PC - AOR America PC F1 League - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR America PC F1 League - Main Thread

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Fizzymon

F1 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2018
FoV: -0.75 (to match my iRacing FoV of 62 degrees horizontal
Horizontal: -0.4 (so I can see the data on the steering wheel, this doesn't affect your actual FoV, only seat position)
Vertical : 0
Angle: 0.15
15 seconds off your pb, gonna need to step it up if you want to be faster :cool:

• Funny
Reactions: Sabba7h and Illicit

Bobino12

Formula Karter
Aug 5, 2016
FoV: -0.75 (to match my iRacing FoV of 62 degrees horizontal
Horizontal: -0.4 (so I can see the data on the steering wheel, this doesn't affect your actual FoV, only seat position)
Vertical : 0
Angle: 0.15
Thank you. This setup is better than the camera setup I use. I'm playing on a 34 inches curved monitor placed at 40 inches from me.

This setup is close to the one I tried which is :

FOV : -0.6
Hor. : +0.5
Vert. : 0
Angle : 0

Illicit

S18 AOR PC F11 Champion
Apr 1, 2019
Thank you. This setup is better than the camera setup I use. I'm playing on a 34 inches curved monitor placed at 40 inches from me.

This setup is close to the one I tried which is :

FOV : -0.6
Hor. : +0.5
Vert. : 0
Angle : 0
No worries man, happy to help. Codemasters really needs to use the actual horizontal FoV number like other games, none of this slider bs.

Steph Farelle

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 27, 2019

Some_Idiot

Formula Karter
Sep 19, 2018
I'm happy to stay a reserve for the last two races, since I might miss COTA this weekend. Since I can't guarantee I'll make the race, I don't want to claim a car. I'll let you know if I miss the race in the race thread beforehand.

QuitZ5

Pro Karter
Dec 6, 2018
Same as idiot, busy school work this week. If there is still a spot after every reserve who wants to race have their own and I have time, I will race.

Illicit

S18 AOR PC F11 Champion
Apr 1, 2019
Slightly off topic, but does anyone play PUBG? I haven't played in months, but I'm getting the itch to play again and would be fun to squad up.

Fizzymon

F1 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2018
Slightly off topic, but does anyone play PUBG? I haven't played in months, but I'm getting the itch to play again and would be fun to squad up.
Haven't played in ages, been playing more fortnite and minecraft recently but I wouldn't be against redownloading it and giving it a go sometime.

Illicit

S18 AOR PC F11 Champion
Apr 1, 2019
Haven't played in ages, been playing more fortnite and minecraft recently but I wouldn't be against redownloading it and giving it a go sometime.
Let's do it. The new 2x2 map comes out tomorrow, gonna give it a go on the test server tonight.

Reactions: Fizzymon

Zephyr

Formula Karter
May 11, 2017
I started playing it again last week and have been having fun with it. If you want to play sometime, msg me on steam

Sabba7h

F1 Test Driver
Aug 26, 2017
Apologies in advance if this turns out to be a wall of text.

Firstly congratulations to @Illicit on winning the title. It's well-deserved, the pace you've had throughout the season and that consistent points haul you managed definitely was top tier. I had a blast fighting you for the title.

Next, I want to say to @Steph Farelle @Illicit @Shentar @Fizzymon as well as any other drivers I've fought throughout the season that I can't think of off the top of my head now, you guys made this thoroughly enjoyable for myself and the action that was there the entire time made this loads of fun. I've had my ups and downs (and really stupid strategy calls) but at the end of the day it was a good season for me and is going down as my best championship finish.

This was my fifth (sixth if you want to count this as two since I raced in EU as well) season in AOR F1, and for right now it's looking like I'm going to go on a hiatus for a while. Part of me really wants to keep going in F1, part of me wants to figure out how to make iR GTE/FR3.5 work, how to make GT Sport work, but part of me also feels like I need to step back for a while and take a break. I'm not gonna lie, I've been spending most of my time league racing in this game since about mid-2017, so to say the least I want to take a break for now. I'll definitely be around though if you want to drive in this, iRacing, or either Assetto Corsa. Taking the car around the track in either game and finding new ways to push it to its limit is an addicting experience that I've loved for a long time now, I don't see it going away any time soon as long as I have the time.

I'm up on iRacing as "Sulaiman Bah". Send me a friend request and I'll add you; maybe we can drive some F3/F1/GTE sometime, once my license gets high enough. :ROFLMAO:

But yeah, that's about as much as I can say for now. Hope to be on track with you guys again soon.

Steph Farelle

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 27, 2019
It's been a hell of a season guys. I wanna thank all of you for taking part of it. I've had loads of fun doing it and racing alongside all of you. I feel like I have improved somewhat, but so have all of you, so it's been amazing and mostly clean. Hope to see you all next season. I'll be pushing as hard as I can :p

PS: Final results are up!

Fizzymon

F1 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2018

Firstly congratulations to @Illicit on winning the title. It's well-deserved, the pace you've had throughout the season and that consistent points haul you managed definitely was top tier. I had a blast fighting you for the title.

Next, I want to say to @Steph Farelle @Illicit @Shentar @Fizzymon as well as any other drivers I've fought throughout the season that I can't think of off the top of my head now, you guys made this thoroughly enjoyable for myself and the action that was there the entire time made this loads of fun. I've had my ups and downs (and really stupid strategy calls) but at the end of the day it was a good season for me and is going down as my best championship finish.

This was my fifth (sixth if you want to count this as two since I raced in EU as well) season in AOR F1, and for right now it's looking like I'm going to go on a hiatus for a while. Part of me really wants to keep going in F1, part of me wants to figure out how to make iR GTE/FR3.5 work, how to make GT Sport work, but part of me also feels like I need to step back for a while and take a break. I'm not gonna lie, I've been spending most of my time league racing in this game since about mid-2017, so to say the least I want to take a break for now. I'll definitely be around though if you want to drive in this, iRacing, or either Assetto Corsa. Taking the car around the track in either game and finding new ways to push it to its limit is an addicting experience that I've loved for a long time now, I don't see it going away any time soon as long as I have the time.

I'm up on iRacing as "Sulaiman Bah". Send me a friend request and I'll add you; maybe we can drive some F3/F1/GTE sometime, once my license gets high enough. :ROFLMAO:

But yeah, that's about as much as I can say for now. Hope to be on track with you guys again soon.
We should do an endurance race sometime and see how that goes. Not that we would win or anything, but rather for the memes lol. Great racing buddy, I look forward to seeing you on a circuit somewhere soon!

Reactions: Sabba7h

Illicit

S18 AOR PC F11 Champion
Apr 1, 2019

Thanks man, it was a great championship fight and a great season in general. Everyone involved with this league really deserves a pat on the back for the high caliber of driving, both pace and awareness. @Steph Farelle once again thanks for doing such a awesome job as coordinator. As this is my first full season of F1, it's a huge surprise to walk away with the title. Entering the season I think my goals were to score regular points and finish on the podium the odd occasion. Obviously I'm nowhere close to the pace of some of the F1 drivers, but it's been a very productive season in terms of my own driving ability. I think I've put close to 800 hours into the F1 games since March when I first started sim racing and it feels great to see results. Congratulations to @Some_Idiot who is the rightful Americas F1 champion. Really feel like you were robbed considering you pretty much dominated the league before and after the merge.

Looking forward to season 4!