PS4 - AOR Cilo Cup - PS4 Tier 2 - Round 4: Autodromo Nazionale Monza Short - 26.02.20 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR Cilo Cup - PS4 Tier 2 - Round 4: Autodromo Nazionale Monza Short - 26.02.20 @8PM UK Time

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016

ROUND 4 - Autodromo Nazionale Monza Short

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday February 26 2020
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Sprint race: 20 minutes race with an standing start.
- Main race: 40 minutes.
PC: Starting order top 16 reversed from sprint race and all remaining drivers from P17 downwards in combination with the manual AOR Rolling Start.
Consoles: Starting order top 8 reversed from sprint race and all remaining drivers from P9 downwards in combination with the manual AOR Rolling Start.

● Weather Conditions (Sync to Race):
- Qualifying:
Heavy Cloud
- Sprint race:
Light Cloud
- Main race:
Hazy

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 29/08/2020 12:00
- Sprint race time: 29/08/2020 13:00
- Main race time: 29/08/2020 14:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Starting order main race:
Normally we all start in the position we have qualified in. But since we have a starting order that is based on the top half from the the sprint race, we need to place ourselves correctly during the formation lap. When the lights go out, everybody starts to move slowly around 10mph (16kph). Remember to stay as far to the left or right on the track to make it easier for cars to pass. Remember your starting position (obviously) but also who is in the position right in front of you.
● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:

Uninformed No Shows:

• Happy
Reactions: Tomji_

Raoualf21731

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 27, 2020
Now that I screwed my race for the championship, it will just be about having fun on the track :)

I recently raced on this one with a rather good lobby. There is no surprise in saying that turn 3 is the most important part of the circuit – and is trickier than it looks, especially while in the pack with nowhere to look as a reference for your breaking point.

What I noticed is that most of the accidents come from turn 1. Thanks to the toe, the car behind can arrive quite faster than usual. If you don't break a little earlier then... you may not be able to turn right as you'd want to because of your speed. Then the car on your left, which is on a normal trajectory, will be forced to hit you. When you think that 3 or 4 tenth is what separates you from hero 'slipstreamer' to zero, it is really unfortunate for everybody.

I don't know how the tires will react in the haze but the front left will probably suffer a lot after 10/20 minutes of racing.

Monza short looks easy because the risks of stupid crashes are of course very far from what we experienced in France this week but this track is actually more difficult overall than it seems at first sight. And the wall is closer than you think out of turn 3!

Side note: I will consider it as a second home race so be prepared :p

Last edited:

McKinda

GP2 Test Driver
Mar 25, 2019
@Khaled77 the best way to figure that out is to run 45min online lobby race and see how much fuel you get at start.
I think for this track we are good on fuel, but not sure.

Reactions: Khaled77

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I think this will be very close in quali and the races? My pb's in quali are 55.5 and 55.3 race and I don't think any improvement for me is possible? It should be good racing no matter what position you're fighting for. I'm looking forward to it. Good luck to everyone and enjoy!

Raoualf21731

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 27, 2020
@Khaled77 the best way to figure that out is to run 45min online lobby race and see how much fuel you get at start.
I think for this track we are good on fuel, but not sure.
Really not sure though. If I remember well the Clio can carry 35L maximum and we'll do around 42/43 laps. We'll probably burn about a litre per lap.

Anyone else has some info about this?

I think this will be very close in quali and the races? My pb's in quali are 55.5 and 55.3 race and I don't think any improvement for me is possible? It should be good racing no matter what position you're fighting for. I'm looking forward to it. Good luck to everyone and enjoy!
This will be very close racing indeed. I think most of the race depends on how we survive in turn 1. If there are no crashes and no damages to the cars, it will be pretty nice.

robsterf1

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Nov 30, 2017
Don't think I'll make this last race tomorrow @Michel--NL .been suffering serious lag on ps4 since Friday night and just done a connection test on the ps4 and noticed my speed was way down, just done a speed test with my app on my phone and this confirmed it. Phone call to virgin media I think. Retarted router and still the same. Don't wanna ruin anyone's race tommorrw if I join with a rubbish connection. So think I'll sit this last race out and hopefully get the problem sorted before the next Gt3 season. Have a great race fellas. ️

• Sad
Reactions: Michel--NL

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Don't think I'll make this last race tomorrow @Michel--NL .been suffering serious lag on ps4 since Friday night and just done a connection test on the ps4 and noticed my speed was way down, just done a speed test with my app on my phone and this confirmed it. Phone call to virgin media I think. Retarted router and still the same. Don't wanna ruin anyone's race tommorrw if I join with a rubbish connection. So think I'll sit this last race out and hopefully get the problem sorted before the next Gt3 season. Have a great race fellas. ️
Hope they can fix it for you.

Reactions: robsterf1

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
@Michel--NL any idea how many liters should we add?
Don't know.

With the start you get 21 Liters. It is around 0.90 liter per round.
Now you need to calculate how fast you are, so you know how many laps you will do in 40 minutes :)
2400/56 (lap time) = 43 laps
43 laps x 0.90 = 38.7 total fuel.
Do an extra 21 liters and you are safe....think :rolleyes:

Raoualf21731

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 27, 2020
Amazing first race with @Tomji_ but I was so confused then than I was waiting for another invitation...

This season is full of mixed feelings for me ultimately, with some amazing moments but some catastrophic ones too :cry:

RacingAtHome

AOR PS4 Clio Cup T2 Champion
May 5, 2016
This season is full of mixed feelings for me ultimately, with some amazing moments but some catastrophic ones too :cry:
You're quick. On pure pace, you're probably the fastest guy this season. Shame you've had your issues. Hope to race you again in another championship.

Anyway. Wow. That second race was incredible for the first half. Thanks to @Pocoyoporsch and @Davidgrundstrom for keeping it clean. Was great fun and a shame the pitstops stopped that.

Last edited:

McKinda

GP2 Test Driver
Mar 25, 2019
@RacingAtHome congrats for the win and solid performance today. Also well deserved championship win.
1sr race was better then I expected for me but then I lost 3rd place in last corner because of backmarkers crashed.
I had hopes for 2nd race but got rammed from behind in 1st corner of 2nd lap. Then I almost crashed in @Michel--NL who also had sone rough situation in 2nd corner. I lost all my hopes and motivation after that.
Overall it was nice series and i hope i will race some of you guys in other series.

RacingAtHome

AOR PS4 Clio Cup T2 Champion
May 5, 2016
@RacingAtHome congrats for the win and solid performance today. Also well deserved championship win.
1sr race was better then I expected for me but then I lost 3rd place in last corner because of backmarkers crashed.
I had hopes for 2nd race but got rammed from behind in 1st corner of 2nd lap. Then I almost crashed in @Michel--NL who also had sone rough situation in 2nd corner. I lost all my hopes and motivation after that.
Overall it was nice series and i hope i will race some of you guys in other series.
Thanks. :)

Just saw what happened to you on the replay. Unlucky there.

• Winner
Reactions: McKinda

Raoualf21731

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 27, 2020
You're quick. On pure pace, you're probably the fastest guy this season. Shame you've had your issues. Hope to race you again in another championship.
Thanks, mate! Yeah I wish I could have fought a little bit more for the championship, I've learnt the hard way how to race here.

Congratulations for a well-deserved win and title, it was a pleasure to race with you and all the other drivers. I couldn't have wished a better first time in simracing to be honnest!

Reactions: RacingAtHome

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
@RacingAtHome congrats for the championship (y)

Had a good first race with @McKinda. I felt sorry for not letting you pass to take over 3rd place after what happened in the very last corner with the backmarkers :(
This time I needed to think about my teammate.

Second race was not that good. Had an accident with @Tomji_ in the second lap. I watched the replay, think you didn't expected me there. From my view I though you know I was there and would take the corner a little wider :)
Rest of the race I was cruising solo..not much to tell about.

Khaled77

F1 Reserve Driver
Jul 25, 2016
@RacingAtHome congrats for the championship (y)

Had a good first race with @McKinda. I felt sorry for not letting you pass to take over 3rd place after what happened in the very last corner with the backmarkers :(
This time I needed to think about my teammate.

Second race was not that good. Had an accident with @Tomji_ in the second lap. I watched the replay, think you didn't expected me there. From my view I though you know I was there and would take the corner a little wider :)
Rest of the race I was cruising solo..not much to tell about.

Had to dodge that crash big time! Will post my pov tomorrow
Thanks for the fun guys. And as always thanks @Michel--NL for the amazing organization

• Friendly
Reactions: Michel--NL