PC - AOR Clio Cup - PC Tier 1 - Round 2: Sakitto Sprint - 12.02.20 @8PM UK TIME | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR Clio Cup - PC Tier 1 - Round 2: Sakitto Sprint - 12.02.20 @8PM UK TIME

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016

ROUND 2 - Sakitto Sprint

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday February 12 2020
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Sprint race: 20 minutes race with an standing start.
- Main race: 40 minutes.
PC: Starting order top 16 reversed from sprint race and all remaining drivers from P17 downwards in combination with the manual AOR Rolling Start.
Consoles: Starting order top 8 reversed from sprint race and all remaining drivers from P9 downwards in combination with the manual AOR Rolling Start.

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying:
Overcast
- Sprint race:
Overcast
- Main race:
Rain

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 11/05/2020 09:00
- Sprint race time: 11/05/2020 13:00
- Main race time: 11/05/2020 14:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Starting order main race:
Normally we all start in the position we have qualified in. But since we have a starting order that is based on the top half from the the sprint race, we need to place ourselves correctly during the formation lap. When the lights go out, everybody starts to move slowly around 10mph (16kph). Remember to stay as far to the left or right on the track to make it easier for cars to pass. Remember your starting position (obviously) but also who is in the position right in front of you.
● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:
- @Tony Tacos
- @F4H MaR4uDer

Uninformed No Shows:
- @atlasgehirn424 [x1]

Last edited:
Reactions: MadHaze_01

Tony Tacos

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 27, 2020
Hello guys,

I'm sorry to announce that due to unexpected out of town business, I won't be able to attend tomorrow's race :/

@WMDRMartin I'm guessing you were the one speaking french last time so if you can help Gerval this time around if there is any unexpected annoucement that'd be cool, thanks a lot =)

King-kodiak

Loud, Round & Proud
AOR Commentator
May 10, 2016
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING people, either practice safe rejoins or don't fall off the road. This isn't a reference to troubles from last week in this area, but rejoins are going to be a HUGE factor in this race, especially the feature race.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Ok, I got a penalty... how can I contest that?
What exactly do you mean? Like protest against the penalty? In that case, you can't. The enquiry has been closed and the outcome by the stewards are always final.

Tiagus

Pro Karter
Jan 30, 2020
What exactly do you mean? Like protest against the penalty? In that case, you can't. The enquiry has been closed and the outcome by the stewards are always final.

How can the stewards say that I didn't brake when I had that horrible spin???? That lead me to that penalty???? That is just unfair!!!

WMDRMartin

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 31, 2017
Hello guys,

I'm sorry to announce that due to unexpected out of town business, I won't be able to attend tomorrow's race :/

@WMDRMartin I'm guessing you were the one speaking french last time so if you can help Gerval this time around if there is any unexpected annoucement that'd be cool, thanks a lot =)
Oh gosh, my French isn't all that good mate xD
I only know the basics :cry:

Since it's pretty much the same as last time I'll try to tell him "C'est le même procedure que la dernière semaine, mais faites attention a la pluie pendant la deuxième race."

King-kodiak

Loud, Round & Proud
AOR Commentator
May 10, 2016
How can the stewards say that I didn't brake when I had that horrible spin???? That lead me to that penalty???? That is just unfair!!!
Having been a steward in the past, I can tell you that when a judgement is made, it has to have a majority of at least 4, so more people felt that you could have done something to avoid the incident then those that felt there was nothing you could have done. I can understand that you feel its unfair that you had the penalty, and its quite common for those that have the penalty to feel that way, but the stewards panel is made up of about 7 different people, so the footage is analysed by quite a few different people, and the points on both sides are discussed.

I can tell you that our enquiry took quite alot of discussion due to the amount of time it took for a verdict to be announced, so it wasn't a straight forward issue. I personally felt that had you not have steered back towards the racing line, I would have been able to get past you without incident. I could also have slowed down rather then staying on the gas into your tyre smoke, but I saw your headlights facing me on the left, I never expected you to steer back towards the racing line whilst still rolling backwards. It all happened so fast, so its easy for me to say all that now.

All I can say is learn from the mistake and move on. From the testing I did on Sakitto Sprint tonight, making a mistake with the rejoin is going to be deadly, particularly in the feature race.

Mr zak

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 4, 2019
Hello guys,

It was me the french guy on discord. I will take care if there’s any something to tell .tkt ;)

Reactions: WMDRMartin

Tiagus

Pro Karter
Jan 30, 2020
Having been a steward in the past, I can tell you that when a judgement is made, it has to have a majority of at least 4, so more people felt that you could have done something to avoid the incident then those that felt there was nothing you could have done. I can understand that you feel its unfair that you had the penalty, and its quite common for those that have the penalty to feel that way, but the stewards panel is made up of about 7 different people, so the footage is analysed by quite a few different people, and the points on both sides are discussed.

I can tell you that our enquiry took quite alot of discussion due to the amount of time it took for a verdict to be announced, so it wasn't a straight forward issue. I personally felt that had you not have steered back towards the racing line, I would have been able to get past you without incident. I could also have slowed down rather then staying on the gas into your tyre smoke, but I saw your headlights facing me on the left, I never expected you to steer back towards the racing line whilst still rolling backwards. It all happened so fast, so its easy for me to say all that now.

All I can say is learn from the mistake and move on. From the testing I did on Sakitto Sprint tonight, making a mistake with the rejoin is going to be deadly, particularly in the feature race.

Look King, you were the one affected, for me it was already a suprise to see that you report me. I'm playing online car games since Grand Prix Legends, back in 1999 or so. I was a marshall in a real world car competition. I can differentiate a normal ACCIDENT, thats why it is called accident and something worst. You can keep your moral statements for yourself.