PC - AOR Endurance - 1000km Silverstone - 23.05.2020 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR Endurance - 1000km Silverstone - 23.05.2020

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
sooo... imagine I have a disconnect while driving and the car gets stalled on the grass. Am I able to go on after I reconnected? From that position or will the car be ported back to the pits?

I mean would be great for a 6 hour race, a disconnect of a few seconds can happen to anybody and is something you could eventually make up on track again.

HaiCo

Moderator & PC F1 League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
REMINDER:

You (the people mentioned under SPOILER) currently are registered as first driver of your team for the endurance event. If you're not supposed to be the first driver of your team, please make sure you request a first driver swap. We would like you to request first driver swaps latest Friday 22nd May 8pm UK time.

(@Fernando Sánchez and @Roebin I couldn't find the username of your first driver, but same goes for you and your team)
150 - @krop
108 - @Mali Baćo
91 - @Alex Leif
555 - @Fizzymon
666 - @MisterJasper
999 - @Erzkbl9
888 - @Biolite80
69 - @isamax
71 - @fxruppert
141 - @A2Z113 (unknown) @Roebin (A2Z113 is first driver)
9 - @Ra7h
22 - @Daniel Morris
52 - @MylesD
196 - @Cluster63
123 - @OJ Racing
488 - @D. Goelz
25 - @blazehomewrecker
312 - @Lusti
247 - @PhoB1a
557 - @Sum1GetInThere
33 - @TicklishPicklewickle
728 - @VoodooChild
456 - @Zwedgin
871 - @Nelz
12 - @Vanders
17 - @Rgm12345
16 - @Rikka
39 - @Jardier
72 - @Valentin Barrier
137 - @Drakqvist
46 - @Alessio Siri
191 - @dbr93 (K. Siclari
192 - @Matteo_Cairoli
193 - @paoloserravalle
27 - @Alessandro Siddi
15 - @Davide Leone
912 - @Karolinis
777 - @HaiCo
514 - @dopey401
66 - @Marco GC-R | TheRipper
73 - @Nesos
331 - @BobtheWarrior
939 - @tfolle99
93 - @Sartormoreno993
36 - @Walter0306
99 - @Dewald Nel
872 - @D. Koeckz
357 - @Xeonski
270 - @Tenaglia21
905 - @Narley
991 - @Niko Sollmann
83 - @Stephen Beswick
111 - @Daniel Waldecker
38 - @(ACR)Mr. Van ommen
80 - @DSP NEOS
70 - @MagicPaul2810
10 - @KrypticTMG
1 - @Kapo
333 - @sitya
64 - @RolandOnTheRopes
125 - @slatan
732 - @ryanrennoir
720 - @Lukas Karl
28 - @Scrumb1e
95 - @s95butters
989 - @Brufro
92 - @Marek
293 - @RT93Axou
444 - @LiboCZ
634 - @Morfar
222 - @JeeetPilot
20 - @Leck3000
969 - @Heroxx
62 - @2SRL Jesse
77 - @Legendacb
42 - @Daniel_42
8 - @F1Broodje
19 - @fläsk
85 - @Ocariz83
916 - @Llama
349 - @Granty
283 - @TommyTheGun
284 - @Decenten
23 - @Mr zak
2 - @Itsnotmyday
88 - @TwinBarrelJay
585 - @Steve_Bonsignore
730 - @lesica1991
101 - @dissident
96 - @mike66187
51 - @Fabio Lamberto
50 - @Danny Hendriks
321 - @Pisani
3 - @Timou
30 - @ALFA
126 - @Helionice
48 - @giacogq
31 - @Cracker_
11 - @Welchy10
753 - @josellamast (unknown) @Fernando Sánchez

krop

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2018
Hello,

The final grids for Saturday's race look as follows:
1590001192039.png

I have updated the entry lists for server #2 and #3 with those final grids - please triple check if you can enter/exit/spectate your car/swap drivers/do pitstops without crashing and inform us if you experience any issues with the game before Saturday's race!

If you still need rearranging the driver entry order, please contact any of our staff members.

Cheers!

Reactions: Dewald Nel

Lukas Karl

Junior Karter
Apr 25, 2020
are there maximum driving times per driver? Or is the first driver able to drive more than the second one for example?

krop

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2018
Hello everyone,

The servers we'll be using tonight will be called:

"ApexOnlineRacing.com #E1 | 1000 KM Silverstone - PRO | discord.gg/ACrk2wG"

and

"ApexOnlineRacing.com #E2 | 1000 KM Silverstone - AM | discord.gg/ACrk2wG"

The password for both of them is "Apex".

HaiCo

Moderator & PC F1 League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
are there maximum driving times per driver? Or is the first driver able to drive more than the second one for example?
As long as every driver drives 1 stint, all is fine.

LMR_Sahara

Junior Karter
Sep 11, 2018
May I please ask why the race director made the call to not allow a virtual safety car to allow the teams to catch up due to start position glitches in Server 2? Dozens of drivers were starting, 1, 2, 3, and in our case 4 laps down

We worked hard weeks for this, qualified P2/48 only to end up starting 4 laps down, dead last. So our race is over. The whole lobby was asking for this and the only response we got was "No, this is a long race." I dont see how a team is supposed to catch up 4 laps within 6 hours in the same class.

This is beyond frustrating with how this was handled by AOR. Deeply gutted for myself and my team.

Last edited:

Welchy10

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 25, 2017
May I please ask why the race director made the call to not allow a virtual safety car to allow the teams to catch up due to start position glitches in Server 2? Dozens of drivers were starting, 1, 2, 3, and in our case 4 laps down

We worked hard weeks for this, qualified P2/48 only to end up starting 4 laps down, dead last. So our race is over. The whole lobby was asking for this and the only response we got was "No, this is a long race." I dont see how a team is supposed to catch up 4 laps within 6 hours in the same class.

This is beyond frustrating with how this was handled by AOR. Deeply gutted for myself and my team.
Yeah i am with you on this. The start was a bit farcical to be honest which was a real shame. I think the reason I was in the pits at the start was because there was so much chatter going on, I forgot to hit drive. For distracted but that's on me. However, given we did 3 laps under fcy conditions, not allowing to catch up was a very strange decision. If you aren't allowing to catch up and get back to starting positions, then why do the slow laps?? Although the #1 Ferrari decided to do it anyway despite being told not to. Unlapped himself and got their starting slot. Thankfully karma have them a little slap and seems their race didn't go smoothly after.

Our pace was on par with the race winner, so despite being P44 and a lap down to finish P12 is an incredible result for us, just leaves us wondering what if. We were flying in the Bentley and the changeable weather made it really enjoyable, trying to work out stint times (in game stint timer was broke), fuel, tyres etc was a huge amount of fun. Probably my strongest ever race, @TheRealestPepito I am sure will say the same as he drove brilliantly too.

I'm curious how you ended up 4 laps down though as we only ended up 1 lap down? Was that due to the amount of time needed to repair ?

I would say though, that having A full server full of people moaning and whining is a thankless task. Aside from the start, I felt the race went well and the stewards did a great job. The number of people who couldn't follow basic instructions for posting the enquiries was quite amusing.

For future races, a drivers briefing would be a great idea, and a refined start procedure for troubled server starts like today. But overall a really positive event and if future events/leagues are formed for endurance, I will be the first to sign up!

Reactions: Rgm12345

LMR_Sahara

Junior Karter
Sep 11, 2018
I'm curious how you ended up 4 laps down though as we only ended up 1 lap down? Was that due to the amount of time needed to repair ?

For future races, a drivers briefing would be a great idea, and a refined start procedure for troubled server starts like today. But overall a really positive event and if future events/leagues are formed for endurance, I will be the first to sign up!
No idea as I wasnt at the start. From what my teammates told me, our team (was supposed to start P2), along with guys who were supposed to start P6 for some reason ended up starting 4 laps back and weren't allowed to unlap themselves with the excuse I mentioned prior. Then a bunch of other teams were 1-3 laps down as well. Since the Race director said we couldn't unlap ourselves regardless of requests from the teams, a few teams just retired right then and there. Believe out of 48 teams only 41 finished. We continued onwards for the sake of it and, as you mentioned, the rest of the race was smooth. Which I'm thankful for.

However, whoever was the AOR individual that made the call to not allow drivers to catch up to the position they qualified in, and basically forced drivers who qualified well to start the race multiple laps behind - basically ended up ruining the race for dozens of drivers who put in hours worth of practice.

My team still ended up learning some lessons that we wouldve ran into regardless, so being positive about it the race wasn't a total waste of time for my team. However I'm sure many other teams feel different, and rightly so.

Reactions: Welchy10