Votes: 19 46.3%
  • GP3

Votes: 16 39.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Laakso

AOR PC F1 Split 2 & AC Porsche & AEC LMP Champion
Sep 23, 2016
I tried the gp3 car yesterday and it was actually quite fun and challenging when lowering the rear wing little bit it also has that little lag on the torque with makes it harder to get used to, i just hope u dont completely change the setup to make the car slower as i felt that was done in s2 :) but its quite early to say we'll see what car will be chosen for s4

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I tried the gp3 car yesterday and it was actually quite fun and challenging when lowering the rear wing little bit it also has that little lag on the torque with makes it harder to get used to, i just hope u dont completely change the setup to make the car slower as i felt that was done in s2 :) but its quite early to say we'll see what car will be chosen for s4
In S2, we just lowered the rear wing to minimum :D so it was a bit faster man compared to the deafult :D

Laakso

Sep 23, 2016
In S2, we just lowered the rear wing to minimum :D so it was a bit faster man compared to the deafult :D
but u also lowered the front wing which made it slower on corners?

Wilkey

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 9, 2016
hey guys. I am new to AOR. Can someone tell me when will the new season begin and how can i join?
The last season just finished. A date for the start of the next season isnt determined yet. You can join by posting your personal sign up information below the related thread, which isnt up yet.

• Friendly
Reactions: Noztra

matt785shimmy

Reigning AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Jan 15, 2014
hey guys. I am new to AOR. Can someone tell me when will the new season begin and how can i join?
Basically what @Wilkey just said, keep an eye out for a forum called 'season 4 sign up thread' or something similar. It will however be a good few weeks yet until we know a bit more :)

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Noztra

D. Goelz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
To be honest. I have driven the car yesterday and I'm not really impressed and convinced. The onboard sound is horrible to me (external sound is ok) and bugs on bumps where the car jumps, because the sound is shut down immediately.
The LEDs in the wheel are not correctly paired to the engine revs, because I hitted the limiter before the last two LED on the sides of the wheel were activated.
Grip levels and car behaviour at low speeds are really weird, while the aero seems quite overpowered (were like 10 sec faster on mugello than in a F3).
Braking power seems wrong to me. I tried the car without ABS and could brake with full power into almost every corner without locking up...
FFB on the other hand seems quite good.

My result of my short testing is, that I don't think this car will provide good racing in S4. It's just too fast imo, almost as fast as the Lotus T125. In the social with the Lotus at Silverstone we had a 5 second or even more gap from P1 to last and a gap from P4 (me) to drivers like Mazy or Silver of about 2 seconds per lap -> not fun!

Cheers,
Exited

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
But we are gonna run all the cars in social races, so people can try them out. :)

D. Goelz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
Here is the specs of the cars. :)

GP3: http://www.gp3series.com/Guide-to/The-Series1/

F3: http://www.fiaf3europe.com/technical-regulations-2017/

Weight:
GP3:
660KG
F3: 580KG

Engine:
GP3:
3,4L V6 with 400HP
F3: 2L, V4 with 240HP

And the GP3 car got wider bodywork and wider tires, so 10 secs is about the same as in IRL. :)
Look at the laptimes of a GP3 car and a F3 car in Silverstone for example. 4.2 sec difference on a track with a lot of straights were the more HP are pretty useful.
I did a 1.19 at Donnington yesterday and the F3 laptime record is a 1.27 on a narrow track were more HP isn't that useful.
Sounds to me that the GP3 mod is miles away for it's reality counterpart.
In that case we could use the Lotus T125 which is much better quality overall and has about the same speed then the current GP3 mod car :angelic:

SilverArrow3

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 15, 2014
Here we go again - dejavu , it's the only thing that comes up after reading some of the comments :yawn:

• Funny
Reactions: Laakso

D. Goelz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
Here we go again - dejavu , it's the only thing that comes up after reading some of the comments :yawn:
Alright we better stop testing and gonna pick a maybe shitty car, which will maybe provide shitty racing next season. And then everyone starts to complain during the season when everything is set in stone.
Sounds like a really good plan sir (y)(y)(y)(y)

SilverArrow3

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 15, 2014
Was only joking but you have a point yes , we need to test. But was expecting comments after the testing with more people involved ...
But with the thing you say about the cars are to fast to race , I can't agree. Just look at the F1 leagues .

Before every season I was thinking there would be alot more mess , but it actually turned out OK every time.
I voted for GP3 , for now the only reason was to change back to open wheelers.
But I will drive anything that will be chosen.

• Friendly
  • Winner
Reactions: D. Goelz and Laakso

Laakso

Sep 23, 2016
Was only joking but you have a point yes , we need to test. But was expecting comments after the testing with more people involved ...
But with the thing you say about the cars are to fast to race , I can't agree. Just look at the F1 leagues .

Before every season I was thinking there would be alot more mess , but it actually turned out OK every time.
I totally agree we need to see how the cars work on the race first, i dont think theyre too fast:)

D. Goelz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016

I get you and yes indeed, the GP3 car is really good fun, because it's pretty fast.
But imo the quality of the mod is at least questionable after what I experienced yesterday... And thats pretty sad when you have awesome cars like the Lotus T125 and the Tatuus as original content with original quality...
I would instantly vote for the Tatuus car, because I could imagine this little thing could provide super interesting and momentum based racing on circuits like Zandvoort, Donnington, Nürburgring Sprint and similiar tracks, because its a bit slower and because of that more controllable for everyone.
But of course thats just my opinion :)

But remember that Lotus T125 social event at Silverstone. Don't think that one was particularly interesting for everyone :unsure:

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
The Lotus 125 at silverstone was a perfect example of how not to do it imo. The setup was opened, but fast setup was provided by Jeff which was nice. But it was way too oversteery and I never quite get the grips with it and I guess I wasn't alone. Even though the setup was really fast, it wasnt suitable for full league with locked setups as it was really hard to drive. And I dont want to mess the setup to be the fastest it can be on any car. I want just little adjustments like for example the GP3 has very low 1st gear and just 2 clicks to the right solves the problem. Then a littel tweak with DF for a track and gear ratios to not hitting the rev limmiter with p2p feature and slipstream. But I want that every driver can drive the car safely without worrying when he gonna spin.

But until we get the votes in and we close it, we can only speculate.
I havent experienced some sound bugs going over the kerbs, i havent noticed the LED's beeing innacurate, the sound is one of the best out there imo and also the quality of the mod is
I really think that if the Gp3 is voted, the S4 will be a blast again.

Last edited:

EVR Morvic

Reigning AOR PC GT Endurance Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
I don't really like the idea for paying for the car to drive in the whole league. And from what I've heard the car's bad, will test it in a bit but my vote goes for DTM.

Will change to TT Cup in case GP3 wave doesn't stop..

Frank pnk Godrecki

F1 Senna Equivalent
Dec 29, 2015
(...)The LEDs in the wheel are not correctly paired to the engine revs, because I hitted the limiter before the last two LED on the sides of the wheel were activated.
Grip levels and car behaviour at low speeds are really weird, while the aero seems quite overpowered (were like 10 sec faster on mugello than in a F3).
Braking power seems wrong to me. I tried the car without ABS and could brake with full power into almost every corner without locking up...
FFB on the other hand seems quite good.(...)

(..)My result of my short testing is, that I don't think this car will provide good racing in S4. It's just too fast imo, almost as fast as the Lotus T125.(...)
Yet no one listened to me when I said the exact same thing :D

Alright we better stop testing and gonna pick a maybe shitty car, which will maybe provide shitty racing next season. And then everyone starts to complain during the season when everything is set in stone.
Sounds like a really good plan sir (y)(y)(y)(y)
Unfortunately that's what is going to happen because as much as I love open-wheelers, people go "ohmaguuud open wheeler im gunna be like F1 drivurs lets gooo", most of the votes for the GP3 came even BEFORE @Mazy CZ posted a link for it to be tested, so people just voted blind for a car they've never driven. Also the idea to pay for a fun league is not exactly, fun.