it allows side by side racing.
But really enjoyed sharing the track with @SilverArrow3 and @Martin Voss before the half way point.

Went into the pits in P10, but 100% didn't see my box, so just had a drive through... I assumed there was a bug and I didn't have a box, so parked up on the side of the track outside the pit exit...
Retire to pit, and then thought I'd just watch the rest of the race, but then there was the 'Drive' button, so decided to try it....
Got going again, but was in last position (about 28th/29th).
At first I thought it lost my previous 11 laps, and was about to pull over again, but then I noticed I was on lap 11..
So planted the foot down, and just went for it! Still a chance of a point or 2 if ppl had issues ahead...
Pilled in some decent laps and got past a few ppl in the 2nd half, and finished 22nd.

Another shame, as a decent result slipped away again, as I was on for a P10.
At least this one was all down to me being a numpty....

Great result for my team-mate @Niclas Domino! Great job!

Was aiming for a top 10 finish in the championship, but it looks like that isn't going to happen. Although it's fairly close for 10/11/12! Never know what might happen!

Reactions: D. Goelz and Noztra

D. Goelz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
Normal event to start with for me.
Sit around 22-28th through practice, and then when dropping the fuel to Qually level, I seam to be able to jump up a handful of places. Up to P13 for this one, again, kinda out of nowhere.
I have the feeling that a lot of people are running with low fuel in practice to get used to qualy, whereas for example I always go out with race fuel and just drive for 25-30mins at a strech to get into my rhythm for the race and to see how tire wear is. Because of that I'm always somewhere between P5-P15 in practice and then often jumping up in qualy :)
Maybe it's the same for you ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Noztra and AndrexUK

D. Goelz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
Very good lap! That double right hander after the back straight is so difficult, but you really nailed it. :)
Was a little bit to fast at the entry, so I went too wide at the exit. So still some room for improvements :)

Basically I found this the best for this corner:
Braking into the corner into 4th gear, going almost to the inside kerb. Then just coasting or liiiittle bit of throttle and trying not to overdrive the front wheels. Then going slowly to the outside of the corner so that you are at the outside white line at the middle of the corner, shifting down to 3rd and turn to the inside kerb at the exit of the corner.

But thats just the theory :D

Imo the following left hander is at least as difficult as this fast right hander :rolleyes:

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
Was a little bit to fast at the entry, so I went too wide at the exit. So still some room for improvements :)

Basically I found this the best for this corner:
Braking into the corner into 4th gear, going almost to the inside kerb. Then just coasting or liiiittle bit of throttle and trying not to overdrive the front wheels. Then going slowly to the outside of the corner so that you are at the outside white line at the middle of the corner, shifting down to 3rd and turn to the inside kerb at the exit of the corner.

But thats just the theory :D

Imo the following left hander is at least as difficult as this fast right hander :rolleyes:
Yeah the same with the last left hander, before the right hand corner before the straight. The entry is wierd, because the corner is so long.

• Agree
Reactions: D. Goelz

D. Goelz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
Yeah the same with the last left hander, before the right hand corner before the straight. The entry is wierd, because the corner is so long.
Yep, you have to very careful with your steering to not overdrive the front wheels to heavy