PS4 - AOR Cilo Cup - PS4 Tier 2 - Round 3: Rouen Les Essarts Short - 19.02.20 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR Cilo Cup - PS4 Tier 2 - Round 3: Rouen Les Essarts Short - 19.02.20 @8PM UK Time

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016

ROUND 3 - Rouen Les Essarts Short

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday February 19 2020
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Sprint race: 20 minutes race with an standing start.
- Main race: 40 minutes.
PC: Starting order top 16 reversed from sprint race and all remaining drivers from P17 downwards in combination with the manual AOR Rolling Start.
Consoles: Starting order top 8 reversed from sprint race and all remaining drivers from P9 downwards in combination with the manual AOR Rolling Start.

● Weather Conditions (Sync to Race):
- Qualifying:
Clear
- Sprint race:
Heavy Cloud
- Main race:
Hazy
Medium Cloud

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 27/08/2020 15:00
- Sprint race time: 27/08/2020 16:00
- Main race time: 27/08/2020 23:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Starting order main race:
Normally we all start in the position we have qualified in. But since we have a starting order that is based on the top half from the the sprint race, we need to place ourselves correctly during the formation lap. When the lights go out, everybody starts to move slowly around 10mph (16kph). Remember to stay as far to the left or right on the track to make it easier for cars to pass. Remember your starting position (obviously) but also who is in the position right in front of you.
● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:

Uninformed No Shows:

Robbb74

Pro Karter
Jan 19, 2020
Anyone with experience on this track and some tips maybe? Never been there before...

Raoualf21731

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2020
Remember turn 1 and 2 in Sakitto when you thought the Clio was a bit slippery? Rouen-les-Essarts will be your absolute nightmare as all the circuit is like this. To make things even worse, the long straights will make your tyres freezing cold after 1.5 laps. Any time you slightly touch the grass, you're out, with no room for escape. It is very likely that you'll get caught in the accident if you're behind. With the default setup, the Clio is simply not made at all for this track.

If everybody manages to finish that race, it will be a miracle, really. Heads up guys at turn 4 ("Virage du Nouveau Monde", the hairpin down the circuit): on the first lap, those in the pack and behind will arrive very fast compared to the leaders. It is very likely that a bottleneck will form so please consider as normal if you have to stop almost completely on the track. Try to do a first lap with the AI (which is ridiculously good on this track) starting from behind to see that in action.

Nevertheless, it is the ultimate pleasure to drive on a track that you may not know if you're not from the area. Rouen-les-Essarts is actually not a proper circuit but rather a public road. It hosted five times the French Grand Prix, the last one being the first victory of Jacky Ickx. You can still see the grandstands from the actual public road.

Some advice for this circuit on PC2: take it easy, don't stay full throttle in turns except in turns 6 and 9. It is doable to stay full throttle at turn 1 but the racing line is too narrow to survive in the long run in my opinion. Try to keep the Clio stable: if you slide, it is very likely that you won't have enough space to get some grip again so you'll end up in the grass and in the barriers. Be patient while overtaking. If someone is faster than you behind, don't defend too much or you'll probably screw both races. More than anywhere else, consistency will be key!

Enjoy France! :D

Last edited:

McKinda

GP2 Test Driver
Mar 25, 2019
Sound like everyday road I'm taking to work but only difference is that I dont use pad to do it. This will be a challenge for me to stay on track if I want to be fast.

• Funny
Reactions: Michel--NL

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
If I am online is it ok to join the lobby & watch?
Sure, we can do that. Be sure to press the retire button on the ready screen. But it will cost you points on you PC2 rating (i think), if you don't mind that I have no problem with it :)

JRF_Hgrade_B_66

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 14, 2020
Could you tell me your PSN?
Yes it's in my signature.
JRF-HYGRADEB

Sure, we can do that. Be sure to press the retire button on the ready screen. But it will cost you points on you PC2 rating (i think), if you don't mind that I have no problem with it :)
Thanks I Will try next time I see you racing & remember to retire.
Still getting used to the game & it's bugs.
Like getting stuck in the pit box or on the pit lane & only way to try get moving is to rev high in natural & kick it into gear & the game freezing when AI pit, found them both in customs racing.

Reactions: Michel--NL

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Like getting stuck in the pit box or on the pit lane & only way to try get moving is to rev high in natural & kick it into gear & the game freezing when AI pit, found them both in customs racing.
That's new for me. Did you set it on manual pit? We always use manual pit, maybe that's why I didn't see it.