PC - AOR Clio Cup - PC Tier 1 - Round 3: Rouen Les Essarts Short - 19.02.20 @8PM UK TIME | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR Clio Cup - PC Tier 1 - Round 3: Rouen Les Essarts Short - 19.02.20 @8PM UK TIME

jogurc

Pro Karter
Jan 4, 2020
Don't want to come off as rude, but i kind of need to know if you will drive tonight right now @souljasicko because i haven't practiced at all so don't wanna enter the race unprepared or waste my time practicing for it all to be nothing...

JackGame88

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 15, 2019
I guess the best strategy would be either being ahead of everyone, or few turns behind everyone. Anyone in the middle will potentially end up with some nasty damage

Fatworm

Pro Karter
Jan 28, 2020
Gentlemen (or ladies)!

I know I'm new to this but when we all agreed to race we also agreed to the terms and conditions of participation. Some people put a lot of work ensuring that we have a time and place to race and I feel that we could be disrespecting them by not participating for really valid reasons.

see below for what we agreed to.

So buckle up, man up or woman up, and get on with it!

● When informing the Coordinator of your absence, a proper reason must be given for why you can't attend. No-showing a race because you don't like the track, because you "can't be bothered", or other similar reasons are not accepted and you position in the league will be put under review immediately. You be allowed 3 informed absences per season, if you reach 3 then you will have a conversation with your coordinator about your participation in the league. If your social life/work/school is taking up more time than you anticipated then we may consider a reserve role for you. Ultimately we can also decide that it's best if you withdraw from the league completely. Drivers are required to regularly race on race day as part of the sign-up process.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Don't want to come off as rude, but i kind of need to know if you will drive tonight right now @souljasicko because i haven't practiced at all so don't wanna enter the race unprepared or waste my time practicing for it all to be nothing...
That's why even as a reserve it's a good idea to practice for every track as you might get a spot if enough drivers are absent :)
Gentlemen (or ladies)!

I know I'm new to this but when we all agreed to race we also agreed to the terms and conditions of participation. Some people put a lot of work ensuring that we have a time and place to race and I feel that we could be disrespecting them by not participating for really valid reasons.

see below for what we agreed to.

So buckle up, man up or woman up, and get on with it!

● When informing the Coordinator of your absence, a proper reason must be given for why you can't attend. No-showing a race because you don't like the track, because you "can't be bothered", or other similar reasons are not accepted and you position in the league will be put under review immediately. You be allowed 3 informed absences per season, if you reach 3 then you will have a conversation with your coordinator about your participation in the league. If your social life/work/school is taking up more time than you anticipated then we may consider a reserve role for you. Ultimately we can also decide that it's best if you withdraw from the league completely. Drivers are required to regularly race on race day as part of the sign-up process.
This entirely. Look gents, it'll be the same for everyone. If all you ever do is think that there will be a massive crash, then that's most likely what will happen. But if everyone just drive with a tiny bit of common sense we will be fine. I'm not really sure what you guys mean when you call this track "insane". It's highly similar with the Nordschleife and we very rarely have any crashes there when we race. It's just a matter of learning the track and doing your part to be careful in the race. Remember just like with Nords, on a track like this it isn't necessarily the fastest driver who will win but the one who can manage to drive the car home in one piece as well. To finish first, first you have to finish.

Col.McCoy

F1 Triple Champion
May 26, 2016
Sorry guys, gotta cancel for tonight. Too much racing and my brake sensor is clogged up again.
Next week I'm afraid I have to go to the Netherlands and will be missing that one as well.... :-(
And that after the lucky but nice win from last week ;-(

Campo675

PC S1 Touring Cars Pro Champion
Sep 29, 2017
FFS, so discord is now my no. 1 enemy! After switching to the web discord instead of the app. I can join the group, I’m hearing all the chimes but for some reason every one is muted for me. Jeez, am I really the only one having problems with discord? I know I’m new to discord but what the heck

WMDRMartin

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 31, 2017
FFS, so discord is now my no. 1 enemy! After switching to the web discord instead of the app. I can join the group, I’m hearing all the chimes but for some reason every one is muted for me. Jeez, am I really the only one having problems with discord? I know I’m new to discord but what the heck
Try the mobile app?:unsure:

mpc-v1

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
Oct 20, 2015
Well that was more fun than expected. Will be putting up a couple of incidents to the stewards but not looking for people to get penalty's just wanting better awareness.

WMDRMartin

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 31, 2017
Finally a first race where I don't get killed!

The second race was another story though, @gerval pushed a hay bale straight onto the track right into my car. I drove the whole race with 24 engine damage and 24 front aero damage. Did multiple pirouettes throughout the race without gaining any more damage (miraculously), followed by @Yorkie065 and someone else trying to overtake me and both spinning out as they got past.
Towards the end I had a cracking fight wih @Royalt which came to a climax when @KRAB tried to unlap himself, causing us to go THREE WIDE on the start/finish straight. Needless to say another massive crash ensued and I now had 40 front aero damage for the last 2 laps. More good fighting with @Royalt followed, until I had a damn lagspike in the final corner of the final lap, costing me two positions, one of which I got back as the guy who passed @Royalt and I had a 1s penalty and finished 0.02s behind me.

But hey, Monza doesn't have hay bales so let's see how that goes