PC AOR Clio Cup - PC Tier 1 - Main Thread

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016

AOR Project CARS 2 Clio Cup
PC Tier 1 Main Thread

This is the main thread for the PC Clio Cup Tier 1 - here you can chat about anything with your fellow league drivers!

General Information:
Race Day: Wednesday
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)

Important Links:
League Information
League Rules
Race Calendar

● League Coordinator: @TicklishPicklewickle
● Race Host: @TicklishPicklewickle
● Back-up Host: TBA

Drivers and Teams:

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016

jogurc

Formula Karter
Jan 4, 2020
As this is my first time competing here i wanted to know how the reserve drivers will compete in the league. Do we get to score points? Can we still drive in a team? How many races will we be allowed to partake in?

Fatworm

Formula Karter
Jan 28, 2020

AOR Project CARS 2 Clio Cup
PC Tier 1 Main Thread

This is the main thread for the PC Clio Cup Tier 1 - here you can chat about anything with your fellow league drivers!

General Information:
Race Day: Wednesday
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)

Important Links:
League Information
League Rules
Race Calendar

● League Coordinator: @TicklishPicklewickle
● Race Host: @TicklishPicklewickle
● Back-up Host: TBA

Drivers and Teams:
Hi Picklewish,

Myself (Fatworm) and MadHaze-01 would like to be a team - Camel Rock

Hopefully I've done this right!

Many thanks

Fatworm

AndrexUK

3 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
May 6, 2015
===
Hi Picklewish,

===

Team Registration thread is open here:

Reactions: MadHaze_01

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
As this is my first time competing here i wanted to know how the reserve drivers will compete in the league. Do we get to score points? Can we still drive in a team? How many races will we be allowed to partake in?
Reserves score points just as main drivers :)
You can be in a team as well :)
You role as a reserve is primarily to fill any open spots that appear in the races from people not being able to attend. But you may have noticed that some of the tracks we do can hold 32 drivers in which case you will be able to race no matter the circumstances (which includes this first race at Barcelona). But for a track like Rouen Les Essarts you will have to wait until I ask you to take a spot since there's only room for 26 drivers on that track. But that might change during the season if enough people leave in which case you will be promoted to a main driver.

In short, if I tag you in the race thread, you have a spot. If not, you have to wait :)

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Hi Picklewish,

Many thanks

Fatworm
Post this in the livery selection thread instead with the correct template please :)

Nila

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 21, 2018
This is the same day as the second evaluation race witch i signed up for :/

Guess i could do it today but whit no practising it wont be that easy.

AndrexUK

3 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
May 6, 2015
It's just default, so it's really just a case of about 5 - 10 laps or so, and you should be good to go :)
That's one of the other benefits of Default leagues, you don't have to put loads of time into tweeking the car setup, and it's almost a case of turn up and race!

Campo675

PC S1 Touring Cars Pro Champion
Sep 29, 2017
hi

So I would like to take

Livery: vollmer motor racing
Car Number: #87

I'm open to anybody that would like to form a team

thanks

Nila

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 21, 2018
This is the same day as the second evaluation race witch i signed up for :/

Guess i could do it today but whit no practising it wont be that easy.
Just got word from Voodoo that there will be another race on Friday, so ill sign up for that one instead. Clios, here i come :D

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Alright then, tonight it all goes down and I wish everyone good luck for the first race of the season :)

Just some information to the number of new drivers we have got for this league.
As you should know by now, it's in the rules that it is mandatory to be on our official Discord server on the race night. To join the server follow the link below and click the invite link. Once you have joined the Discord server you need to go into the text channel called #game-assignment. Here you will find a post by our lovely MoBot where you will have to react to the post with the Project CARS reaction. This will give you access to all the Project CARS text and voice channels.
When it is time for the lobby to start, we will be in the voice channel called GT3 Tier 1. This is a push-to-talk only channel so you'll need to assign a button for push-to-talk somewhere that is easily accessible during the race. If you don't have a mic or simply don't wanna talk then that's fine as well. The main thing is that you can hear what others say. It'll be almost impossible for me to sort out the reverse grid for the main race if we don't have everybody on Discord listening. So very important that you get this working before the race tonight.

Now you're all set to go have some fun racing in these awesome cars :)

Tony Tacos

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 27, 2020
I'm super stoked for my first race at AOR tonight =)
Does someone know if there's going to be a commentator stream for the race ? Or maybe a racer is planning on streaming his performance ? Please let me know :)
Cheers =)

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
I'm super stoked for my first race at AOR tonight =)
Does someone know if there's going to be a commentator stream for the race ? Or maybe a racer is planning on streaming his performance ? Please let me know :)
Cheers =)
I will also be recording my POV which I will post in the media thread after the race :)

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Driver update:

And just for good measure, (hopefully) last last minute sign-up will be @Tudesertpac. He will be joining as reserve #8 :)

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Driver update:

@Tony Clifton has got a qualifying ban that he is to serve at the next qualifying he attends to. Since he has accumulated 25 penalty points from various incidents he has been awarded a qualifying ban. This will be put into action at round 2 at Sakitto Sprint if and only if he attends the race. If he does not attend, the ban will be moved to the next round and so on.

• Informative
Reactions: Tony Clifton