PC - AOR Endurance - 1000km Silverstone - Stewarding guidelines | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR Endurance - 1000km Silverstone - Stewarding guidelines

HaiCo

Moderator & PC F1 League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018

Following weeks of discussion and planning, we're happy to announce that the 1000km of Silverstone will include live stewarding for both servers!

The process will be a bit different compared to the one used in the GT3 league, as the decision making has to be done fast. Neither of both teams will have the opportunity to give their personal opinion on the enquiries, therefore the team posting the enquiry will have to stay factual instead of explaining what - in their opinion - happened.

Make sure that all of your teammates have a functional recording solution before the start of the race!

1. How to post an enquiry during the race
You have 30 minutes after the incident happened, to report it.

To submit an enquiry, you have to first record and upload the evidence. See part 6 and 7 on how to record and upload the evidence. You can watch the replay of the race in the pause menu.

The evidence of your steward enquiry must only show the chase of all cars involved to ensure a seamless process for the stewards. The Gear/Speed HUD must be activated to show the steward the input of the cars. (Example of valid evidence: YouTube link)

If the evidence doesn’t contain only the chase cam of all cars involved or the HUD, the enquiry will be refused.

Afterwards, you need to complete the following Google Forms with the correct information (server number, number of the cars…):
https://forms.gle/7qwcAcYpJS63GJVk9

Once you have submitted the form, a steward will check if the enquiry if valid. If the enquiry is considered valid, a message of one of the coordinators will appear in the In Game chat stating that the enquiry is under investigation (or not, which means you will have to correct and repost the enquiry).

The stewards will then debate and decide on a possible penalty for the enquiry. Once a decision has been made, one of the coordinators will announce the decision in the In Game chat and he will apply the according penalties.

It is highly recommended to disable the popup chat in the HUD section to hide the chat when you’re driving to avoid being disturbed by all the announcement of the stewards. When you are not driving, it is recommended to enable it again.

2. Range of penalties
The range of penalties for an incident is the following:
  • NFA (No Further Action)
  • Warning (see part 2.1)
  • Drive Through
  • Stop & Go 30s (20/10)

2.1 Warnings
If a car/team has already received two warnings from enquiries and is involved in a third incident, the penalty (if the fault is on this car) will be at least a Drive Through. The amount of warnings will not be reset, you have only two warnings during the race before receiving a penalty.

3. What’s penalized by the stewards
  • Contact resulting in significant damage or spin
  • Push off track
  • Massive divebomb
  • Unsafe rejoin
4. What won’t be looked by the stewards
  • Any DT or S&G30 given by the game. If you have to exit the track in case of an incident you have to give back the time gained by cutting the track and, if needed, make a steward enquiry about the incident.
  • A lap not being counted by the game because you exited the track in one of the red zones

If you happen to exit the track in one of these red zone, make sure to rejoin at approximately the same place from where you left the track.

5. Who apply the penalties ?
As the game doesn’t allow us to post anonymously in the In Game chat, the coordinators will be the ones applying the penalties. It will be their responsibility to announce and apply the penalties.

Any imitation of the stewards in the IG chat will result in an instant kick of the responsible car.

6. Record the evidence
You have multiple solutions to record your game. Make sure all your teammates have a way of recording/streaming prepared for the race.

6.1 Windows 10’s Game Bar
To use the Windows 10’s Game Bar it must be activated in the settings of your computer, in the Gaming section.

Then you can open it by pressing Windows+G and you can start the record by using the button on the top left.

Once your evidence is recorded, you can see it on the folder “Videos/Captures” of your computer.

As the result file is relatively big (~50MB for 30s) this method is preferred if you have a strong connection.

6.2 NVIDIA ShadowPlay
This method is to be used if you have a really strong connection, 30 seconds of video will result in a ~180MB file in higher quality, ~60MB in lower quality (prefer OBS if you need to reduce the file size).

To use NVIDIA ShadowPlay, you need to have Geforce Experience installed.(https://www.nvidia.com/fr-fr/geforce/geforce-experience/shadowplay/#download)

Then once in game you can press ALT+F9 to start/stop the recording, the resulting file will be available in “Videos/Assetto Corsa Competizione”.

6.3 AMD ReLive
As we don’t have AMD material to test this method, we can’t say the size of the files but it is to be expected as the same size as NVIDIA ShadowPlay as the solution are similar.

To use this method, you need to use the latest AMD Software (https://www.amd.com/en/support).

You need to activate ReLive on the AMD Software.

Then, once in game, you can use CTRL+SHIFT+R to start/stop the recording, the resulting file will be in the folder “Videos/Radeon ReLive”

6.4 OBS
This method requires more configuration but it will result in the lighter video files (2.5MB for 30s) making it better if you have a slow connection.

Start by downloading the latest version of OBS on their website https://obsproject.com/.

Once the software is installed and started, you need to add a display source. This solution is not optimal on the performance but it is not the focus of this guide, the goal is to make it simple.

Validate the two windows, make sure it is setup to your correct screen.

Then open the settings and go to “Output” and define the “Video Bitrate” on 1000kbps.

Then in the “Video” section, edit “Output (Scaled) Resolution to “852x480” and “Common FPS Values” to “24 NTSC”.

Then you can use the “Start Recording” and “Stop Recording” button to record your evidence. The resulting file will be available in the “Videos” folder of your computer.

7. Upload the evidence
To upload your evidence you have to easy solutions.

7.1 Streamable
This one doesn’t require an account. Go to https://streamable.com/ then select “Upload a video file”. Choose the video file on your computer then copy the link and paste it in the form.

7.2 Youtube
Using Youtube require a Google account. Go to https://www.youtube.com then click on upload button.

Select the video file on your computer.

Then select “No, it’s not made for kids” and copy the link in your clipboard.

Click Next two times then select “Unlisted” then “Save”.

You can then paste the Youtube link in the form.

We wish you all a good race !

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
absolutely brilliant, thanks!

quick question, maybe a bit stupid, I'm rather new to ACC so please don't blame me :O

How are we supposed to deliver chase cam views of both cars? Let's say I raise an inquiry. Theres my onboard view (cockpit cam) which my teammates can see from my twitch stream. Is there a possibility for them to have an "instant replay" of some sort? Or am I missing something? :p

Xeonski

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
absolutely brilliant, thanks!

quick question, maybe a bit stupid, I'm rather new to ACC so please don't blame me :O

How are we supposed to deliver chase cam views of both cars? Let's say I raise an inquiry. Theres my onboard view (cockpit cam) which my teammates can see from my twitch stream. Is there a possibility for them to have an "instant replay" of some sort? Or am I missing something? :p
You have an "instant replay" built into the game, hit the pause button and click on "Replay".

Reactions: StephenCarry

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
see, didn't know that.. sorry and thanks! :giggle:

D. Goelz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
Nice, thanks for the effort of live stewarding and thanks for the explanation!

One question as my teammate and I are both VR users. How do we submit an inquiry as VR user as the HUD is not shown on the 2D monitor and even if you use Oculus Mirror the HUD will be too far on the sides to record it?
I think quiting and joining in 2D is quite risky in the current state of ACC driver swaps and you will also loose the replay if you disconnected from the server or?

So submit the capturing of the mirror with maybe bad visible HUD is ok?

Xeonski

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
May 16, 2018

One question as my teammate and I are both VR users. How do we submit an inquiry as VR user as the HUD is not shown on the 2D monitor and even if you use Oculus Mirror the HUD will be too far on the sides to record it?
I think quiting and joining in 2D is quite risky in the current state of ACC driver swaps and you will also loose the replay if you disconnected from the server or?

If you disconnect you will not lose the replay (as long as you have enabled auto-save) but you wont have the replay for the time you were disconnected of the server. You can record oculus mirroras long as we can see the green/red part of the HUD (even if it's in bad quality, what's important is that the steward know the input of a driver) corresponding to the pedals.

oqvist

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 21, 2020
This was complicated like nothing I ever seen before. Need a dedicated protester in each team so the drivers can focus on what they are supposed to do :D
Lets hope for a clean race :)

HaiCo

Moderator & PC F1 League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018

Yeah that's fine for VR users.

Reactions: D. Goelz