AOR America F1 2019 Leagues - Discussion Thread - Season 3 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR America F1 2019 Leagues - Discussion Thread - Season 3

BosslyGaming

Super Mod & F1 League Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Mar 24, 2017
AOR Hype Energy America F1 Leagues - Season 3
XB1/PS4/PC - Discussion Thread

This thread can be used for general league discussion by all drivers who have signed up - or want to sign up - to the AOR America F1 2019 Leagues for Season 3.

If you have read the information/rules threads, but still have some questions or concerns, then feel free to raise them here and we will try to answer. This is to keep the sign-up threads clean.

If you haven't yet read the important threads, please do so:

League Information
League Rules
Race Calendar
Sign-ups

Last edited by a moderator:

Illicit

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 1, 2019
Time trial leaderboards are currently bugged on PC. None of my fastest laps are being uploaded to the servers. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Raven

2-time AOR PC America F1 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014
Hey everyone. For those that don't know who I am, I'm Cody the AOR Americas League Overseer. If you have any questions or concerns about the sign-up process, please don't hesitate to ask me or any of the other coordinators across the platforms for help.

@RC7_NI and @zemoglis for PS4
@Jason Wilcox for Xbox
@IntergalacticGentleman and myself for PC

I also wanted to use this post to make things clear regarding what assists we'll be using for each platform this season. (Updated on August 1st)

PC
  • Split 1: RL
  • Split 2: RL, AG
  • Split 3 (if necessary): RL, AG, ABS, TC
PS4: ABS, AG, RL, TC
Xbox: RL

These are subject to change at any time.

Last edited:

Shentar

Pro Karter
May 6, 2019
Figured I would bring this up now, rather than if/when it affects any races.

Sometimes (usually when a wet qualifying is followed by a dry race or vice versa) people will end up with either one of the default setups or a random one entirely (perhaps from someone else in the lobby?). I was wondering if the coordinators were a) aware of this as an issue and b) if there was a plan to deal with this bug if it does affect a league race

Richard

Formula Karter
Oct 16, 2018
I've raced the last seasons , do I still need to go through the sign up process??

MrRymer

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 16, 2019
New update says the bug regarding setups changing between qualy and race session is live now according to Codemasters

Raven

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014
@Mo v0 @Steph Farelle

Yes, we will be forming at least 2 splits on PC and potentially a 3rd depending on how many more sign up last minute. I know there are still a few more outstanding that haven't signed up yet. We'll get the full picture once sign-ups close.

Oh and please keep all discussions about the league here.... in the discussion thread. ;)

Illicit

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 1, 2019
@Mo v0 @Steph Farelle

Yes, we will be forming at least 2 splits on PC and potentially a 3rd depending on how many more sign up last minute. I know there are still a few more outstanding that haven't signed up yet. We'll get the full picture once sign-ups close.

Oh and please keep all discussions about the league here.... in the discussion thread. ;)
Will the first tier have all assists disabled, including racing line? Might be something we could look into if we have the numbers.

Raven

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014
Will the first tier have all assists disabled, including racing line? Might be something we could look into if we have the numbers.
Perhaps. We will take into account everyone who has signed up. The only thing that is certain is that the lower tier(s) will have more assists available than the top tier. As per the assists section in the sign-up thread, the assists requirements are subject to change at any time.

Steph Farelle

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 27, 2019
I know I can't race without Line... So that would automatically drop me to Tier 2... Which honestly I'm not opposed to... I guess we'll see

Illicit

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 1, 2019
I know I can't race without Line... So that would automatically drop me to Tier 2... Which honestly I'm not opposed to... I guess we'll see
Judging from your driving last season, I think you'd be able to make the transition pretty easily. You've definitely got the pace, I think all it would take for you is a couple dozen laps or so to figure out the braking points.

Steph Farelle

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 27, 2019
Judging from your driving last season, I think you'd be able to make the transition pretty easily. You've definitely got the pace, I think all it would take for you is a couple dozen laps or so to figure out the braking points.
Maybe... I just lack the personal confidence to try it... But maybe I'm just limiting myself XD

Illicit

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 1, 2019
Maybe... I just lack the personal confidence to try it... But maybe I'm just limiting myself XD
Go for it man! It's definitely a bit of a wake up call at first, but if you're thinking about making the switch, there's plenty of youtube videos showing braking points and the optimal lines through corners.

Dirt Diver

Pro Karter
Jun 9, 2019
I agree on running a few laps to get it down. What I did to transition from using the line was, running a few laps in time trial with it, then switched it off and ran with my ghost activated. That really helped, now I can't imagine myself driving with it back on, and I only drive in cockpit view.

Reactions: Illicit

Steph Farelle

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 27, 2019
Go for it man! It's definitely a bit of a wake up call at first, but if you're thinking about making the switch, there's plenty of youtube videos showing braking points and the optimal lines through corners.
I've tried it before... For me it's more of not knowing where to break than The line itself... Maybe next season I'll try without line if I get good results this time

Reactions: Illicit