DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
Thumbnail.png

Introduction:
Welcome to the third season of the AOR DiRT 4 Rally League! They will be taking place across all platforms; PS4, XB1 and PC. The season will be five rounds long, with nine stages for each round for both our two tiers.

League Format:
This season we will have one championship, the Modern Championship, which will be divided into two tiers, Rookie and Pro. On top of these there will be a separate weekly event with all sorts of Classic cars to replace the Classic Championship, which truely allow people to experience the best of the classic cars as much as possible.

Rally Format:
As previously stated in the introduction, the season will feature 5 rally events, all of which containing 9 rally stages with varying complexity, length, time and weather settings.

Day/Time:
Every round is opened for a full week (00:00 Monday - 23:30 Sunday) which gives the drivers plenty of time to complete the rallies. The participants are free to complete their stages all throughout the week.

Important Links:
League Information
League Rules
Calendar

Car Choice:
For this season, the Modern Championship drivers have any of the R5 cars to choose, which are the fastest and most modern available.

• Ford Fiesta R5
  • Peugeot 208
  • Mitsubishi Space Star

League Structure:
Due to DiRT 4's new multi-platform clubs feature, each Tier(Pro and Rookie) will have it's own dedicated club. Once the event has finished, the times across all participants in the tier will be added together to produce the rally standings. These standings will also be automatically updated to the forums.

Coordinators:
@SereneLogic (PC) - Pro Tier - Rookie Tier
@Hayden_430 (XB1) - Rookie Tier
@igor55 (PC) - Pro Tier

More details of the each coordinators role can be found in the information thread.

Note: Car Selection will be handled after the Pre-Season and Tier Assignment

Join the Pre-Season Club: https://www.dirt4game.com/clubs/club/146854/aor-pre-season

Do you understand the league regulations: [Answer has to be yes]
Gamertag: [Enter username here]
Nationality: [Enter nationality here]

Signees (46):

Attachments

Last edited:

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
Do you understand the league regulations: Yes
Gamertag: SereneLogic
Nationality: Dutch

SavageSnailx69x

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
Dec 1, 2015
Do you understand the league regulations: yes
Gamertag: Racenet - ThomasWehner87 Gamertag - SavageSnailx69x
Nationality: USA

@SereneLogic are both tiers using the same cars? As it states in the info thread it is mentioned that the rookie tier will be using the NR4/R4 cars but not mentioned in the sign-up thread?

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
Gamertag: Racenet - ThomasWehner87 Gamertag - SavageSnailx69x

@SereneLogic are both tiers using the same cars? As it states in the info thread it is mentioned that the rookie tier will be using the NR4/R4 cars but not mentioned in the sign-up thread?
That's why the Information Thread is linked, Rookie (NR4/R4), Pro (R5).
Since people can't choose cars after they've been assigned it was seen as irrelevant to these sign-ups. :p

igor55

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Aug 7, 2017
Gamertag: igor55
Nationality: belgian

SavageSnailx69x

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
Dec 1, 2015
@SereneLogic is it safe to assume that of the 2 rounds of preseason one will be using R5 cars and the other the NR4/R4 cars? then what ever car you chose from there is what car you use in whichever tier you get placed?

Farewell AOR

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 27, 2017
Do you understand the league regulations: [Yes]
Gamertag: [AORGizmo]
Nationality: [British]

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
@SereneLogic is it safe to assume that of the 2 rounds of preseason one will be using R5 cars and the other the NR4/R4 cars? then what ever car you chose from there is what car you use in whichever tier you get placed?
You are almost correct, pre-season you are free to use all the R5 in 1 round and all of the NR4/R4 in the other. Your selection here has no impact on the car you get to pick after.

After the pre-season is over, we'll post a thread in each of the Tier's Folders with a list of people who made it into that tier, and they'll be able to pick a car in that thread.

Reactions: SavageSnailx69x

xXMARKELiNXx

S18 AOR XB1 F5 Champion
Dec 1, 2016
Gamertag: xXMARKELiNXx
Nationality: Canada
Car: Ford Fiesta

Nommie

Formula Karter
Nov 19, 2016
Gamertag: Norman Bruce
Nationality: Scottish

clively750

Pro Karter
Mar 26, 2018
Gamertag: Happy-G-Lucky
Nationality: Northern Irish

MurphysLawl

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 18, 2017
Gamertag: Xbox - Murphys Laaawl / Racenet - MurphysLawl41

mirk

AOR DiRT 4 Reigning World Rally Champion
Sep 2, 2017
Gamertag: Steam - Mirk / Racenet - mirk1983
Nationality: Swedish

izamusing

AOR PC RallyCross S3 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Jan 14, 2014
Do you understand the league regulations: maybe (yes)
Gamertag: Veloce_Iza
Nationality: British

AddictivePenguin

Pro Karter
Dec 10, 2016
So sadly I won't be participating this Season. The AOR community is great but the game simply doesn't appeal to me enough to competitively race for an entire season. Rally driving remains awesome, just not in Dirt 4. As for the season layout, I personally disagree with the new Tier system. Rallying is a very open motorsport. In real life, as long as you have money, you can basically make a private team and compete in anything you want. You aren't forced to go through the tiers one by one, as for example football/soccer teams. Tiers allow drivers to compete against others with the same amount of budget; not the same amount of skill. That's why you see National Rally Championships having like 50 competitors, some professional some amateurs, divided in classes based on their car specs, not skill. After all, you don't have cars racing side by side so I don't see why someone with lower skill should be locked out of the R5 championship. In my opinion, R4 cars are much harder to drive due to the sudden oversteer or understeer, so if anything, slower players would have less fun and more crashes. Further more, judging someone from 2 events that might not suit their driving style at all, is a less-than-ideal way to judge their skill. The Dirt Rally AOR league used to have a similar license/tier system and that resulted in unlucky bust fast drivers being stuck in Tier 2, even though they had the skill to compete for wins in Tier 1. So all in all, this new system -in my opinion- doesn't improve the league in any way and may even make it worse.

Anyway that's just constructive criticism and I don't mean to kill any hype behind this new season. So with that said, good luck to all drivers participating and hopefully I'll get to race you guys in some other game, preferably rally-oriented ?

Reactions: EpilepticToast

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
So sadly I won't be participating this Season. The AOR community is great but the game simply doesn't appeal to me enough to competitively race for an entire season. Rally driving remains awesome, just not in Dirt 4. As for the season layout, I personally disagree with the new Tier system. Rallying is a very open motorsport. In real life, as long as you have money, you can basically make a private team and compete in anything you want. You aren't forced to go through the tiers one by one, as for example football/soccer teams. Tiers allow drivers to compete against others with the same amount of budget; not the same amount of skill. That's why you see National Rally Championships having like 50 competitors, some professional some amateurs, divided in classes based on their car specs, not skill. After all, you don't have cars racing side by side so I don't see why someone with lower skill should be locked out of the R5 championship. In my opinion, R4 cars are much harder to drive due to the sudden oversteer or understeer, so if anything, slower players would have less fun and more crashes. Further more, judging someone from 2 events that might not suit their driving style at all, is a less-than-ideal way to judge their skill. The Dirt Rally AOR league used to have a similar license/tier system and that resulted in unlucky bust fast drivers being stuck in Tier 2, even though they had the skill to compete for wins in Tier 1. So all in all, this new system -in my opinion- doesn't improve the league in any way and may even make it worse.

Anyway that's just constructive criticism and I don't mean to kill any hype behind this new season. So with that said, good luck to all drivers participating and hopefully I'll get to race you guys in some other game, preferably rally-oriented ?
We're mainly doing this because of the feedback we've had from other drivers, it's very depressing to see you being 10 minutes behind the leader. Hence the chance, the pre-season eliminates the chance being stuck in a lower tier. I understand the feedback though, it's much appreciated. :)

Reactions: EpilepticToast

EpilepticToast

2-Time Reigning DiRT League Champion
Dec 11, 2016
Do you understand the league regulations: Yes I think so
Gamertag: EpilepticToast
Nationality: Canadian

Status
Not open for further replies.