TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016

AOR Project CARS 2 Clio Cup
Tips, Setups and Media Thread

Hello drivers!

Most of us are are in the search for tips, setups or videos of races to improve our race pace.
This is also the place where you can promote your own race highlights or streams.

Any help on tips, setups or video streams is appreciated :)

Asturbo

AOR PC Winter Champion 2020 & PC Clio Cup Champion
Jun 9, 2019
Some comments and tips for if it helps someone (sure most of you know all that):
  • I heard in the lobby commenting about autoclutch. In PC2 is better have it disabled, especially for cars with semiautomatic gearboxes. Autoclutch introduces a lag that makes you shift slower and loose time, that is especially noticeable in acceleration. Even worse there are cars with not clutch pedal (GT3, GTE), that the setup of this parameter affects your shifting times, But there are some disadvantages of disabling it, as that when lowering gears the car is more abrupt, especially with big engines. Other one is that if you block the drive wheels, the revs drop too much so you have to avoid blocking to don’t lose engine momentum (specially with turbo engines). The exception are older cars with H-pattern gearboxes that with autoclutch off you need to use the pedal, because if not gears don’t engage correctly. Anyway the better choice is to program a button to enable/disable autoclutch while driving, I switch on when I spin or have to make a pit stop to avoid stalling.
  • About the Loose/Stable default setup, I don’t see much difference in this combo. Qualy and first race I used loose and after the comments in the lobby used stable for the second one, and went well with both, don’t noticing much difference. But probably we should have to test both befere next events.
  • Other technique that works well with this cars is brake while accelerating. I.E. in the fast chicane I brake very early (while full pressing gas pedal) and then release brakes when you reach the necessary speed to make the turn. This car (because FWD) turns better accelerating than braking, you keep more momentum and you get more speed for next straight. With more power cars or RWD it’s more dangerous.
  • Braking too hard and too deep in the turns, is not a good idea, because you loose directionality and your car goes too down in revs, so overall you loose time in the whole turn. It’s better brake earlier not at full pedal, and accelerate ASAP to keep momentum, that is very importan with underpowered cars.
  • Other thing that works well with these FWD cars is making little moves on the wheel when you have a turn in acceleration (i.e. yesterday's TV3 turn). That helps to push the gas pedal earlier and harder avoiding going wide at the exit of the turn.
  • I also heard that someone got penalty in the qualifying by speeding in box because forgetting activating the limiter. I use a trick that is leaving without program the pit limiter button. Then you have auto-limiter enabled, even when in the lobby is disabled (probably feature for pad users). Obviously if you have to enter to pits you have to adapt your speed manually before entering the pit lane, but you avoid the penalties for accidental speeding exiting the boxes.

Last edited:

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Here it is, to find it in the future go to the Apex Online Racing youtube channel. It'll be uploaded there:

And here are my POVs from the races:

Reactions: Nuno Aparicio