PC - AOR BMW 320 Touring Car Elite - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR BMW 320 Touring Car Elite - Main Thread

Enzo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2015
AOR Project CARS BMW 320 Touring Car League - Banner_zpsucakhogn.png

This is the main thread for the BMW 320 Touring Car Elite League - here you can chat about anything with your fellow league drivers!

General Information:
Race Day: Wednesday
Event start: 7:45pm (UK time)

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

● League Coordinators: @Enzo @Nismo
● Race Host: @Enzo
● Back-up Host: @Nismo

Drivers

22/26 driver spots filled + 0 reserves

1. @Browneskiii - Browneskiii - British - 15ms
  2. @Enzo - =[CRG]= ENZO - British - 14ms
  3. @Brandarous - =[CRG]= Brandarous - Netherlands- 19ms
  4. @Nismo - =[CRG]= Nismo - Dutch - 67ms
  5. @Xenon91 - =[CRG]= E.Klaassens - Netherlands - 19ms
  6. @AndrexUK - AndrexUK - Scottish - 30ms
  7. @Perry Grondstra - =[CRG]=P.Grondstra - Netherlands - 20ms
  8. @Vernux - vernux - Hungary - 41ms
  9. @JimBoum - Jimboum - Swiss - 30ms
  10. @Jeff[NL] - Jeff[NL] - Dutch - 20ms
  11. @C. Tscharf - C.Tscharf - Germany - 49ms
  12. @Hideaki - hideaki - Welsh - 32ms
  13. @DANGEROUS GIANETTA - Dangerous Gianetta - Turkish - 89ms
  14. @Rillo Von Olaff - rillo7105 -Swedish - 39ms
  15. @Hetharion - Hetharion - Dutch - 18ms
  16. @Paradyski i - paradyski - Polish - 18ms
  17. @Mr AlcoN - Mr AlcoN - Finnish - 28ms
  18. @Col.McCoy - Col_McCoy - Netherlands - 44ms
  19. @Flying Kefran - Flying_Kefran - French - 42ms
  20. @Papand - Papand - Danish - 42ms
  21. @ramdrop - ramdrop - English - 11ms
  22. @Yoohan24 - Yoohan24 - Netherlands
Commentator:
@FisiFan91 - AOR Fisi - Norway - 39ms

Reserve Drivers:

Pulled out/removed:

@rkatar - Danci - Croatian - 60ms
@Gxbbs - Gxbbs - British
@David van Buuren - Soulah - Dutch - 10ms

Last edited:

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Unfortunately I'm pulling out of this league, gonna take the break for the GT3 league :)

Nismo

GP2 1st Driver
Jun 21, 2016
Driver Update

- @ramdrop has joined the Elite league.
Welcome & Please head over to the team selection thread to team up with somebody who doesnt have a teammate yet :)

Soulah

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 1, 2016
I'm going to quit this league, sorry guys. I don't enjoy playing Project CARS anymore and because of that I have no motivation to practice. I might still watch the stream if it's broadcasted. :oops:

• Informative
Reactions: Enzo

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Dont wanna sound like a dick here, but Wednesday seems like the only days off I'm getting recently, and honestly I dont really wanna spend it practicing to then have a bad qualifying to then be involved in someone elses accidents and effectively waste a day. I'll go back to being Mr stat man :p

JimBoum

1-time AOR PC LMP Endurance Champion
Oct 4, 2016
I'm retiring from this league, as I have moved on other sims.
Pcars isn't fun anymore for me, especially in this understeery mess of a car.
I won't take part in gt3 s7 either.
See you all in Pcars2 ! (If the physics are good enough...)
Wish you all the best, have fun racing (y)

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Season review.

Rather sad that the season is over!
I loved the car choice! (although personally, I'd like to switch to something new for season 2, V8 SC's / Ginetta / etc - but that's a personal opinion!).
I loved the default setups - Some of the best racing I've seen on AOR streams! Very entertaining to watch and even more to be part of!
I really enjoyed the reverse grid element (Ok, it helped me a lot due to the fact I can't get magical qually times - putting me ahead of the faster guys (for a while at least).
Even though we all know the nature of putting faster guys behind slower guys will result in them having to work their way through the field, I do feel there was quite a lot of overly aggressive moves going on in places! And even taking into account of this being a Touring Car League, where contact was one of the main reason for watching it back in the 90's! There really is no need for it here :(
Sometimes it's almost impossible to pass someone who is just slightly slower than you. In which case, you just have to accept it, and stay behind and hope they make a mistake.
It's just very frustrating when you are defending against the faster cars behind you, and defending fairly - only to have them pass you by either making contact, or abusing the track limits.

I don't think I need to add anything to what Papand + Enzo posted about ppl not turning up towards the end of the season. But this is very sad. At least have the decency to inform the coordinators!

Accidents happen, we all know this. But it is only an accident if control of the car has been lost. if the driver is still in control of the car, and makes contact, then that's not actually an accident, it's a mistake. The term 'Accident' is miss used, and makes it sound like there was less fault/blame.

Finishing in the top 5 is rather crazy - my pace is just not even close to be in the top 5!, but it's a decent advert for driving your own pace / race, and just keeping it clean and out of trouble (although I was involved in 1 or 2 incidents!). It's always been my strategy, and has worked out rather well in the past, and clearly again here...

I've had some really fun / great races this season, and enjoyed every one of them.

I know what's involved in creating a league from scratch, and it takes a lot of time and effort to make sure things run smoothly. I think both @Enzo and @Morvic have done a great job in building this league, and I am already looking forward to a Season 2!.

Thank you to everyone involved, from creating / streaming / driving in it!

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: C. Tscharf and Enzo

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Season review.

Rather sad that the season is over!
I loved the car choice! (although personally, I'd like to switch to something new for season 2, V8 SC's / Ginetta / etc - but that's a personal opinion!).
I loved the default setups - Some of the best racing I've seen on AOR streams! Very entertaining to watch and even more to be part of!
I really enjoyed the reverse grid element (Ok, it helped me a lot due to the fact I can't get magical qually times - putting me ahead of the faster guys (for a while at least).
Even though we all know the nature of putting faster guys behind slower guys will result in them having to work their way through the field, I do feel there was quite a lot of overly aggressive moves going on in places! And even taking into account of this being a Touring Car League, where contact was one of the main reason for watching it back in the 90's! There really is no need for it here :(
Sometimes it's almost impossible to pass someone who is just slightly slower than you. In which case, you just have to accept it, and stay behind and hope they make a mistake.
It's just very frustrating when you are defending against the faster cars behind you, and defending fairly - only to have them pass you by either making contact, or abusing the track limits.

I don't think I need to add anything to what Papand + Enzo posted about ppl not turning up towards the end of the season. But this is very sad. At least have the decency to inform the coordinators!

Accidents happen, we all know this. But it is only an accident if control of the car has been lost. if the driver is still in control of the car, and makes contact, then that's not actually an accident, it's a mistake. The term 'Accident' is miss used, and makes it sound like there was less fault/blame.

Finishing in the top 5 is rather crazy - my pace is just not even close to be in the top 5!, but it's a decent advert for driving your own pace / race, and just keeping it clean and out of trouble (although I was involved in 1 or 2 incidents!). It's always been my strategy, and has worked out rather well in the past, and clearly again here...

I've had some really fun / great races this season, and enjoyed every one of them.

I know what's involved in creating a league from scratch, and it takes a lot of time and effort to make sure things run smoothly. I think both @Enzo and @Morvic have done a great job in building this league, and I am already looking forward to a Season 2!.

Thank you to everyone involved, from creating / streaming / driving in it!
@Enzo and @Nismo you mean

Papand

F1 Test Driver
Jul 17, 2015
Was a nice league with a fun concept. Personally it was probably a mistake of me to join. Already in the GT3 S6 i could feel motivation dropping and being in need of a break from Pcars, so i should have let the wheel rest in off season. My pace in Zhuhai was good and it was nice to show i can be competitive in the top in a non-RUF. The rest of the races were all inflicted by no practice, so i had to pick up the pace as the evening progressed. That worked very well at that desert track i cant remember whats called. :D

Never really been a fan of default setups. One of my strengths has always been to be well prepared and working on your setup is part of that. With default on its too easy to just skip practice.

Thanks to the coordinators for their effort to make everything run smooth. Shame with so many dropping out. Also bit too much crazy driving here and there, that i hope will be gone for GT3 S7. :)

Reactions: Enzo

Jeff[NL]

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 15, 2016
Gentlemen... @Enzo @Nismo this was really a exciting league !!! I had so much fun and i hope we all had. I liked almost everthing in this league :woot:. The competition was strong and sometimes with some unfortunate mistakes and incidents but overall very very good. So really thank you for the time and effort to set this up for us ! (y)

I hope there will be a second season or maybe something thats somewhat similar in this format and see all the guys back on track again !

Offcourse also thanks to @FisiFan91 for his great commentary and videos :snaphappy:!

• Friendly
Reactions: FisiFan91 and Enzo