PS4 - AOR Clio Cup - PS4 Tier 1 - Round 4: Autodromo Nazionale Monza Short - 26.02.2020 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR Clio Cup - PS4 Tier 1 - Round 4: Autodromo Nazionale Monza Short - 26.02.2020 @8PM UK Time

Jarryd Vermeulen

AOR PS4 Touring Car T1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017

ROUND 4 - Autodromo Nazionale Monza Short

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday February 26 2020
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Sprint race: 20 minutes race with an standing start.
- Main race: 40 minutes.
PC: Starting order top 16 reversed from sprint race and all remaining drivers from P17 downwards in combination with the manual AOR Rolling Start.
Consoles: Starting order top 8 reversed from sprint race and all remaining drivers from P9 downwards in combination with the manual AOR Rolling Start.

● Weather Conditions (Sync to Race):
- Qualifying:
Heavy Cloud
- Sprint race:
Light Cloud
- Main race:
Hazy

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 29/08/2020 12:00
- Sprint race time: 29/08/2020 13:00
- Main race time: 29/08/2020 14:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Starting order main race:
Normally we all start in the position we have qualified in. But since we have a starting order that is based on the top half from the the sprint race, we need to place ourselves correctly during the formation lap. When the lights go out, everybody starts to move slowly around 10mph (16kph). Remember to stay as far to the left or right on the track to make it easier for cars to pass. Remember your starting position (obviously) but also who is in the position right in front of you.
● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:

Uninformed No Shows:

Reactions: BernoR_21

Jarryd Vermeulen

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
  • Friend
Reactions: The_Kaiser-MSc

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Are these Races being AOR streamed tonight ? If Not I will kindly offer to stream it for you ;)(y)

• Winner

The_Kaiser-MSc

5 Times AOR PS4 Project CARS2 Champion!
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2017
Great! I managed to win the tournament, I'm really happy. Tonight was a special evening, a track that favored the trail rather than the driving technique.

Race 1 was beautiful with a nice three drivers, at a certain point I made a mistake with @mcwolfman and I had damages but luckily he wanted me to be in the slipstream and thanks to the @Jarryd Vermeulen contact @mcwolfman I won.

Race 2 I was in full swing of @Jarryd Vermeulen, at some point our showdown was about to begin but unfortunately some guys, a little aggressive in the melee, made us spin with damage and we ended up P5 and P7.

Perhaps the most beautiful and fun evening of the tournament, many overtaking and adrenaline but also a little too aggressive therefore a little more attention would be needed.

Thanks to all the drivers who participated in the tournament, thanks to our staff who organized and made this tournament wonderful.
Finally thanks to my super teammate @Jarryd Vermeulen who as always is the most fantastic man in this forum. I hope to return to battle soon with you and soon I will come to you to offer you a coffee :p . You are the best my friend, thanks for everything.

Jarryd Vermeulen

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
@The_Kaiser-MSc well done on your championship. Great season my friend. Was a pleasure racing with you again. That is 2 1 you lead on our championship battle. :p
Guess we have to enter another league together I say!!!

Team Champions once again. Super happy to have won another championship not only with my biggest rival but a good friend.

Appreciate the kinds words.
Until we meet again my friend I bid you a fond farewell and see you soon.

• Friendly

Chechum

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 13, 2018
Sadly, yesterday was the last GP day of this Clio Cup, which I enjoyed a lot because the car was a bit special, crossing it during some turns. I prefer championships like this, with fixed setup, same car for everybody. And of course, racing in tier 1 with the best drivers has been a lesson, the level was even better than expected for me. Being the last or almost in qualies, in races I've been able to battle up to 8th or so many times. But I've had a few stupid mistakes too (like defending the 1st place against one of the fastest drivers in Les Essarts costing me a knock over and yesterday forgetting the drivers who surrounded me in the grid, which made me search the chat and getting back too late on the grid, that's why I started the last instead of 3rd). I also experimented a likely bug on Les Essarts when I crashed against straw which destroyed my car and the lights, with a potential 6-7th position.
I specially enjoyed Les Essarts, fantastic track.
The only track I haven't enjoyed has been Monza short, not curves enough. Anyway, races were funny.
Congratulations to all of you, most of you are too,too fast so far for me but I would be very glad if I could repeat in tier 1 someday.

Leck3000

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 11, 2019
Can Anyone explain what the back markers were doing in both races? Spec mine at the end trying to fight for a win?
You were holding me up and i was trying to regain some places. I gave you both plenty of space to have your fight but was also looking for a clean opportunity to get the overtake done.

Just because they are a lap down doesn't mean they don't have their own race to race.

JR-Lock-N-Load

GP2 Reserve Driver
Mar 27, 2019
You were holding me up and i was trying to regain some places. I gave you both plenty of space to have your fight but was also looking for a clean opportunity to get the overtake done.

Just because they are a lap down doesn't mean they don't have their own race to race.
Really don't see what you have to gain by trying to overtake us at the finish line? Plenty of space you drove into the side of me

JR-Lock-N-Load

GP2 Reserve Driver
Mar 27, 2019
My stream last night unedited.. Had some fantastic battles just trying to keep it clean.. Please watch the stream if you had any issues with my driving youl see I was driven Into and turned into other while battling... With time to chill and reflect that was a hell of a feature it went right to the finish line unfortunately thats not were the drama stopped but with it all said and done shwanz deserved the DuB you drive really really well hat is off to you.. Thank you again Jazz and AoR for Including me in the filler league hope to be involved with GT3 but not 100% yet