PC - AOR Clio Cup - PC Tier 1 - Round 2: Sakitto Sprint - 12.02.20 @8PM UK TIME | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR Clio Cup - PC Tier 1 - Round 2: Sakitto Sprint - 12.02.20 @8PM UK TIME

Mr zak

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 4, 2019
Look King, you were the one affected, for me it was already a suprise to see that you report me. I'm playing online car games since Grand Prix Legends, back in 1999 or so. I was a marshall in a real world car competition. I can differentiate a normal ACCIDENT, thats why it is called accident and something worst. You can keep your moral statements for yourself.
I dont know if have the right to comment your incident , but i watched the replay, and to be honest When you lost your rear we dont see anybrake light trying to stop the car and even when the car were going backward .
In my opinion if you would brake in that time (before the car start backwarding) the car would stop and stood on the other lane of track . Accept it or not this my POV.
Ps: you don’t have to talk agressivly to @King-kodiak -_-

King-kodiak

Loud, Round & Proud
AOR Commentator
May 10, 2016
Look King, you were the one affected, for me it was already a suprise to see that you report me. I'm playing online car games since Grand Prix Legends, back in 1999 or so. I was a marshall in a real world car competition. I can differentiate a normal ACCIDENT, thats why it is called accident and something worst. You can keep your moral statements for yourself.
I am simply trying to explain how things work here having been in the stewards panel. DM me if you wish to discuss further

Fatworm

Formula Karter
Jan 28, 2020
Hi All, really looking forward to the 2nd race tonight - hopefully I've learnt the lessons from my first race. Could anyone point me in the right direction for editing the saved race. I apologise for being a dinosaur it only took me 30 mins to find out where the stored race is found in Windows 10! What program would I need to load it in to etc? Many thanks - Fatworm.

Reactions: MadHaze_01

Tony Tacos

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 27, 2020
@WMDRMartin Alright then I guess you're off the hook :p I had to guess since I don't know the voices of people yet and you're belgium so it made sense ^^

@Mr zak Thank you mate =) Gerval already knows the regular rules, he might just need pointers as to when to join the server or if there is special rules ( like how the rolling start of last race was modified and so on )

Thanks again and good luck everyone for the race =) I'll be watching you <3

Reactions: WMDRMartin

WMDRMartin

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 31, 2017
Hi All, really looking forward to the 2nd race tonight - hopefully I've learnt the lessons from my first race. Could anyone point me in the right direction for editing the saved race. I apologise for being a dinosaur it only took me 30 mins to find out where the stored race is found in Windows 10! What program would I need to load it in to etc? Many thanks - Fatworm.
You can view the replays in game, if you want to use that footage online, you'll have to install some recording software and turn that on while playing the replay

Fatworm

Formula Karter
Jan 28, 2020
You can view the replays in game, if you want to use that footage online, you'll have to install some recording software and turn that on while playing the replay
HI Thanks for that, can you suggest what software would be good and easy to use? Many thanks.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
HI Thanks for that, can you suggest what software would be good and easy to use? Many thanks.
I use NVIDIA ShadowPlay, but that requires you to have an NVIDIA graphics card of course. That's literally as plug-and-play as it gets. You open an overlay in-game and press record, close the overlay and do your thing, when you're done you open the overlay and press stop recording. It'll save the video file to your folder of choice :)

Reactions: MadHaze_01

Campo675

PC S1 Touring Cars Pro Champion
Sep 29, 2017
I would love to get help with this!!! As this is the second season I’ll have to drop out because of discord. If I race online, regardless of how many cars on the grid I have no frame drops. The minute I race in AOR with discord, this happens

mpc-v1

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
Oct 20, 2015
Drive in straight line and get punted into the wall. If your off the track give the damm place up.

WMDRMartin

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 31, 2017
That was horrible for me, got punted off in race 1, which caused me to start at the back again due to this half reverse grid system :/

The second race went much better, partly due to the surprise pit stop, but then I got damage as @Mr zak slammed on his brakes to take his pitstop, without notifying me, as I was like 2 meters behind him.
The damage allowed @Smolda to catch up (good drive btw) and then a bs illegal overtake saw him pass me for P8. I regained P8 at the finish line, only to get a bs 1 second penalty coming out of the last corner, costing me P8 AND P9 :/

The second race may have been better but I got screwed multiple times in both, not enjoyable at all

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
That was horrible for me, got punted off in race 1, which caused me to start at the back again due to this half reverse grid system :/
What exactly is it that you don't like about it? It'd be nice to have some feedback to evaluate if we want to do something with this format for the next GT3 season :)
The whole point of it being only half reverse grid is that the pace difference from P1 to P16 should be smaller than the difference between P1 and P32. We've seen some horrible stuff in the past with full reversed grids and our drivers have mostly blamed the big pace difference between the "slow" drivers in the front and fast drivers in the back. So that's what we're trying to at least reduce with the half reversed grid

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
I would love to get help with this!!! As this is the second season I’ll have to drop out because of discord. If I race online, regardless of how many cars on the grid I have no frame drops. The minute I race in AOR with discord, this happens
As we mentioned during the race, try maybe running Discord in the browser version?

WMDRMartin

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 31, 2017
What exactly is it that you don't like about it? It'd be nice to have some feedback to evaluate if we want to do something with this format for the next GT3 season :)
The whole point of it being only half reverse grid is that the pace difference from P1 to P16 should be smaller than the difference between P1 and P32. We've seen some horrible stuff in the past with full reversed grids and our drivers have mostly blamed the big pace difference between the "slow" drivers in the front and fast drivers in the back. So that's what we're trying to at least reduce with the half reversed grid
The thing with reversing half the grid, is that when some of the fast guys have a horrible first race, they're usually able to climb their way back up a few positions, but never up to P16, usually more towards the higher tens or low twenties. The slow guys who didn't crash will still be ahead, enabling them to start up front either way.

My suggestion is that if we're looking at pace difference to determine how much of the grid gets reversed, we could reverse all of the non-lapped cars.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
The thing with reversing half the grid, is that when some of the fast guys have a horrible first race, they're usually able to climb their way back up a few positions, but never up to P16, usually more towards the higher tens or low twenties. The slow guys who didn't crash will still be ahead, enabling them to start up front either way.

My suggestion is that if we're looking at pace difference to determine how much of the grid gets reversed, we could reverse all of the non-lapped cars.
Not sure why it's a problem that the slow guys start in front of fast guys? That's the whole point of reversed grid. It's meant to mix up the championship so the guys further down have a chance at a good result. It's not bulletproof no, but imo it creates less chaos than the full reversed grid does.

If we were to do it based on lapped cars, what if a fast guy has such a bad race that he ends up being lapped? Then he doesn't get reversed either. That's then also unfair. It's also very track dependant. For longer tracks there might not even be any overlapping and the whole grid will be reversed either way

Mr zak

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 4, 2019
@WMDRMartin

The second race went much better, partly due to the surprise pit stop, but then I got damage as @Mr zak slammed on his brakes to take his pitstop, without notifying me, as I was like 2 meters behind him.
The damage allowed @Smolda to catch up (good drive btw) and then a bs illegal overtake saw him pass me for P8. I regained P8 at the finish line, only to get a bs 1 second penalty coming out of the last corner, costing me P8 AND P9 :/

The second race may have been better but I got screwed multiple times in both, not enjoyable at all
@WMDRMartin you were 2 metre behind i think even if i told you that go in ,it would be hard to react too. so what should i do.? doing one more lap and cancel pit stop with FEW litres?
anyway it was not done by purpose to block you or something, its an incident that i need to care about next time

Last edited:

WMDRMartin

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 31, 2017
@WMDRMartin

@WMDRMartin you were 2 metre behind i think even if i told you that go in ,it would be hard to react too. so what should i do.? doing one more lap and cancel pit stop with FEW litres?
anyway it was not done by purpose.
I know ya don't have bad intentions mate, but what did you think would happen if you slammed on the brakes in the middle of a corner with someone 2m behind you?
In the future you should say it over discord maybe a corner or two before you actually pit (I heard some of the leaders do that as well) so we can avoid incidents such as that one

Mr zak

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 4, 2019
I know ya don't have bad intentions mate, but what did you think would happen if you slammed on the brakes in the middle of a corner with someone 2m behind you?
In the future you should say it over discord maybe a corner or two before you actually pit (I heard some of the leaders do that as well) so we can avoid incidents such as that one
yes agree with you , i'll care next time.

WMDRMartin

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 31, 2017
Not sure why it's a problem that the slow guys start in front of fast guys? That's the whole point of reversed grid.
Exactly, but with the current format it's slow guys - really fast guys - moderately fast guys - slow guys
Which for the moderately fast guys, ruins their chances of getting a top 5 finish at all. The second race no longer works as redemption for the first one as you're stripped of the opportunity to make up for it, while the slow guy who (probably) for their standards already had a pretty good race, gets a massive boost for the next one.

As for your questions on the lapped-car system format; yeah, the moderately fast guy can still get screwed by the system if he gets lapped, however, it would take much more for that to happen than a little bit of bad luck in the first race, making it a better format in my opinion. (as more often than not, they'll still get a chance, unlike with the current system)
As for the circuit length question, with there only being 4 tracks on this calendar, and with them all being very short, it will be pretty much impossible for nobody to get lapped.
Circuit variation may play a role in championships with bigger track differences, but not in the Clio Cup