PC - AOR Clio Cup - PC Tier 1 - Round 3: Rouen Les Essarts Short - 19.02.20 @8PM UK TIME | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR Clio Cup - PC Tier 1 - Round 3: Rouen Les Essarts Short - 19.02.20 @8PM UK TIME

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016

ROUND 3 - Rouen Les Essarts Short

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday February 19 2020
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Sprint race: 20 minutes race with an standing start.
- Main race: 40 minutes.
PC: Starting order top 16 reversed from sprint race and all remaining drivers from P17 downwards in combination with the manual AOR Rolling Start.
Consoles: Starting order top 8 reversed from sprint race and all remaining drivers from P9 downwards in combination with the manual AOR Rolling Start.

● Weather Conditions (Sync to Race):
- Qualifying:
Clear
- Sprint race:
Heavy Cloud
- Main race:
Hazy
Medium Cloud

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 27/08/2020 15:00
- Sprint race time: 27/08/2020 16:00
- Main race time: 27/08/2020 23:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Starting order main race:
Normally we all start in the position we have qualified in. But since we have a starting order that is based on the top half from the the sprint race, we need to place ourselves correctly during the formation lap. When the lights go out, everybody starts to move slowly around 10mph (16kph). Remember to stay as far to the left or right on the track to make it easier for cars to pass. Remember your starting position (obviously) but also who is in the position right in front of you.
● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:
- @Tony Clifton
- @psycho
- @tomkell29
- @Mr zak

Uninformed No Shows:
- @Col.McCoy [x1]
- @frubo [x1]
- @Nila [x1]

Last edited:

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Reserves allowed to race:

Since Rouen Les Essarts Short only has 26 pit boxes, no reserves are allowed to race this round unless a main driver informs us that he can't race

JackGame88

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Apr 15, 2019
Geez, who's idea was this track? @Asturbo TT of 2:06 is one thing (I'm 4 seconds slower) but the kerbs are killing me, I struggle to have 2 consecutive laps without a major crash. The first sector on this track is just scary in little clio; and then the second race in the dark :eek:

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Geez, who's idea was this track? @Asturbo TT of 2:06 is one thing (I'm 4 seconds slower) but the kerbs are killing me, I struggle to have 2 consecutive laps without a major crash. The first sector on this track is just scary in little clio; and then the second race in the dark :eek:
Well it was a collective decision from the whole team to do it, but I'd be glad to admit that I was the one who suggested it :p
It's a curveball alright, and it can easily kill you if you haven't got the hang of it. But in the grand scheme of things the track is honestly not that complex, it is just very high speed, narrow and bumpy. Imo it's no different from Nordschleife, and not one complains when we do that in the GT3 league ;)

Reactions: EikeSky

Asturbo

AOR PC Winter Champion 2020 & PC Clio Cup Champion
Jun 9, 2019
@Asturbo TT of 2:06 is one thing (I'm 4 seconds slower) but the kerbs are killing me, I struggle to have 2 consecutive laps without a major crash.
If you feel better, it happens to me too. ;)
The curbs are very dangerous, the track is too narrow, and if you have any incident, you‘ll rebound to the track. If that would’t be enough, second race is in night and hazy conditions.
So everything can happen...

Last edited:

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
If you feel better, it happens to me too. ;)
The curbs are very dangerous, the track is too narrow, and if you have any incident, you‘ll rebound to the track. If that would’t be enough, second race is in night and hazy conditions.
So everything can happen...
This track is on literal country roads. It's supposed to be that way. Of course the curbs are high as they also are on any other piece of public road. Do you take the curbs in your street car? So probably best to stay away from them here as well :p

If you can manage to keep it on the black stuff and be fairly consistent on this track you're almost guaranteed a good result

Asturbo

AOR PC Winter Champion 2020 & PC Clio Cup Champion
Jun 9, 2019
Yeah, I know. That's why it's going to be specially dificult.

Fingers crossed.

Mr zak

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Oct 4, 2019
hi i cannnot do this race, i dont want to punish everybody with a crash . i did a lot of practicing on it and unfortunately cant do 1 full lap without a major crash.
i dont know what wrong with this clio, cant stay on track on that long curbs, so i imagine my self with 24 people around me how the disaster will be !! so i ll be a spectator on this to avoid ruin the others race ( for sure )

ATOMiK029

Pro Karter
Jan 30, 2020
@Mr zak just keep practicing. The first sector is the hardest part. After that, the rest of the track is pretty straightforward with only 3 or 4 corners that you need to brake for.

I know how you feel though, as when I started practicing this track I absolutely hated it, but I'm getting used to it now.

Hang on in there buddy. You'll be fine :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Mr zak

Mr zak

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Oct 4, 2019
@Mr zak just keep practicing. The first sector is the hardest part. After that, the rest of the track is pretty straightforward with only 3 or 4 corners that you need to brake for.

I know how you feel though, as when I started practicing this track I absolutely hated it, but I'm getting used to it now.

Hang on in there buddy. You'll be fine :)
thx my friend but the race is tomorow and still until now cant do 1 good lap . so its done for me ( little pissed off x) )

• Sad
Reactions: ATOMiK029

ATOMiK029

Pro Karter
Jan 30, 2020
Will be a real shame to lose you, but it's your decision.

I've enjoyed racing against you in the last couple of rounds though. Been pretty close at times!

Next round is Monza, so hopefully you can come back stronger and get a great result there :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Mr zak

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
thx my friend but the race is tomorow and still until now cant do 1 good lap . so its done for me ( little pissed off x) )
Tbh I tend to agree with @tomkell29. Practice makes perfect. It is indeed the first sector that is the worst because it is so high speed and you cannot avoid drifting. It might help you if I explain how I do the first sector.
First corner is flat out which you have probably found out already. Then probably the trickiest part of the track is turn 2. You gotta be really comitted to make it stick. One short tap on the brakes just before you turn in then immediately on the throttle again. The car WILL slide put keep your foot down and only countersteer as much as you have to. Steering inputs have to be really relaxed. No jerky movements or the car will spin. Then next corner is flat out as well. Again even if the car starts to slide keep you foot in and countersteer as needed. For the left hander into the hairpin you wanna brake before you start turning. Then let the car roll into the braking zone of the hairpin while applying a bit of throttle to keep the car stable. You wanna brake in as straight a line as possible. Also better to brake too early than too late for the hairpin as you can lose a lot of time by running wide.

The trick here is to keep the throttle down all the way through, even when braking. It stabilises the rear. The problem is that for a guy who primarily drives RWD cars it's very counterintuitive. But keep at it mate. If you're still not comortable with it by the race tomorrow then fair enough. But keep trying as long as you can :)

Mr zak

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Oct 4, 2019
Tbh I tend to agree with @tomkell29. Practice makes perfect. It is indeed the first sector that is the worst because it is so high speed and you cannot avoid drifting. It might help you if I explain how I do the first sector.
First corner is flat out which you have probably found out already. Then probably the trickiest part of the track is turn 2. You gotta be really comitted to make it stick. One short tap on the brakes just before you turn in then immediately on the throttle again. The car WILL slide put keep your foot down and only countersteer as much as you have to. Steering inputs have to be really relaxed. No jerky movements or the car will spin. Then next corner is flat out as well. Again even if the car starts to slide keep you foot in and countersteer as needed. For the left hander into the hairpin you wanna brake before you start turning. Then let the car roll into the braking zone of the hairpin while applying a bit of throttle to keep the car stable. You wanna brake in as straight a line as possible. Also better to brake too early than too late for the hairpin as you can lose a lot of time by running wide.

The trick here is to keep the throttle down all the way through, even when braking. It stabilises the rear. The problem is that for a guy who primarily drives RWD cars it's very counterintuitive. But keep at it mate. If you're still not comortable with it by the race tomorrow then fair enough. But keep trying as long as you can :)
Thx mate for your help. I tried a lot but always loose the rear and it’s stressful. Am sure it will be very hard to midfield cars to pass the T1 T2 without collisions (hope not) and scary thing is the main race will be at nighttime so yeah i prefere keep you safe from me lol
.i never enjoyed this track even with a Gt3 . I skip to mônza but i ll be spectating you guys.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Thx mate for your help. I tried a lot but always loose the rear and it’s stressful. Am sure it will be very hard to midfield cars to pass the T1 T2 without collisions (hope not) and scary thing is the main race will be at nighttime so yeah i prefere keep you safe from me lol
.i never enjoyed this track even with a Gt3 . I skip to mônza but i ll be spectating you guys.
Keep trying. I you still don't want to race later today, send me a PM :)