AOR America F1 2018 Leagues - Driver Placements - Season 2 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR America F1 2018 Leagues - Driver Placements - Season 2

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 2
America - Initial Driver Placements

Below you can find an overview of the league tiers and driver placements for Season 2 of the AOR Hype Energy America F1 Leagues!

61 drivers will fight it out in the American leagues for its 2nd season, featuring a host of new drivers! Thank you to all of the coordinators who have taken time to process these sign-ups and determine the placements of each and every driver to the best of their ability. I am also pleased to say that the PC tier will be broadcasted live by Austin Knight and Curtis Kenyon once again on the official AOR YouTube channel for this season!

With one tier on each platform, the placements haven't been paricularly hard to make, although a few drivers have been left out due to not completing the sign-up process properly. The PC platform had more than 20 drivers, which means some have had to be placed as reserves.

League Placements:

Below you can see which league tier each driver has been placed into. Drivers are ordered within each league based on priority in the car selection order (see here for more info).

Each league will have its own forum section where more information about the league - including a dedicated thread for car selection - will be posted shortly.

League forums:
Main Leagues: PC / PS4 / XB1

Colour Key:

Driver Placements:

We hope you are pleased with your placement and that you will enjoy racing in our leagues for this season! Make sure you check out your league forum in the near future for more information about your league, to introduce yourself to your fellow drivers, and to get going with the car selection.

Aside from that, good luck in the season opener on Sunday, and remember to keep it clean!

Last edited by a moderator:

Fruitsalsa

Pro Karter
May 7, 2017
Hi guys! I am sorry that I missed out from being a full-time driver by a couple of tenths! If I had known that it would be that competitive, I would have put extra effort on my TT laps :oops:. But that's my mistake, I will try to improve next time around!

Since I am that close to have a full-time seat, I went ahead and checked by how much I missed the cutoff (really close, with like .165 seconds behind LyneMartel!). One thing I noticed however is that @Illicit screenshot from TT seems invalid to me. The Time Trial Event states that the screenshot must show "your lap time from that same session", but only his personal best is visible. In my case, my TT times were not my personal best in each circuit.

I don't want to create unnecessary drama or anything, it is just that from @DemoN post, it seems that some "few drivers have been left out due to not completing the sign-up process properly". I just want to get the opinion of one of the organizers before the start of the season since this league seems to be really well organized and thought-out. This way, it is fair to everybody, including the drivers who have been left out and @Illicit :).

Thanks for the consideration and see you this season!

Reactions: LyneMartel

jalmenar

Pro Karter
Sep 10, 2018
Hi guys! I am sorry that I missed out from being a full-time driver by a couple of tenths!
Were you a full time driver last season? I think you should have been selected full time driver for this season, just because you participated in the last season, but if you were a reserve driver, then I dont think this rule applies.

Fruitsalsa

Pro Karter
May 7, 2017
Were you a full time driver last season? I think you should have been selected full time driver for this season, just because you participated in the last season, but if you were a reserve driver, then I dont think this rule applies.
No, unfortunately I was not a full time driver last season. I just joined in for this season, hence the rule of "veteran" first, then newcomers applies (ranked from fast to slow). I think you remember me from another league ;).

Illicit

S18 AOR PC F11 Champion
Apr 1, 2019
Hi guys! I am sorry that I missed out from being a full-time driver by a couple of tenths! If I had known that it would be that competitive, I would have put extra effort on my TT laps :oops:. But that's my mistake, I will try to improve next time around!

Since I am that close to have a full-time seat, I went ahead and checked by how much I missed the cutoff (really close, with like .165 seconds behind LyneMartel!). One thing I noticed however is that @Illicit screenshot from TT seems invalid to me. The Time Trial Event states that the screenshot must show "your lap time from that same session", but only his personal best is visible. In my case, my TT times were not my personal best in each circuit.

I don't want to create unnecessary drama or anything, it is just that from @DemoN post, it seems that some "few drivers have been left out due to not completing the sign-up process properly". I just want to get the opinion of one of the organizers before the start of the season since this league seems to be really well organized and thought-out. This way, it is fair to everybody, including the drivers who have been left out and @Illicit :).

Thanks for the consideration and see you this season!
My mistake for not following the rules properly. I'm not sure how the mods would like to proceed here but I can redo the time trial's if they'd like. I originally intended to try and beat the times I set, but ran out of time before the deadline, thus why I went back and screenshotted the screen afterwards. The times aren't anything special, I could probably beat them now (only been playing for a month or so), so whatever the mods/admin decide I'll be happy to comply.

edit: Just reread the time trial's rules. It says under option 2 that you are allowed to post from the leaderboards if the times are within a few weeks you could use them? So under these rules my posted times would be okay then?

Reactions: Fruitsalsa

Fruitsalsa

Pro Karter
May 7, 2017
My mistake for not following the rules properly. I'm not sure how the mods would like to proceed here but I can redo the time trial's if they'd like. I originally intended to try and beat the times I set, but ran out of time before the deadline, thus why I went back and screenshotted the screen afterwards. The times aren't anything special, I could probably beat them now (only been playing for a month or so), so whatever the mods/admin decide I'll be happy to comply.

edit: Just reread the time trial's rules. It says under option 2 that you are allowed to post from the leaderboards if the times are within a few weeks you could use them? So under these rules my posted times would be okay then?
I was refering to your Brazil TT (forgot to specify, the other ones look ok), since there was only your personal best showing. Anyway this is fine, you sounds like a considerate chap with proper racing skills.

It seems there is a lot of opportunities for reserve drivers in the first few race already, hence I guess we'll see each other on track more often than not (y)