PC - AOR ACL Porsche Cup - Round 6 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR ACL Porsche Cup - Round 6

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

C. Tscharf

AOR PC GT3 Elite S7 Champion
Premium Member
Jul 28, 2016
very very sorry @Laakso @matt785shimmy for my bad mistake race 1 at the end of lap 1, idk how that happened! didnt expect you to brake at that point but I shouldve seen it coming. I just wasnt careful enough :( I tried to dodge it but still hit @Laakso and then went sideways over the curb flying into @matt785shimmy as well. really hope it didnt cause much damage to you guys :(
well yeah that was my first race.

second race was a lot better, amazing fight @Microlander, very well defended! was a lot of fun to go side by side with you :)

Laakso

AOR PC F1 Split 2 & AC Porsche & AEC LMP Champion
Sep 23, 2016
can somebody upload the replay of the second race thanks

Microlander

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2014
Haven't been on assetto corsa for over a week since i was away at silverstone but came back today knowing it would be a challenge, but a challenge is always welcome. Missed around 15 mins of practice so was on the back foot but i luckily knew this track fairly well and was able to focus more on finding the limit rather than breaking points, qualifying was okay but could of gone a bit better. Race 1 i was stuck behind @Simon Roer Husum and coming out of beckkets onto chapel i put too much load onto the rear tyres and span and to add further injury when closing off that lap i hit the big curb on the final corner which sent me into another spin.

Race 2 was much much better though in pretty much every sense, had an okay start but was distracted by someone jump starting behind me and reacted a little late to the lights but managed to avoid a crash and was up to 3rd, then made my way up into the lead and had a pretty good pace at the start pulling away but then i noticed @C. Tscharf was behind me which made me panic knowing he was so much faster and thinking how the bloomin heck is he behind me and was 95% sure i wasn't going to enjoy leading for long but some how managed to defend from @C. Tscharf due to him being really fair and this allowed us to have an amazing fight which to me is worth more than the win due to how relieving it was and intense!

Was a fun and intense battle so look forward to racing (More like defending on race 2 with your speed ;)) you again on track, made it a very remember able race for me.

Also congrats on your first win @matt785shimmy , no doubt theres more to come and great job also @Noztra for doing really well and scoring some great points again for our little team :)

D. Goelz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
Nothing much to say, really angry atm about my stupidness of yesterday...
Decent qualy, managed to run out of fuel on my fastest lap which would have putted me around p4...
Really fun first 11 laps in race 1. Superior start and a cheeky move around the outside of @centro and two other guys in T1. In 2nd last lap @AndrexUK tried a very ambitious move around the outside in the last corner and thanks to my unbelieveable luck of course I ended in the pitwall loosing 3 places and finishing in 11th... Imo only because there is the slightest gap you don't necessarily need to try a move, especially in a corner which is not easily flat out in these cars :(

2nd race went from good to bad to good again to worse then before and then to worst.... Had a good start, overtook some guys in front, went on the throttle to early in Luffield and went to the grass. Lost 5 places or so. Regained 10 places because of some incidents in front and were in P15 right behind @Laakso . Wanted to set up and overtake on @Mazy CZ at the hangar straight but were to eager on the exit of Maggots and spun... thought this was good stuff and spun two times again there in the following laps and finished in a well deserved P22 (y):banghead:

Summary of the race:
+ Pace and confidence is back
+ Connection was stable
- Stupidity of S2 is back

Well, a lot more words than I wanted to write. See you next week!

Cheers,
Exited

Reactions: Noztra

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
Qualify:
Again s'hit. :p Something is off, when I within two laps of race 1 already have done 1,5 secs faster than my quali lap. But started P21, so decent?

R1:
Started P21 but with some little bumping in the start I found my self P17 and having some great battles with @Simon Roer Husum, with some great defending from him. My teammate @Microlander was right behind me, so let him trough since he was faster and he might be able to challenge @Simon Roer Husum. Unfortunately @Microlander spun. :( In the last part of the race I managed to defend from @Xenon91 and finish P16.

R2:
Started P17 and after some chaos in the beginning I was up to P10, trying to get past @hinesy32. Again unfortunately he was unlucky and got a DQ beacuse of lag in the beginning of the race (Jump start). Down to other peoples mistake I was up to P7, but @santsuke99 was chasing me down after his spin, so let him trough because he was A LOT faster than me, I didn't wanna loose to much time defending.

I turn 4 @Jeff[NL] and @Laakso came together with which resulted me hitting them and going of the track with some damage on the car. Later @Laakso and @Bless Fade came together which resulted in @Bless Fade spinning across the track, where I clipped him pretty hard. End result was a broken wind shield and heavy damage to the front of my car. Couldn't really see anything out of the cockpit cam and in my panic @Jeff[NL] was friendly to inform me of the bumper cam. :)

In the last couple of laps I was defending heavily from @p n k who was clearly faster than me due to my crippled car. Lots of good racing and some bumper to bumper action with him, but managed to defend and take P7. :)

Overall:
Good results in both races with some good points and a win to my teammate @Microlander really helped us in the team championship. :)

Congratulations to @matt785shimmy and @Microlander for the wins and to all who finished on the podiums. :)

On a side note it was really nice to see the friendly attitude on discord and on the track.. Keep it up. :)

Last edited:

santsuke99

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 14, 2017
Well yesterday was the best day for me so far this season.

Q: Very good finally! I didn't have problems with traffic and I managed to do 2 good (not perfecr still but close) and another 2 decent laps. Previously I barely managed to do passable lap as my best time. I was really happy to start in pole position.

R1: Good start. I managed to the lead over 2sec in the first lap (partly because of the incident behind) and after that I controlled the gap for many laps. Then I went a bit wide in old turn 1. I lifted up because I didn't want scolding for abusing track limits but that was very bad decision. I was still out of the track when I lifted up and when I turned more to return to the track my backend got upsetted. I tried to save it but there was nothing I could have done anymore. I dropped to p5 and managed to recover to p3 quite fast. Then I lost by backend again in turn 7 while braking. Weirdly enough I couldn't correct it even though it felt just a little wiggle at start and dropped to p6 or p7 again. End result was p5 which is not bad but it could have been much better.

R2: No silly mistakes here. I avoided early chaos quite well (albeit I got some damage all over the car). @Noztra I hadn't spun in that race yet when you let me go ;) . Fight for p3 with @N1kmido was quite intense but unfortunately that lead me to spinning. I think you moved while braking twice during that fight (at least it seemed like that for me) so be a little more careful with that next time! :) Otherwise that battle was as good and enjoyable as any other battle I had previously. I ended up p4 and I think that was near to maximum. Hopefully I can get a podium in the next two weeks. :)

Reactions: Noztra

matt785shimmy

Reigning AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Jan 15, 2014
Well, qualifying and race 1 went well, qualified p2 with a decent lap, and held p2 until @santsuke99 spin and i inherited the lead, and held off @Laakso to the line to win by 0.5 secs.

Race 2 started so well until lap 3 i think, when i got caught up in the turn 1 mess and droped back to pretty much last. I began to recover, up to p10/12 ish and got rear ended and droped right back again. This happened 2 or 3 times in that race, one where i could have easily been top 5 if they hadnt happened, and i will be looking at them tonight to see if i want to raise them. In the end p14 with a damaged car and 3 set backs was a pretty decent result tbh, but it makes my race 1 win feel less special.

D. Goelz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
Oh what I forgot. Tried out the Fonsecker Sound mod for the Porsche Cup car yesterday for the first time.
This **** is mental, if you haven't tried it out -> try it!
That sound modulation on the bumps at the braking zone at the end of the hangar straight are nothing but freaking fvcking amazing!
And the transmission and differential whining :love:

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
Fight for p3 with @N1kmido was quite intense but unfortunately that lead me to spinning. I think you moved while braking twice during that fight (at least it seemed like that for me) so be a little more careful with that next time! :) Otherwise that battle was as good and enjoyable as any other battle I had previously.
Yeah was quite intense. :) I wasn´t too confident that I would be able to keep you behind for the second half of the race because you had incredible pace the whole evening.

However I disagree with you about our incident in Stowe. If you think that was moving under breaking feel free to take it to the stewards but I don´t feel like that at all. I defended the inside line and missed my intented braking spot by about 3-4 metres which forced us both a little bit wider than I wanted to. But then I suddenly felt a hit into my left side out of nowhere (maybe it was lag) and you disappeared towards the run off area.

If you want to upload the situation I´d like to see it from your POV and also all the other situations you potentially saw me moving under breaking. Because I can´t remember doing that even once yesterday as it´s not kind of my driving style I want to defend positions with.

Laakso

AOR PC F1 Split 2 & AC Porsche & AEC LMP Champion
Sep 23, 2016
Oh what I forgot. Tried out the Fonsecker Sound mod for the Porsche Cup car yesterday for the first time.
This **** is mental, if you haven't tried it out -> try it!
That sound modulation on the bumps at the braking zone at the end of the hangar straight are nothing but freaking fvcking amazing!
And the transmission and differential whining :love:
Its bad guys dont use it :D

• What?
Reactions: D. Goelz

DANGEROUS GIANETTA

Season 4 PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Dec 28, 2015
congratz to podium drivers.
unlucky day for me,after 15 min for practice. even i know this track well from p cars.
round1
classicaly i was hit first turn.i lost many places.
and round 2 de javu i was hit first turn again.
for round 1, i had good battles 2-3 cars at the back.it was really worth to see.thanks to @David Siska @hinesy32 @Adrian Jumuga.finished 17th place.
for round 2,after nightmare first lap,i had a strong consistency until last lap.i had good battle @popzz @exited and @Mazy CZ and @AndrexUK . i was 10th place 1 laps to go:) .i made a mistake i spunned and hit the wall also i had penalty,i finished the race through the pit area:) finished 20th place.
i hope next races i have clean first laps:)
thanks.

hinesy32

F1 Test Driver
Sep 22, 2015
Yea, I had a good battle back there with you @DANGEROUS GIANETTA . I lost it at Stowe on the final lap. I braked a little too late and the back end snapped. Was really annoyed to throw away 3-4 places in the end.

santsuke99

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 14, 2017
@N1kmido I watched the replay and you didn't move under braking, so you were right. :) First case wasn't too far from it but you moved before braking after all (I would've been screwed if this thing didn't have ABS :p ). In the second case I was just surprised that you didn't start turning in with that speed. Then I turned into you because of that.