AOR Discord Server

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by FisiFan91, Apr 11, 2017.

1. FisiFan91

FisiFan91 AOR Admin Staff Member AOR Admin

40%
    AOR Discord.png

Hey all!

Those of you who have been racing in AOR leagues on PC will most likely know that we have been using a TeamSpeak server as our official voice communication service during league races and social races on the PC platform. The TS server has been kindly provided by @Beyond for a long time, which we're very grateful for, however as TS isn't a free licence, and also is no longer the best voice chat program for gaming in many people's opinion, the time has now come to make a change!

So, we are pleased to announce the official AOR Discord Server!

This will work as AOR's main voice chat area, particularly for our official leagues running on PC, but it can also be used for general chat between AOR members outside of league races.

How it works:

When joining the server the first time, you will only have access to the "Welcome to AOR" channel. In order to gain access to further channels, you will need to be added to one (or more) of the Racer groups. There's a Racer group for each of the games we have PC leagues on, and after being added to a group you will have access to join the channels relevant to that game. There are also two general chatrooms which users from any Racer group can use for casual bantz.

Note that the league race channels require you to use the push-to-talk feature in order to speak. Therefore it's important that you assign a convenient button for this (in the settings) before jumping in for league races. This is to ensure that we avoid background noise and distractions for the drivers trying to concentrate. In the general social/chat channels however you may use normal voice activation without having to push a button to talk.

How to join the server:

1. Download and install the Discord application from here.

2. Create an account if you don't have one already. You can also link your Steam user to your account for better integration.

3. Click the INVITE LINK. This should open the Discord app and add you into the server. Your account is now permanently granted access to the server, unless you should choose to leave it at some point, or get yourself banned for some reason (don't make us do this plz, thx).

4. You are now part of the "everyone" group with minimal permissions. In order to gain access to further voice channels, you need to request to join one (or more) of the Racer groups. Do this by posting in the #permissionrequest text channel, stating which Racer channels you need access to (basically whichever games you're part of AOR races/events on). A member of the Admin/Mod/Coordinator group will then fulfill your request whenever they're available to do so.

5. Chat away and enjoy the racing!

General Rules of Behaviour:

● We expect you to behave in a mature way on the server. Avoid making insults, speaking rudely, or intentionally trying to annoy others. If you are seen to be an overly disruptive influence in the voice chat, chances are you will be banned from entering the server.

● During league races while cars are on track, chat should be kept to a minimum, as people will be concentrating on their driving. Only important messages or information should be given during this time. Head over to the social channel should you desperately need to chat away with someone.

● If you experience a frustrating moment in a race, please avoid voicing your instant annoyance or anger via the voice chat, as this creates an unpleasant atmosphere and could majorly put other drivers off. Take a breather, calm yourself down and wait until after the race has finished, or do it on the forum.

● Obviously, don't post adult or explicit images or links in the text channels, as there are members on here who are quite young. And don't share any illegal material.

If anyone has issues, questions or suggestions regarding the Discord server, feel free to leave a reply to this thread!

Cheers,
    AOR Staff

• Like Like x 27
    • What? What? x 1
  2. Lukasz

Lukasz Rocket League Coordinator Rocket League Cod

10%
    After being on it for 2 hours, I can already see this going well :)

3. H_pro1

H_pro1 F1 Coordinator Staff Member F1 Coordinator Premium Member

34%
    How can we talk in the split channels?

4. Lukasz

10%
    There's a voice channel for each separate split you can talk to with other players or I believe if you have the 'F1 Racer' role you can text to other members in AOR F1, not sure if that's also split separate like the voice channels as I don't have the access to that

5. H_pro1

34%
    Ok so we cannot talk in chat with only my split, for example if someone doesn't have a mic etc.

6. Lukasz

10%
    If there's only 1 F1 'Text Channel' Room, I believe so. I can't tell exactly, I don't have the F1 Racer role

7. H_pro1

34%
    First time using Discord so sorry if I'm asking stupid questions :D So you can only chat in the groups with a '#'. It would be nice to add for splits this chatting thing so you could discuss easily with people without mic.
    [​IMG]

8. Lukasz

10%
    The text channels you are allowed to enter is based on roles that you have requested and acquired from the moderators/coordinators. Some text channels are not even visible to you, whereas the voice channels that you are not allowed to enter have a lock on them.

9. H_pro1

34%
    Yeah I have a F1 racer role, maybe they can add a personal chat room for each split

10. Lukasz

10%
    I think that's a good idea to add separate roles for your designated F1 Split, therefore there would be independent text channels for each split in AOR. However, yes you can only chat in text with groups with a # on them, that's why they're labelled as text channels.

• Like Like x 1
  11. p n k

p n k Assetto Corsa Coordinator AC Coordinator

11%
    Finally discord! I wanted to message @FisiFan91 or someone else reponsible for that for a long time, can't wait for supreme voice quality. I hope you set all channels to maximum bitrate please I want to enjoy talking with my audiophile setup

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jay

Jay Moderator Staff Member Moderator Premium Member

89%
    How about adding a field to the user profiles for Discord tags? @Administrative :cigar:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. FisiFan91

40%
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dan Hawkins

Dan Hawkins AOR Techie Staff Member AOR Admin

35%
    Like, like, like!

Got a .png copy of the logo/icon anywhere?

15. FisiFan91

40%
    Here
    [​IMG]
    Or if you want a circular thingy, maybe this
    [​IMG]

16. Dan Hawkins

35%
    perfecto!

17. Dan Hawkins

35%
    Added :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Jay

Jay Moderator Staff Member Moderator Premium Member

89%
  19. Thompson

Thompson F1 Coordinator Staff Member F1 Coordinator

45%
  20. Dan Hawkins

35%
    Was the icon I replaced - you have a cached copy of the icon sprite - should update within the next twenty hour hours

• Informative Informative x 1