AOR America F1 2020 Leagues - Discussion Thread - Season 5 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR America F1 2020 Leagues - Discussion Thread - Season 5

HaiCo

Super Mod & PC F1 / ACC League Runner
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
AOR Hype Energy America F1 Leagues - Season 5
XB1/PS4/PC - Discussion Thread

This thread can be used for general league discussion by all drivers who have signed up - or want to sign up - to the AOR America F1 2020 Leagues for Season 5

If you have read the information/rules threads, but still have some questions or concerns, then feel free to raise them here and we will try to answer. This is to keep the sign-up threads clean.

If you haven't yet read the important threads, please do so:

League Information
League Rules
Race Calendar
Sign-ups (Main / Assist)

Laughlin

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 15, 2019
Much of the rules and Info seem pretty generic across all the leagues.
For the Americas specifically, are there assist and non-assist leagues? Purely out of curiosity.

My time trials so far have been pretty abysmal to say the least. As Im unfamiliar with most tracks and the game entirely.
But I'll be putting my laps in week to week to provide some competition! Presumably in F3 but we'll see how I can get on haha

Been around since before 2019 was released hoping to partake in the league and finally able to do so!
Looking forward to it!

Reactions: Fizzymon

Z3mikey

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 2, 2018
Really just depends on the amount of signups. Most seasons in America's have had several tiers!

Hweaton

Junior Karter
Jun 5, 2020
Are there going to be evaluation races similar to what the European racing leagues have or just the 3 time trial times?

Fizzymon

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 14, 2018
Are there going to be evaluation races similar to what the European racing leagues have or just the 3 time trial times?
It will depend on the amount of sign ups there are. Usually there are not but if there are alot of drivers all within close proximity of each other, it may be smart to have them.

Fizzymon

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 14, 2018
Can you help me please?
Step 1: Take a screenshot or use the snipping tool to capture your TT times.
Step 2: Save the files
Step 3: Go to https://imgur.com or https://imgbb.com and use those websites to upload the images. You may have to make an account for one or both websites depending on which you decide to use, but they are free websites that are used by millions of people to post images.
Step 4: Copy the link attached to your now uploaded image and paste it into the form. You can submit the form without the time trial times and then come back later and insert the images one at a time or all at once and update your response.

Hope this helps!

Chicky

Junior Karter
Jul 30, 2019
Step 1: Take a screenshot or use the snipping tool to capture your TT times.
Step 2: Save the files
Step 3: Go to https://imgur.com or https://imgbb.com and use those websites to upload the images. You may have to make an account for one or both websites depending on which you decide to use, but they are free websites that are used by millions of people to post images.
Step 4: Copy the link attached to your now uploaded image and paste it into the form. You can submit the form without the time trial times and then come back later and insert the images one at a time or all at once and update your response.

Hope this helps!
Yes it really helps thank you!
But just another question how many times do I need to make for each track?

Banshee2X

Pro Karter
Aug 2, 2019
Yes it really helps thank you!
But just another question how many times do I need to make for each track?
you only need your best time from your session on that track so basically do time trial on each of the tracks till you feel you cant go any faster and have set your best possible time than screenshot the final menu after ending the session and before going back to the main menu

Chicky

Junior Karter
Jul 30, 2019
you only need your best time from your session on that track so basically do time trial on each of the tracks till you feel you cant go any faster and have set your best possible time than screenshot the final menu after ending the session and before going back to the main menu
OK thank you

BlackViperGT

Formula Karter
Dec 21, 2019
Is there any way we can move the America F1 race schedule on another day other than Sunday? Having a race at 3pm and then 8pm with an hour or so break between for dinner isn't worth the time anymore and as much as I'd like to join again, it completely looks up my Sunday.

Fizzymon

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 14, 2018
Is there any way we can move the America F1 race schedule on another day other than Sunday? Having a race at 3pm and then 8pm with an hour or so break between for dinner isn't worth the time anymore and as much as I'd like to join again, it completely looks up my Sunday.
There is not, as everyone signed up expects to race sunday night and to change the race day for one driver when the rest of the grid may be busy other days creates conflict for others like myself. Your logic is also exactly why I haven't raced in the European tiers since Season 18, as I like my afternoon.

• Agree
Reactions: Z3mikey

Barrix

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 2, 2019
I'm trying to do my time trials for the league and I am using a Logitech G29 Wheel and it is completely unresponsive in the game, will not work. If anyone can help me that would be great!

Z3mikey

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 2, 2018
There is not, as everyone signed up expects to race sunday night and to change the race day for one driver when the rest of the grid may be busy other days creates conflict for others like myself. Your logic is also exactly why I haven't raced in the European tiers since Season 18, as I like my afternoon.
Yeah I’ve stayed out of the EU ones BECAUSE of the time. If America league is another day I’m out after racing in every America season since start

Reactions: Fizzymon

Shentar

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 6, 2019
The entire point of the Americas leagues is to have a league that matches the normal leagues, but is at a time that is typically more convenient for those of us in North and South America. One should not presume that merely because it is inconvenient for him/her to run in both European and American leagues that it is a good thing to move the date or time of one league or the other.

CarlosAbraaoXD

Formula 4 Test Driver
Nov 4, 2019
I'm trying to do my time trials for the league and I am using a Logitech G29 Wheel and it is completely unresponsive in the game, will not work. If anyone can help me that would be great!
I can help you.
How many rotation degrees are you using? You can change and look it at the Logitech G Hub or at the Logitech Gaming Software. The perfect amount is 360°.

Illicit

S18 AOR PC F11 Champion
Apr 1, 2019
I can help you.
How many rotation degrees are you using? You can change and look it at the Logitech G Hub or at the Logitech Gaming Software. The perfect amount is 360°.
Sounds like the wheel isn't even working at all. I'd suggest checking to make sure the software is actually installed, and making sure it's registered as an input device in-game. @Barrix

Reactions: CarlosAbraaoXD

Shentar

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 6, 2019
And make sure that the wheel is being recognized by windows. Game can't find a wheel if Windows doesn't know it's there

Banshee2X

Pro Karter
Aug 2, 2019
Well I’m gonna miss the season opener I think unless I find a way of racing away from home