PS4 - AOR Cilo Cup - PS4 Tier 2 - Round 3: Rouen Les Essarts Short - 19.02.20 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR Cilo Cup - PS4 Tier 2 - Round 3: Rouen Les Essarts Short - 19.02.20 @8PM UK Time

Raoualf21731

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 27, 2020
I've tried another race today with the AI. Please guys be really, really careful on the first hairpin, it can easily be a massacre :eek:

In general, don't expect much from the first part of the track where there is only one racing line in my opinion. I don't really see how it is possible to overtake before the straight after the hairpin.

Raoualf21731

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 27, 2020
Oh, and as the main race is in the night: if you car front crashes in the middle of the circuit, you'll lose your lights there is no way you can go back to the pits as there is no light along the track. Everything will be dark :LOL:

Davidgrundstrom

Formula Karter
Feb 23, 2019
Did some TT on this track, maybe the hardest car/track combo i´ve ever seen. Survive is my only goal this week. Pit crew will be busy....

McKinda

Formula 3 Test Driver
Mar 25, 2019
I was running race settings with AI, my best lap for now is 2.09.398.
My average race pace is between 2.09.5 and 2.10 but have only done 2x 20mins practice. Cant really dexide with setup. Stable feels nice but loose is wobblingly fast :unsure:

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
My average race pace is between 2.09.5 and 2.10 but have only done 2x 20mins practice. Cant really dexide with setup. Stable feels nice but loose is wobblingly fast :unsure:
Wow 2.10 race pace is nice. I did one 2.10 with a lot of luck :)

Khaled77

GP2 1st Driver
Jul 25, 2016
Thx, but i really havent done much practice. And first part of the track to that hairpin is just nitemare on pad.
It’s a nightmare on wheel too pal.. not enjoying that first sector at all.. the rest of the lap is great fun tho

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014

I'm 4 seconds per lap off that pace in the dark! Can't get braking points right? I've decided to start the main race at the back as I don't want to be responsible for a pile up at the hairpin! There seems to be less grip in the night race? 3 laps is the most I've done without crashing! Good luck tonight everyone. We're all going to need it!

Tomji_

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T4 Champion
Apr 9, 2017
I'm not looking forward to this, have had zero practice and won't be able to get on until around 90 minutes before qualifying and you guys are scaring me at how difficult it sounds! :eek:

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I'm not looking forward to this, have had zero practice and won't be able to get on until around 90 minutes before qualifying and you guys are scaring me at how difficult it sounds! :eek:
In the dark it's worse than 'how difficult it sounds'! lol

Reactions: Tomji_

McKinda

Formula 3 Test Driver
Mar 25, 2019
I haven't done day race yet so dont know anything about grip problems but first couole of laps its recommended to take with caution... At least first.
I think we will eencounter big problems at hairpin.

Davidgrundstrom

Formula Karter
Feb 23, 2019
I haven't done day race yet so dont know anything about grip problems but first couole of laps its recommended to take with caution... At least first.
I think we will eencounter big problems at hairpin.

Racing door to door is not recomended anywhere on this curcuit. Best chance of overtaking must be the last corner or maybe the corner sharp left corner after the hairpin.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Think we all need to remember where the pit entrance is :p

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
According to some info from the aliens (thanks @Jarryd Vermeulen :)) we will face the same problem with the fuel as last race.
So what we are going to do:

• Everyone needs to create an pit setup with 23 liters of fuel. You can create it during quali or in the ready screen for the race. Be sure to put tire change to off!!
  • When the main race starts we will be doing the AOR rolling start procedure speed but we skip the point where we all need to get in the correct order. We skip the formation zone part and go into the pits to refuel. Be sure you selected the correct pit setup in the ready screen!! If you fail to get the fuel because you had it setup wrong, you'r own fault we will not restart the race or do another formation lap.
  • Leaving the pits we will do another AOR rolling start, get into the correct order, but this time we follow the procedure with the formation zone and start racing in the acceleration zone.

Raoualf21731

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 27, 2020
According to some info from the aliens (thanks @Jarryd Vermeulen :)) we will face the same problem with the fuel as last race.

• Everyone needs to create an pit setup with 23 liters of fuel. You can create it during quali or in the ready screen for the race. Be sure to put tire change to off!!
  • When the main race starts we will be doing the AOR rolling start procedure speed but we skip the point where we all need to get in the correct order. We skip the formation zone part and go into the pits to refuel. Be sure you selected the correct pit setup in the ready screen!! If you fail to get the fuel because you had it setup wrong, you'r own fault we will not restart the race or do another formation lap.
  • Leaving the pits we will do another AOR rolling start, get into the correct order, but this time we follow the procedure with the formation zone and start racing in the acceleration zone.
The setup is to be done in the pit strategy, right? I didn't mind pitting during the race but okay then!

Khaled77

GP2 1st Driver
Jul 25, 2016

Wait.. what? :eek:
First of all does the pitlane have enough space for all of us??