XB1 - AOR Clio Cup - XB1 Tier 1 - Round 3 : Rouen Les Essarts Short - 19.02.20 @8pm UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR Clio Cup - XB1 Tier 1 - Round 3 : Rouen Les Essarts Short - 19.02.20 @8pm UK Time

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

willyblackhamer

F1 Multiple Champion
Jul 24, 2018

ROUND 3 - Rouen Les Essarts Short

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday February 19 2020
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Sprint race: 20 minutes race with an standing start.
- Main race: 40 minutes.
PC: Starting order top 16 reversed from sprint race and all remaining drivers from P17 downwards in combination with the manual AOR Rolling Start.
Consoles: Starting order top 8 reversed from sprint race and all remaining drivers from P9 downwards in combination with the manual AOR Rolling Start.

● Weather Conditions (Sync to Race):
- Qualifying:
Clear
- Sprint race:
Heavy Cloud
- Main race:
Hazy
Medium Cloud

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 27/08/2020 15:00
- Sprint race time: 27/08/2020 16:00
- Main race time: 27/08/2020 23:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Starting order main race:
Normally we all start in the position we have qualified in. But since we have a starting order that is based on the top half from the the sprint race, we need to place ourselves correctly during the formation lap. When the lights go out, everybody starts to move slowly around 10mph (16kph). Remember to stay as far to the left or right on the track to make it easier for cars to pass. Remember your starting position (obviously) but also who is in the position right in front of you.
● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:

Uninformed No Shows:

Reactions: kvlvxn

Hydranockz

Formula 3 1st Driver
Sep 25, 2018
I'm sure those high speed corners won't punish any lapse of concentration in the dark whatsoever :unsure:

Bound2Steel

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 2, 2020
It's not the high speed that worries me it's the high kerbs! Even look at one and.... Death! Lol
For sure...ran a few test races already....if the back wheel catches those curbs its lights out, hang on for dear life and hope you don't end up upside down..lol. I will say this though, It's a really cool track. Rolling through the start finish area at night with it all lit up looks fantastic...then transitioning into pitch black over the first hill.....good stuff. Should be fun!

Hydranockz

Formula 3 1st Driver
Sep 25, 2018
I feel like my consistency is all over the shop. I was able to get through the first few turns just fine yesterday but today I am just crucified on turn two.

Reactions: Germo

Hydranockz

Formula 3 1st Driver
Sep 25, 2018
Some wise words of advice that might carry us through the night race courtesy of our PS4 brethren here.

Edit: Was able to run for 40 mins in the night in a test session with only some minor incidents. Think to myself; "Aww yeah, gonna bag me some points on Wednesday". Load up a race session to match the quali and sprint race and suddenly find myself unable to catch the car, even when at slow speeds off the throttle. The french countryside is cursed!

Last edited:
Reactions: kvlvxn

I IceMIKE I

Formula Karter
Nov 20, 2018
Some wise words of advice that might carry us through the night race courtesy of our PS4 brethren here.

Edit: Was able to run for 40 mins in the night in a test session with only some minor incidents. Think to myself; "Aww yeah, gonna bag me some points on Wednesday". Load up a race session to match the quali and sprint race and suddenly find myself unable to catch the car, even when at slow speeds off the throttle. The french countryside is cursed!
I totally agree with what our PS4 partner says, the other day I tried a few laps and thought about not running because I put a private test and was not able to follow the AI, I have already seen in other circuits that sometimes It's ridiculously good ... but seeing that this is going to be a lottery ... well, we have to run ... Good luck to everyone tonight!

Reactions: Hydranockz

Hydranockz

Formula 3 1st Driver
Sep 25, 2018
@willyblackhamer When you recommended keeping the throttle down when braking, was that just for the high speed corners or for every corner? Approaching that hairpin with even a thought of throttle is filling my head with visions of hay.

Hydranockz

Formula 3 1st Driver
Sep 25, 2018
I'm looking at high 2.11s I'd say. With how I was taking Sector 1, I'm probably losing a few seconds, but by the end of the lap the car is one piece...

Reactions: DrummerJ92

DrummerJ92

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
May 31, 2017
I'm looking at high 2.11s I'd say. With how I was taking Sector 1, I'm probably losing a few seconds, but by the end of the lap the car is one piece...
Hate to say it but based on previous events, after one valid lap, I reckon willy and the other 2 are in the 2:08/7s

willyblackhamer

F1 Multiple Champion
Jul 24, 2018
@willyblackhamer When you recommended keeping the throttle down when braking, was that just for the high speed corners or for every corner? Approaching that hairpin with even a thought of throttle is filling my head with visions of hay.
Generally high speed stuff, if u find u are getting a lot of lift off oversteer then keep the throttle down, it's just a technique to calm the oversteer

• Informative
Reactions: Hydranockz

Pinecone

AOR XB1 Clio Cup Champion
Mar 26, 2018
Night race tonight is gonna be wild. There's legit more grip on the grass than the road. Not even comparable to daytime; one slide and you're gone

KhaosTheory29

F1 1st Driver
Aug 10, 2015
Night race tonight is gonna be wild. There's legit more grip on the grass than the road. Not even comparable to daytime; one slide and you're gone
Cheers for the heads up mate done no practice at all and I forgot about it being at night lol.

kvlvxn

Junior Karter
Jan 31, 2020
Just got trolled by my internet today and I couldn't appear in time for the race, practiced a lot last couple days in this track to be able to compete that's just very unlucky, anyway, sorry guys, hope everyone had a great time racing today