AOR America F1 2019 Leagues - Discussion Thread - Season 4 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR America F1 2019 Leagues - Discussion Thread - Season 4

Mo#9991

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 14, 2017
Question, you guys say the time trial times have to be recent to submit them. How recent does it have to be specifically? Just so I know which ones I have to update or not
Option 2: Screenshot from the leaderboard screen. The screenshot must clearly display the date, username, lap time, car, track, and assists used. EXAMPLE! Note: This method may only be used if your leaderboard lap time is reasonably recent (within the last few weeks).
so like 3 or so?

Fizzymon

F1 1st Driver
Jan 14, 2018
PC Racing Line Discussion... (continued)

What about this for an idea... Instead of banning it outright, we compromise a bit.

Perhaps some races could remove Racing Line and for others, it could be allowed. If we let the reasoning behind using Racing Line be determined by the lack of time to learn a track due to busy lives, maybe short tracks, < 1:20.000?, disallow Racing Line, while longer tracks could allow it? (That 1:20.000 mark was just a random time that felt right, I'm unaware exactly which tracks are above or below that time mark in this season's calendar, for quali at least, so how many races that would be is unknown, it's also possible the determining factor could be by number of turns instead of lap time...)

Or maybe simply first half second half? or alternate?

At the moment, it appears there's a little less than half, 7/16 drivers, that use Racing Line. I feel that's too many to completely abolish the assist, but I'm open for further discussion with the idea of allowing it for some tracks and not others. The main difficulty here is making sure everyone (or at least the racing line group) is aware of which tracks will have the assist allowed so they can prepare accordingly.

Regarding other assists... there's only one feller using AG afaik, so maybe letting that guy use it would be okay :D
I think we should just let the guys use the racing line, it's not the end of the world.

QuitZ5

Pro Karter
Dec 6, 2018
For the racing line and to whom may concern:

Speaking as a player was used to rely on RL to brake, I wanna say for people who are passionate enough for this game and have the time and effort to practice without it. Turn it off, the race track without the fixed RL can boost your understanding of approach to corners and wheel to wheel battle with others. The improvement from turning off line is not overnight and not just one or two tracks, is based on the amount of practice you have on several tracks.

I'm aware many people are scared to turn it off as they believe turning it off can cause racing incidents. To be fair with those people, I feel the same started from Bahrain last season. But after a few weeks when I have adapted, the confidence has been building up and my overall understanding improves a lot.

My opinion is, if people have work/ school/ family need to take care of and don't have much time to practice without it, let them drive with RL. I agree the advantage it gives for the braking point, but since some people only play the game once or twice a week, people without RL and have enough practice should out pace them easily.

For no RL drivers, our advantage is the understanding of track usage, we have more potential on choosing the racing line. The "Disadvantage" can be erased by other factors.

Last edited:

Zephyr

Formula Karter
May 11, 2017
PC Racing Line Discussion... (continued)

What about this for an idea... Instead of banning it outright, we compromise a bit.

Perhaps some races could remove Racing Line and for others, it could be allowed. If we let the reasoning behind using Racing Line be determined by the lack of time to learn a track due to busy lives, maybe short tracks, < 1:20.000?, disallow Racing Line, while longer tracks could allow it? (That 1:20.000 mark was just a random time that felt right, I'm unaware exactly which tracks are above or below that time mark in this season's calendar, for quali at least, so how many races that would be is unknown, it's also possible the determining factor could be by number of turns instead of lap time...)

Or maybe simply first half second half? or alternate?

At the moment, it appears there's a little less than half, 7/16 drivers, that use Racing Line. I feel that's too many to completely abolish the assist, but I'm open for further discussion with the idea of allowing it for some tracks and not others. The main difficulty here is making sure everyone (or at least the racing line group) is aware of which tracks will have the assist allowed so they can prepare accordingly.

Regarding other assists... there's only one feller using AG afaik, so maybe letting that guy use it would be okay :D
I think if it would be banned, it would be banned for the second half of the season only. While I think it should be banned outright, I think this would be a fair way to do if people would agree to it. It would give multiple months for people to start phasing out their racing line assist and adapt. Considering there is only probably going to be one tier this season, I would understand if we kept it in order to keep attendance numbers up. I would just hope that when we have multiple tiers in future times, that RL will be banned for top tier

HaiCo

Moderator & PC F1 League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
My advice: be very careful with banning assists (no matter when) in a league that hasn't even reached 20 signups for any platform yet. You don't want to risk ending up with fewer than 10 drivers during the second half of the season.

Z3mikey

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 2, 2018
Hey if theres still spots open I'll take one. Sign ups are closed. Ill take a reserve if its full anyways.

Treason

Junior Karter
Feb 17, 2020
Is there a discord or something we can join to make conversations a little easier?

Mo#9991

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 14, 2017
Hey if theres still spots open I'll take one. Sign ups are closed. Ill take a reserve if its full anyways.
Yeah, send me a PM with the signup info.

Is there a discord or something we can join to make conversations a little easier?
Yes, https://discord.gg/27TRwuU. Join that, should take you to a game assignment channel, click F1, then open up the F1 assignment channel should be below it, then click AF1 under the America message. There's a channel dedicated to AF1. Spoiler alert we're all AF1 :D

Reactions: Treason

Mo#9991

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 14, 2017
start car choices today?
Yeah, the forums for each platform will become available later today. There'll be a car selection thread for each platform where we will note our top 5 car choices and top 5 race numbers iirc.

Mo#9991

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 14, 2017
Release it now, DO IT FOR THE PUPPIES!!!!
View attachment 106723
It must all be in sync :p And I don't have the power to release the other regions' placements and make the platform threads visible. It's obvious we are all in F1 in our respective platforms, so I guess just have your lists ready. :) In any case tho, it's irrelevant how quick you post given the priority is based on last season's championships results. However, it'd be ideal if everyone posted their lists sooner rather than later as the deadline is Friday.