PC - AOR America PC F1 League - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR America PC F1 League - Main Thread

Fizzymon

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2018
Hey guys, if anyone wants to do a practice race day session tomorrow morning between 10-12am EST let me know. I want to do some more practicing since I’m out today and if anyone wants to join that would be awesome.

Reactions: codeGreene

Steph Farelle

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 27, 2019

codeGreene

Pro Karter
Jun 2, 2019
Alright guys, today is race day so, make sure you all have linked up with @codeGreene and @Fizzymon and myself so that we can swiftly send all the necessary invites as we open the race lobby. See ya guys on the track!

@Illicit @Mo v0 @Rapha @Muddyh20 @Zephyr @Hynekin @dragonbone81 @Rutaceae @Sabba7h @Shentar @Tezu @Miguel Angel Pilla @Arcrax @kaneshka.gupta
I have the lobby settings already saved and ready to go,

in case anyone missed my Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/id/codeGreene/

Reactions: Miguel Angel Pilla

Steph Farelle

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 27, 2019
Hey guys, just to inform, there was an incident report and investigation by the Stewards in regards to an incident in qualifying between @Zephyr and @Miguel Angel Pilla . The stewards reached the following decision.

The stewards have come to the conclusion to award @Miguel Angel Pilla a Qualifying Ban for the next race they enter + 10 penalty points for impeding another driver during their qualifying lap.

We also award a further 5 penalty points (totalling 15 penalty points) to @Miguel Angel Pilla for retiring on track during qualifying. Even if you move your car off of the track prior, you are still not permitted to retire on track during qualifying as the AI will rejoin the track and can cause issues that you are held responsible for.

Closed.

(@Steph Farelle @Zephyr @Miguel Angel Pilla)
The Qualifying Ban will be taking effect on the next race. Thus, Miguel Angel Pilla will join the session, but will not be allowed to set a time in quali.

That is all for now.

Steph Farelle

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 27, 2019
Alright guys, I've been informed by the higher-ups that there will be an addition to the league rules this season. The rule change consists of the following addition.

"2.9.3
● It is not permitted to use the 'Reset to Track' function of the pause menu in order to recover quickly. Failure to adhere to this could lead to a penalty being applied retrospectively by the stewards."

I am not sure if it's official but it appears the minimum penalty will be a 10 second time penalty and 5 penalty points. Make sure you keep this in mind for future races, guys.

@Illicit @Mo#9991 @Rapha @Muddyh20 @Zephyr @Hynekin @dragonbone81 @Rutaceae @Sabba7h @Shentar @Tezu @Miguel Angel Pilla @Arcrax @kaneshka.gupta

Steph Farelle

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 27, 2019
Alright guys, anouncement time. Per the initial placement thread, the coordinators for the America splits will be reassessing the placements of all drivers after the China round of the championship. Every driver will be up for potential tier shifting based on the first 3 rounds. Your points position will be a consideration but not the only reason for a promotion or demotion. We want to make the announcement sometime in the middle of next week in order to give you enough time to adjust to your new split.

In all likelihood, the total number of people moving around will only be 6 to 10 at the maximum across all 3 splits.

Thanks for your understanding and thanks a lot for being a part of the 3rd season of the AOR America F1 League.

PS: Credit to Raven for originally creating the message and giving me a heads up about this

@Illicit @Mo#9991 @Rapha @Muddyh20 @Zephyr @Hynekin @dragonbone81 @Rutaceae @Sabba7h @Shentar @Tezu @Miguel Angel Pilla @Arcrax @kaneshka.gupta

Steph Farelle

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 27, 2019
PSA to ALL drivers on this league. After the issues we experienced today getting the race up and organized, I'll be reminding everyone that participation on the league's voice channel on Discord is Incredibly important for the race to be organized efficiently. It was nightmarish trying to accommodate everyone due to the game crashing and disconnection issues and then the bugs, and possibly the lobby could've been started much earlier had everyone been in the voice server and communicating in real time. For those who speak more Spanish than English in the league. I can provide Translation as I totally dominate both languages, but please, I need everyone online on the Voice server at least 10 minutes before race start. Thank you guys and see you next Sunday.

PS: Here's the Rule Entry pertinent to this issue:
3.1 Communication:

● It is advised to use a headset/microphone while in the race lobby in order to effectively receive any potential messages or instructions from the League Coordinator. Having the ability to communicate with other drivers during the race can also make it easier to avoid - and resolve - any on-track incidents that may occur. Using a voice communications is not mandatory, but desirable.

Please note that you should set your microphone to "Push to talk"-mode if possible.

PC leagues will have access to a Discord server which acts as the official game chat. Push-to-talk will be mandatory in the leagues' voice channels.

@Illicit @Mo#9991 @Rapha @Muddyh20 @Zephyr @Hynekin @dragonbone81 @Rutaceae @Sabba7h @Shentar @Tezu @Miguel Angel Pilla @Arcrax @kaneshka.gupta @codeGreene @Fizzymon

Raven

2-time AOR PC America F1 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014
League Announcement:

After a few hours of deliberation last night, the coordinators have determined our initial driver movements for the America PC splits. Keep in mind that this is not the only time drivers may be moved this season. However, at this time, we will only do so if there is a clear outlier.

Welcome to the F2 split @Z3mikey and @Bobino12!

Please head over to the car and number selection thread and choose from the available cars and numbers. The initial deadline to complete this is by Friday (8/30) at 8pm Eastern. @Z3mikey has first picks due to his championship position at the time.

Congratulations on being promoted to the F2 tier! Your results, pace, and/or past history in AOR contributed towards this decision.

Existing Driver Update:

Also moving will be @codeGreene who will now be racing in F3. We believe this will be the better split for you at this time. Please get in touch your new coordinator @Lundqvistbro to get adjusted on your move.

@Tezu and @Muddyh20 have been promoted to the F1 split. Congratulations!

Steph Farelle

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 27, 2019
League Announcement:

After a few hours of deliberation last night, the coordinators have determined our initial driver movements for the America PC splits. Keep in mind that this is not the only time drivers may be moved this season. However, at this time, we will only do so if there is a clear outlier.

Please head over to the car and number selection thread and choose from the available cars and numbers. The initial deadline to complete this is by Friday (8/30) at 8pm Eastern. @Z3mikey has first picks due to his championship position at the time.

Congratulations on being promoted to the F2 tier! Your results, pace, and/or past history in AOR contributed towards this decision.

Existing Driver Update:

Also moving will be @codeGreene who will now be racing in F3. We believe this will be the better split for you at this time. Please get in touch your new coordinator @Lundqvistbro to get adjusted on your move.
Indeed welcome to the F2 League @Bobino12 and @Z3mikey . Look forward to racing with you guys next Sunday. Do head when you guys can to the Car and Number selection thread of this tier to choose from the Available cars. At the moment we have seats free in Racing Point (2x), Haas (1x) and Renault (1x). @Fizzymon will be our new official host as @codeGreene has been moved to F3 for the moment. I'll take a look to see who can act as Backup host if need be and will update on this thread.

Edit: After looking, I'm gonna go ahead and place @Z3mikey as backup host.

@Illicit @Mo#9991 @Rapha @Muddyh20 @Zephyr @Hynekin @dragonbone81 @Rutaceae @Sabba7h @Shentar @Tezu @Miguel Angel Pilla @Arcrax @kaneshka.gupta @codeGreene @Fizzymon

Last edited:
Reactions: Fizzymon

Fizzymon

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2018
Indeed welcome to the F2 League @Bobino12 and @Z3mikey . Look forward to racing with you guys next Sunday. Do head when you guys can to the Car and Number selection thread of this tier to choose from the Available cars. At the moment we have seats free in Racing Point (2x), Haas (1x) and Renault (1x). @Fizzymon will be our new official host as @codeGreene has been moved to F3 for the moment. I'll take a look to see who can act as Backup host if need be and will update on this thread.

Edit: After looking, I'm gonna go ahead and place @Z3mikey as backup host.

With muddy and Tezu going to split 1, can we include that there is an opening at Ferrari and mclaren?

Steph Farelle

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 27, 2019
The Results table has been updated to reflect the changes. The teams for the 2 new drivers will show up after Azerbaijan. :D

Mo#9991

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Dec 14, 2017
League Announcement:

Existing Driver Update:

@Tezu and @Muddyh20 have been promoted to the F1 split. Congratulations!
I’m assuming they keep their points, yah?