XB1 AOR Clio Cup - XB1 Tier 1 - Main Thread

willyblackhamer

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jul 24, 2018

AOR Project CARS 2 Clio Cup
XB1 Tier 1 Main Thread

This is the main thread for the XB1 Clio Cup Tier 1 - here you can chat about anything with your fellow league drivers!

General Information:
Race Day: Wednesday
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)

Important Links:
League Information
League Rules
Race Calendar

● League Coordinator: @willyblackhamer
● Race Host: @willyblackhamer
● Back-up Host:

Drivers and Teams:

willyblackhamer

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jul 24, 2018
Right lads its pretty clear that people haven't read the rules or at least need to freshen their memory again! I heard in the chat and noticed some things that need to be sorted eg. Flashing lights, moving in the braking zones, bad rejoins etc. Look i don't want to baby everyone but we all signed up to this to get some clean respectful decent racing, which is a hell of a lot of fun when everyone is trying to do the same. Case in point: race 1 was epic between myself @KhaosTheory29 and @Pinecone (kudos on that pass @KhaosTheory29 lol)
And as for the party chat.... I'm all for a bit of craic but if we could please try and keep it to the lobbies before and after the races/quali.

This is not me picking on anyone in particular this message is for everyone

KhaosTheory29

F1 Sponsored Driver
Aug 10, 2015
Right lads its pretty clear that people haven't read the rules or at least need to freshen their memory again! I heard in the chat and noticed some things that need to be sorted eg. Flashing lights, moving in the braking zones, bad rejoins etc. Look i don't want to baby everyone but we all signed up to this to get some clean respectful decent racing, which is a hell of a lot of fun when everyone is trying to do the same. Case in point: race 1 was epic between myself @KhaosTheory29 and @Pinecone (kudos on that pass @KhaosTheory29 lol)
And as for the party chat.... I'm all for a bit of craic but if we could please try and keep it to the lobbies before and after the races/quali.

This is not me picking on anyone in particular this message is for everyone
@willyblackhamer that first race was as good as it gets mate brilliant @Pinecone And yourself drove brilliant

Hydranockz

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Sep 25, 2018
@Arran (and anyone else who might be stuck using wireless): You should consider seeing if powerline adapters would suit your setup. If you're a few rooms over from the modem or if you can't get a lan cable to the xbox, a set of powerline adapters should do the trick. Basically, they use the electrical wiring in the house as if it was as a lan cable so you could have one end plugged in to the wall by your xbox and the other end by the modem and voila, a wired connection! You'd get a decent pair for 30 quid or there abouts. Saved me a load of hassle when I lived in my old house.

Arran

Pro Karter
Jan 20, 2020
@Arran (and anyone else who might be stuck using wireless): You should consider seeing if powerline adapters would suit your setup. If you're a few rooms over from the modem or if you can't get a lan cable to the xbox, a set of powerline adapters should do the trick. Basically, they use the electrical wiring in the house as if it was as a lan cable so you could have one end plugged in to the wall by your xbox and the other end by the modem and voila, a wired connection! You'd get a decent pair for 30 quid or there abouts. Saved me a load of hassle when I lived in my old house.
I’m going to ask my uncle if he could drill some holes into the loft and across into my room so that I can feed an Ethernet through. Hopefully he’ll be able to, but I’ll keep this in mind if not

willyblackhamer

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jul 24, 2018
I’m going to ask my uncle if he could drill some holes into the loft and across into my room so that I can feed an Ethernet through. Hopefully he’ll be able to, but I’ll keep this in mind if not
If u are going to run a cable up the walls and along the ceiling and doorframe etc u will need a large cable! Measure before u buy, I'd suggest 50m cable min..

Arran

Pro Karter
Jan 20, 2020
If u are going to run a cable up the walls and along the ceiling and doorframe etc u will need a large cable! Measure before u buy, I'd suggest 50m cable min..
20m will probably do, there’s only one wall in the way. Hopefully this works!

willyblackhamer

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jul 24, 2018
10m will do, there’s only one wall in the way. Hopefully this works!
Trust me bud I've a cable that goes from my hall to the kitchen, about 4m in a direct line to my rig through one wall and I bought a 30 m cable and just about stretches and no more!!!
Use some string to measure it out then measure the string, I don't want u to waste Ur money having to buy twice!

Arran

Pro Karter
Jan 20, 2020
Trust me bud I've a cable that goes from my hall to the kitchen, about 4m in a direct line to my rig through one wall and I bought a 30 m cable and just about stretches and no more!!!
Use some string to measure it out then measure the string, I don't want u to waste Ur money having to buy twice!
That’s a pretty good strategy with the string! Will do that

willyblackhamer

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jul 24, 2018
That’s a pretty good strategy with the string! Will do that
U will be surprised how much u actually need! Make sure wherever the string goes, that will be your cable so right up to the Xbox port lol and try and give yourself a few metre extra for future, better to have 10m more than u need!! Lol good luck

Reactions: Arran

Arran

Pro Karter
Jan 20, 2020
At this point, I’m strongly considering resigning from the League. My connection with Sky has been utter crap for the last 3 weeks, particularly last week through Storm Ciara. There’s no point in me being registered in the league if I can’t race anyone, let alone make it into the races due to my Wi-Fi issues. I will turn up next week, but with little reason. If allowed to race, I will be taking it very easy.

I wish you all the best in your races and I hope to return properly in the future.
- Arran

Edit:
Just upgraded Wi-Fi, guaranteed minimum is 30Mbps Download and 10Mbps Upload. Look set to race next week, as long as the upgrade kicks in in time

Last edited:
Reactions: DrummerJ92

Arran

Pro Karter
Jan 20, 2020
Can’t wait to see the official season classification, I’ll be stone dead last lol. Thanks for a fun 2 races guys :)

Last edited: