PC - AOR Clio Cup - PC Tier 1 - Round 3: Rouen Les Essarts Short - 19.02.20 @8PM UK TIME | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR Clio Cup - PC Tier 1 - Round 3: Rouen Les Essarts Short - 19.02.20 @8PM UK TIME

JackGame88

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 15, 2019
Thanks everyone for the two races, they were far better than I expected, definitely less crashes than anticipated initially!

Also much more passes than I thought was possible on this track and a lot of clean racing too. Thankfully I had no major incidents, hence my result that exceeded my expectations by far.

Saying that, my heart was pounding throughout both races due to very little margin for any mistake and very close battles, evidence below :)

Attachments

Asturbo

AOR PC Winter Champion 2020 & PC Clio Cup Champion
Jun 9, 2019
I like too much this track, because the driver has many places to show his abilities. It's risky and fun, and finally was not as terrible as people expected. I definitely prefer this one to the slipstream lottery of Monza, where are only two turns and probably will be more incidents than today.

First race while fighting with Yorkie, I lost the slipstream of MVO and jogurc, so was all the race 2-3 behind them. In last laps, jogurc probably was penalized and let me pass and then I think he had a problem and lost more time, so I got a 2nd position with no much pain.

I know that the second race would be very slow in initial laps, so I decided to pit at the end of lap 1 to avoid traffic and accidents, and to try to make in my times the whole race even with full tank. That made me avoid the big crash, but I arrived the crashing zone with many cars blocking the track and without lights, so I have to almost to stop to avoid them. That probably cost me the win. I recovered places all the race and I was second 5” behind Smolda after everybody pitted. Could catch him in last lap, but no time to make any overtaking attempt, and don’t want to make silly moves with that 1-2 for the team.

Let’s see the last one where everything can happen...

Last edited:

Mr. Van Ommen

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 4, 2018
@Asturbo your decision to pit was a gamechanger haha, good call man, i never ever thought of that.

Here is the T1 pile-up, I thought I had everything under control. I think it's to weird of a situation to call someone out on "not braking", but yea, its important to keep our eyes open i'd say ;)

I think I had a 2 minute repair and immediately got some fuel.
Was back on the road, and @King-kodiak the gentleman he is was going to let me past.
The curbs however had different plans for us :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hopefully the championship is still open and we can make it an exciting last race!

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
See now, that wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. You guys just wouldn't listen to what I said would you?

Tbh this track produced some of the best racing I've seen in the season. Just because a track might seem tricky at first doesn't necessarily mean we will have a wreckfest. If everyone behaves, like they generally did tonight (I was pleasantly surprised that everyone were very careful on L1 which was really nice to see) we can make it work :)

King-kodiak

Loud, Round & Proud
AOR Commentator
May 10, 2016
Truth be told it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be, but my own stupidity ruined my race and that of Van Ommen as well in the feature race, as well as finishing off your race in the sprint race TPW, both of which I am very very sorry for.

• Friendly
Reactions: WMDRMartin

WMDRMartin

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 31, 2017
@Asturbo your decision to pit was a gamechanger haha, good call man, i never ever thought of that.

Here is the T1 pile-up, I thought I had everything under control. I think it's to weird of a situation to call someone out on "not braking", but yea, its important to keep our eyes open i'd say ;)

I think I had a 2 minute repair and immediately got some fuel.
Was back on the road, and @King-kodiak the gentleman he is was going to let me past.
The curbs however had different plans for us :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hopefully the championship is still open and we can make it an exciting last race!
Lmao I know my car was already a wreck at that point, but how in the world did I escape from that incident unscathed?! Lagspikes be trippin' :ROFLMAO:

Mr. Van Ommen

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 4, 2018
Truth be told it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be, but my own stupidity ruined my race and that of Van Ommen as well in the feature race, as well as finishing off your race in the sprint race TPW, both of which I am very very sorry for.
I just had to laugh it was so unlucky xD, For a millisecond my mind told me we where doing the Wacky Races, as it was almost like you where supposed to take me down :LOL:

• Funny
Reactions: WMDRMartin

Tony Tacos

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 27, 2020
I really liked this race =)

My main goal was to survive both races and I did ^^ I found the track very pleasant once I got some laps done, although I think I should have done a lot more laps to be confident in sector 1 ...

All in all, a great night for me, I even managed to rack up a precious championship point, my first one YEAH haha :p

Thanks to all the drivers for a relatively clean race and to all the organisers for making the race a reality =)

Highlight of my night : me trying to break the slipstream for Ommen on his finish line ( but really I'm sweating my ass off to not get lapped ^^ )

• Agree
Reactions: MadHaze_01

Asturbo

Jun 9, 2019
One of the unexpected things I'm enjoying in this league is the pit stop, even not being planned by coordinators.
It's nice to decide about your pit timing, and have the option to repair and refuel if you get any damage.

Last edited:

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
One of the unexpected things I'm enjoying in this league is the pit stop, even not being planned by coordinators.
It's nice to decide about your pit timing, and have the option to repair and refuel if you get any damage.
I'm glad I don't have to deal with complaining drivers like they do on console :p
I too agree that unexpected things like this makes the league very enjoyable :)

mpc-v1

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
Oct 20, 2015
Ok. Only putting this up as I feel some people need to have better awareness during a race. We all had to make a pitstop last night but the way in which this guy did it could of ended my race. If your coming into the pits then move to the pit entry side of the track and don't brake on the racing line.

mpc-v1

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
Oct 20, 2015
Now time for the backmarkers. This one shows a lapped car hitting a car that has just lapped him then turning into me. Admittedly I should have waited a bit longer to pass him but mid corner he goes wide so I thought he was letting me through only for him to turn in on me.

JackGame88

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 15, 2019
Ok. Only putting this up as I feel some people need to have better awareness during a race. We all had to make a pitstop last night but the way in which this guy did it could of ended my race. If your coming into the pits then move to the pit entry side of the track and don't brake on the racing line.
Nice reflex!

Asturbo

Jun 9, 2019
I pitted in lap 1 to have some clean laps alone, but just at the exit I found some of the cars envolved in the accident. Was terrifing because all of them loosed their lights. I observe now that the guy in front defended too hard with a severe damaged car, but probably he thought I was envolved in the incident and was racing for position. I keep calm and wait for a clear oportunity.

Last edited: