PC - AOR Clio Cup - PC Tier 1 - Round 1: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya National - 05.02.20 @8PM UK TIME | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR Clio Cup - PC Tier 1 - Round 1: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya National - 05.02.20 @8PM UK TIME

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016

ROUND 1 - Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya National

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday February 05 2020
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Sprint race: 20 minutes race with an standing start.
- Main race: 40 minutes.
PC: Starting order top 16 reversed from sprint race and all remaining drivers from P17 downwards in combination with the manual AOR Rolling Start.
Consoles: Starting order top 8 reversed from sprint race and all remaining drivers from P9 downwards in combination with the manual AOR Rolling Start.

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying:
Medium Cloud
- Sprint race:
Heavy Cloud
- Main race:
Heavy Cloud

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 30/04/2020 12:00
- Sprint race time: 30/04/2020 13:00
- Main race time: 30/04/2020 14:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Starting order main race:
Normally we all start in the position we have qualified in. But since we have a starting order that is based on the top half from the the sprint race, we need to place ourselves correctly during the formation lap. When the lights go out, everybody starts to move slowly around 10mph (16kph). Remember to stay as far to the left or right on the track to make it easier for cars to pass. Remember your starting position (obviously) but also who is in the position right in front of you.
● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:
- @Campo675

Uninformed No Shows:
- @F4H MaR4uDer [x1]

Last edited:

Mr zak

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 4, 2019
Yes i can but why i am as reserve drive and not main driver?

AndrexUK

3 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
May 6, 2015
It's normally done by order of signup, but as was explained in another post, Some tracks have a smaller car limit, so we can only set the smallest track, as the same number of 'Main drivers'
Most tracks accept more, so can be filled up by the reserves.
And by the time we get to the smaller tracks, some main drivers will have dropped out, or some may not be able to attend that race, which again opens it up to the reserve drivers.

Mr zak

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 4, 2019
It's normally done by order of signup, but as was explained in another post, Some tracks have a smaller car limit, so we can only set the smallest track, as the same number of 'Main drivers'
Most tracks accept more, so can be filled up by the reserves.
And by the time we get to the smaller tracks, some main drivers will have dropped out, or some may not be able to attend that race, which again opens it up to the reserve drivers.
Thx for your time to explain .:):)

gerval

Junior Karter
Jan 28, 2020
sorry i don't speak english I use a translator
present at tonight's race
if you have to talk to me during practice or during the race, in the event of a technical problem , talk to Tony Tacos my teammate who understands English
thank you

WMDRMartin

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 31, 2017
First race was damage limitation right from the get-go, as someone flipped over my car in turn 2 or 3 in the first lap. Lost both my bumpers, the trunk door, my windshield, and pretty much everything else that could come off. In terms of weight reduction it was a success I suppose :ROFLMAO:
But tbf, I only had a little bit of suspension damage, and 9 front damage (none on the rear, which is odd considering I'd lost my spoiler:unsure:) which only really killed my straight line speed.

I managed to get myself back up to 20th spot or so with a car that looked like it belonged on the scrapheap. Not gonna lie, it was kinda hilarious watching that piece of junk drive around at normal speed :LOL:

The second race, starting way from the back since the reverse grid system for this season only reverses the top 16 (Which I strongly dislike because the rest of the field might as well DNF instead of carrying on, as you'll start at the back anyways. I'd much rather keep the previous system with reverse grid for everyone except for the non-finishers.)

Either way, I had a tremendous few opening laps, getting from P21 to P12, where I stayed for an absolute age. There was a huge battle going on for the second half of the top ten for the entire race, which I was consistently about 5 seconds behind, watching in agony as I just couldn't catch them xD
Eventually though, the guy i'd been chasing caught up to them, as did I (in the final 6 minutes or so) and finally I could participate in the fighting for a top 10 spot, which is all I was really aiming for.
And since missing an apex can cost you a spot easily in these things, failed passing attempts by others allowed me to capitalise on their mistakes and get past them myself. I managed to fight my way into the top ten, when suddenly the two guys in front of me took eachother out, with like 2 minutes or so remaining . That had me sat in P8, which became P7 as I picked up another spot due to penalties for the guy ahead of me.

All in all, I'm quite happy with that result! Clinging on for dear life for half an hour can pay dividends folks ;)

AndrexUK

3 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
May 6, 2015
Sorry, but that was not fun.
I'm sure there was some good racing in there, but it wasn't where ever I was.
Getting knocked about all over the place. Spun round in Turn 2 on Lap 1...
Rejoining down in 20th.
I swear ppl had eye blinkers on, cause I don't think I managed ANY side by side driving that didn't end up in contact / pushed off the track.

Driving standards were not up to the required level. it was honestly like a public lobby at best!
Not interested in continuing with that.

Decided to have another go for Race 2, but had the pleasure of the game not detecting my wheel, so a non starter...

Sorry @King-kodiak for dropping out of the team, but that experience turned my favorite type of league (default slow cars - was rather looking forward to this (even if FWD is wrong)) into something I'd rather avoid :(

Last edited:

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
As I mentioned in the Discord yesterday, I basically left with a feeling of disappointment at the end of the night. I didn't expect tonight to be perfect in terms of standards since we have so many new drivers, but I must say I didn't think we could go this low.

The driving standards were questionable at best. People blindly turning while having other cars around them, rejoining without looking (this was imo the worst last night) and just genuinely careless driving. I really hope a lot of you will be going away from this race with the ability to do better next time around. Much better. I understand that new drivers here need some experience. We aren't all professional racedrivers from day 1, but there were just some things on track last night that shouldn't have been happening and that needs to change for next week.

I'm not going to mention any names because I'm sure you know who you are. So please, for the sake of everyone involved here, be more mindful of the drivers around you on track. In the end it'll only end up getting you penalties and in the worst case see you banned from any future leagues. I sort of expect that for all of you to come to a forum like this, you must know the general rules of racing. And if not, then get to know them! And then apply them in practice for the next race so we can all have a much more enjoyable experience.

Now that we're on the topic of driving standards, I cannot recommend CrewChief enough to you new guys. Basically a third-party app for spotting. I know there's a spotter in-game as well but I find CrewChief much better. So install it, and use it.

In terms of the extreme amounts of crazy rejoins I saw, turn your minimap and relative board on in-game. Use them when rejoining the track! And don't be impatient when rejoining. If you collide with someone when rejoining it'll most likely ruin both your races and potentially you stand to get a fat penalty as well. So just don't do it! Wait for as long as you need off-track until it is safe to rejoin. Even if that means you have to let the WHOLE field by and rejoin in last place. I was taken out in T2 on L1 in the first race and I waited off-track until it was safe. I rejoined in last position but at least my car was in one piece and I could race until the end!

All of the things I have mentioned above in terms of driving standards isn't really that complicated. With a little bit of common sense and respect for the people around you, you'll get a very long way! Drive the car like you would in real life. In real life you would die from some of those crashes I saw yesterday. So drive like you are physically in a car you paid 60.000 $ for. Yes, a race car like this one costs 60.000 $ in real life. Racing's not cheap.

With all of the sour talk out of the way, I did experience some great racing out there yesterday. So thanks for all the great fights I had with various people. I could've done without all the crashes, but the driving was really good at some points :)

Here's my POV of both races:

Asturbo

AOR PC Winter Champion 2020 & PC Clio Cup Champion
Jun 9, 2019
Sad that some people has incidents during yesterday’s race. I’ve to say that I didn’t have any problem during both races, and people around me was as clean as expected. In the stream I’ve seen some dangerous rejoinings that shouldn’t happen. Many new people yesterday, so I would give another opportunity who those who are disappointed with yesterday’s races.

Qualifying: I made a very good lap with loose setups and got 2nd position at only 0.4 of VanOmmen and 0.4 ahead of the rest of the field. Very happy with the result.

Race 1: I made a cautious start and when I begin to push I have a lag problem with Yorkie that disappeared, I overtake him out of the track and receive a penalty to give back position. How he was not there, I have to wait others behind loosing 3 positions. At the middle of the race, we could catch Tony and then we have and amazing battle till the end, with 3 wide braking in most of the laps. I made an outside overtake in turn 1 that was great and after that I finally could go away from them in the last laps to get 3th position. Really, really Amazing.

Race 2: With reverse grid I started 14th so I take the initial laps carefully, avoiding any contact to keep the car undamaged. I recovered many positions and when VanOmmen catch me, I don’t make any opposition because I knew he is faster and that could allow us to catch Allen. It worked because I could follow him many laps and I finally could pass Allen to get a fantastic 2nd place. If I’ll try to fight for 2nd when MVO catch me, probably I would finish 3th so was a good choice (it would be different in last lap).

Races are long, so if we don’t have incidents, we should end in the position we deserve. Hurries only causes accident and/or damage in the car that will destroy our race. Also defending too hard makes us loosing time, so with reverse grids it’s clever to follow rivals that are slightly faster than us.

Some minutes of the battle we have in race one with @Yorkie065, @Tony Clifton and @jogurc:

Smolda

AOR PC Endurance League S4 GTE Champion
Oct 23, 2017
Well, I gotta say I'm slightly dissapointed, after checking the replay ... I just found that it was the same guy who pushed me off my racing line 3 times. @MadHaze_01 , are you using crew chief? If not, I suggest you install it and also read what @TicklishPicklewickle wrote above. You turned in on me when I was on your side (and at least one other person too) and it looks like you had no idea I was there. First one:

Ok, not too bad, I braked just enough to avoid contact.
Second one:

Looks like there was a bit of a lag maybe?
Third one:

Another:

And the last one, on last lap, lost a few positions because of that :-(

Looks like our pace is about the same as mine, so I hope next time we meet on track, we'll have some good battles ... ;-)
Apart from that, it was fun - looking forward to the next one :)

Reactions: MadHaze_01

MadHaze_01

Pro Karter
Jan 27, 2020
Well, I gotta say I'm slightly dissapointed, after checking the replay ... I just found that it was the same guy who pushed me off my racing line 3 times. @MadHaze_01 , are you using crew chief? If not, I suggest you install it and also read what @TicklishPicklewickle wrote above. You turned in on me when I was on your side (and at least one other person too) and it looks like you had no idea I was there. First one:

Ok, not too bad, I braked just enough to avoid contact.
Second one:

Looks like there was a bit of a lag maybe?
Third one:

Another:

And the last one, on last lap, lost a few positions because of that :-(

Looks like our pace is about the same as mine, so I hope next time we meet on track, we'll have some good battles ... ;-)
Apart from that, it was fun - looking forward to the next one :)
Hi , The last one is where I lost 4 places and was also very disappointed , I had my nose in-front and was trying to get the angle I needed for the turn , I couldn't turn as my car became locked with yours. The others do look bad from your perspective but again , I think I just had my nose in-front and was trying to stay on the racing line . That said , this is my first league race in any racing game so I don't doubt my perception / awareness needs to improve . I can assure you though none of it was intentional . The last thing I wanted heading into the race was to ruin anyone else's . You can even see in my replays me letting people past I know are faster , I did my best not to block excessively etc . I too hope we have some good races in the future and thought the race was great fun for the most part, sorry if I put a downer on your race though. I haven't got time to edit clips , but I'll happily send in my 2 replays . cheers (y) (edit) the chicane incident ,. I think was poor judgment on my behalf ( a silly place to try and gain a position) but I was aware of this after the fact and made sure to give you your position back right after that incident along the final straight . I'm sure my awareness will improve as I learn to control my heart rate while having awesome battles like that. Peace! :)

Last edited: