XB1 - AOR Clio Cup - XB1 Tier 1 - Round 4 : Autodromo Nazionale Monza Short - 26.02.20 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR Clio Cup - XB1 Tier 1 - Round 4 : Autodromo Nazionale Monza Short - 26.02.20 @8pm UK time

willyblackhamer

F1 Multiple Champion
Jul 24, 2018

ROUND 4 - Autodromo Nazionale Monza Short

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday February 26 2020
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Sprint race: 20 minutes race with an standing start.
- Main race: 40 minutes.
PC: Starting order top 16 reversed from sprint race and all remaining drivers from P17 downwards in combination with the manual AOR Rolling Start.
Consoles: Starting order top 8 reversed from sprint race and all remaining drivers from P9 downwards in combination with the manual AOR Rolling Start.

● Weather Conditions (Sync to Race):
- Qualifying:
Heavy Cloud
- Sprint race:
Light Cloud
- Main race:
Hazy

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 29/08/2020 12:00
- Sprint race time: 29/08/2020 13:00
- Main race time: 29/08/2020 14:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Starting order main race:
Normally we all start in the position we have qualified in. But since we have a starting order that is based on the top half from the the sprint race, we need to place ourselves correctly during the formation lap. When the lights go out, everybody starts to move slowly around 10mph (16kph). Remember to stay as far to the left or right on the track to make it easier for cars to pass. Remember your starting position (obviously) but also who is in the position right in front of you.
● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:

Uninformed No Shows:

Hydranockz

Formula 3 1st Driver
Sep 25, 2018
Should be a fun one. Simple track layout but easily punishes mistakes. To that end, it's easy to run wide and get a penalty out of turn 3. Parabolica will forever be a difficult corner for me. Particularly in these cars I either carry too much speed in and literally drift wide or else I take it too slow and lose a chunk of time. Something that's occasionally happened me is fishtailing in that first 1-2-3 complex and oversteering into the wall on the left after 2. Only happened once or twice in the 80+ laps I've done in the last week but frustrating every time.

A half tank of fuel in the pits for the feature race should cover you till the end. Braver souls could get away with less I'm sure.

DrummerJ92

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
May 31, 2017
Should be a fun one. Simple track layout but easily punishes mistakes. To that end, it's easy to run wide and get a penalty out of turn 3. Parabolica will forever be a difficult corner for me. Particularly in these cars I either carry too much speed in and literally drift wide or else I take it too slow and lose a chunk of time. Something that's occasionally happened me is fishtailing in that first 1-2-3 complex and oversteering into the wall on the left after 2. Only happened once or twice in the 80+ laps I've done in the last week but frustrating every time.

A half tank of fuel in the pits for the feature race should cover you till the end. Braver souls could get away with less I'm sure.
Na no refuel

I IceMIKE I

Formula Karter
Nov 20, 2018
Good race and very good championship, congratulations to all and thanks to the organization because it has been very good, a shame that it did not last longer because now I had been taking the quiet to the car.

Reactions: Arran

Hydranockz

Formula 3 1st Driver
Sep 25, 2018
Threw together a little highlight reel to capture the rise and fall of my evening.

It was a lot of fun from what I was able to play. No hard feelings @Arran. Serves me right for replacing my "Reset to track" button with my pit limiter.

I was so close to getting that point for fastest lap until we pointed out to @willyblackhamer what my time actually was.

Last edited:

Arran

Formula Karter
Jan 20, 2020
No hard feelings @Arran.
I was so paranoid about that in case I had punted you, but looking back at my replays I didn’t make contact, instead running you wide in my attempt at defending.
Sorry again, hopefully there‘ll be none of that in GT3

Hydranockz

Formula 3 1st Driver
Sep 25, 2018
I was so paranoid about that in case I had punted you, but looking back at my replays I didn’t make contact, instead running you wide in my attempt at defending.
Sorry again, hopefully there‘ll be none of that in GT3
That's if I bother joining haha. Can't quite get used to driving the GT3 cars yet. Only tried two or three so far but all that time in the Clio has made me conditioned to accelerating too early out of corners.

Reactions: Arran