PC - AOR Endurance - Circuit Paul Ricard 500km - 25/01/2019 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR Endurance - Circuit Paul Ricard 500km - 25/01/2019

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

krop

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2018
Circuit-Paul-Ricard.png
Event Information:
Date: SATURDAY January 25th (25/01/2020)
Track: Circuit Paul Ricard - 2019 season
Lobby opens: 16:00 GMT
● Event starts: 16:15 GMT
Lobby name: ApexOnlineRacing #5 Paul Ricard 500
● Event format:

• Practice: 30 mins (x1 progression)
  • Qualifying: 15 mins (x1 progression) - The driver that qualifies for the race is the one that has to start the race
  • Race: 180 mins (x2 progression)
● In-game time-of-day / Weather / rules information:
  • Practice at FRI 13:00 IGT - 32 degree ambient temperature, high cloud level.
  • Qualifying at SAT 10:45 IGT
  • Race starts at SUN 18:00 IGT
  • Track state and weather will be generated by the game. Practice should be completely green in cloudy weather and the track state should carry over from session to session. The game simulates other series running on the same track, so while the practice session could end on a green track, the qualifying might start with an already well-rubbered in state.
  • Dynamic weather turned off
  • Maximum stint time of 65 minutes per driver
  • Refuelling time fixed for all cars
Please sign up as a team of 2 or more (providing driver names, Steam Player IDs and team name). Preferred team driver count is 3. A good idea here would be to sign up with your teammate from the GT3 league with the car you're already driving in.

To get the DriverID:

Go to:
Steam ID Finder
Steam ID Finder is a tool that allows you to find your steam ID quickly and easily.
steamidfinder.com

steamidfinder.com

Type in the users SteamID, and in most cases it should find the number:
You are looking for the steamID64 entry (16 digits)

Example team entry post:

• Team name: [your desired team name, keep it civil - you can reuse your team name from the sprint league]
  • Car choice: [your car choice]
  • Car #: [choose your car number, range of 1-998, this will also overwrite the car number if you're using a real team livery]
  • Drivers:
Driver 1 (team leader):
  • AOR Forum ID: [tag the first driver with @Driver1]
  • Name: [the driver's first and last name; you can use your nickname or your real name]
  • ID: [steamid64 provided by using the tutorial above]
Driver 2:
  • AOR Forum ID: [tag the second driver with @Driver2]
  • Name: [the driver's first and last name; you can use your nickname or your real name]
  • ID: [steamid64 provided by using the tutorial above]
etc..

Please attach your SteamID with an "S" in front, eg. S76561198068667370.

Because of the potential amount of people involved in the race only one designated person from a team will be required to turn up for the driver briefing which will take place during the practice session. We're assuming that teams will use their own discords to communicate with each other, however since this is a community race teams are allowed to use the ACC voice channels for the race.

If you cannot see the AC Discord channel, please type in the 'Permissions request' channel that you need access to 'AC racers'
Game lobby password will be provided in Discord.

In-game rolling start with a full formation lap.
Rolling start speed limiter will be disabled.

The first two drivers pull off at 120kph single file. The game will announce a double-file formation point somewhere before T14 (see map below). Drivers will form two files and drive at the pace of the leaders (80kph) while leaving decent spacing (about 1 car length), the race will start once "green green green" is announced.

Bez tytułu.png

Normal AOR endurance racing rules still apply, and we won't tolerate intentional wrecking or other misconduct on or off the race track. This is especially important due to the length of the race - remember, to finish first, first you have to finish!

Here's how to swap drivers:

First of all, you have to have a button set for the MFD to come up - the bit you'd use to check relative positions on the track or to check the weather forecast/change your pit settings. Without that, you won't be able to swap the drivers.
When you have your MFD open with the pit settings, here's how it looks like:
swap1.png

Use your left/right MFD buttons to change the driver you want to swap with. He will also show up as "requested" on the team widget on the UI - don't worry, the missing names on the top bit was my mistake, here's how it will look like :) -
1573680427759.png

Proceed to the pits like you normally would - stop in the pit stall and turn the engine off. The crew will start work on your car.
1573680449874.png

After the pit stop has been completed, you will be ejected from the car into a sort of spectator camera - you can press F1 to change the camera. Your buddy will be driving the car now until he goes into the pits again and swaps with you or anyone else. You are now free to press the pause button and use the "return to garage" option. The "drive" option puts you back in the spectator camera.

You can now notice, that the driver who was previously highlighted as "requested" (the second driver in our team) is now "driving".
swap3.png

Since our last race, the pit limiter issue has been fixed. However, game crashes are still expected to happen. The feature is still stated to be "work in progress", but numerous other establishments have proven that endurance races in ACC are doable (and so did we, kind of). :p

Last edited:

AndrexUK

3 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
May 6, 2015
I ran the M6 already, so I'm sure I have something already

krop

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2018
  • Team name: Garage59
  • Car choice: AMR V8 Vantage GT3
  • Car #: Garage59 #59
  • Drivers:
Driver 1 (team leader):
  • AOR Forum ID: @krop
  • Name: Jerzy Wawrzyczek
  • ID: S76561197988947833
Driver 2:
  • AOR Forum ID: @Oblit0r
  • Name: Willem Karsten
  • ID: S76561198068667370

Steve Allan

F1 Sponsored Driver
May 12, 2019
Driver 1 (team leader):
  • AOR Forum ID: TicklishPicklewickle
  • Name: Mads Jensen
  • ID: 76561198084436343
Driver 2:
  • AOR Forum ID: Steve Allan
  • Name: Steve Allan
  • ID: 76561198004857513
Driver 3:
  • AOR Forum ID: @AndrexUK
  • Name: AndrexUK
  • ID: Unless this is needed for something else than liveries it won't be necessary anymore as I heard liveries have been made client-based now :p

Reactions: krop

snajdan

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 8, 2019
Team name: GT3 BOYZ
Car choice: Porsche 911.2 GT3 R
Car #: 991 (Custom Livery)

Drivers: @Kniekehle78 & @snajdan

Driver 1:
AOR Forum ID:
@Kniekehle78
Name: Maik Steuernagel
ID: S76561198866247869

Driver 2:
AOR Forum ID: @snajdan
Name: Patrick Snajdan
ID: S76561197960291894

Last edited:
Reactions: krop

Shooter80

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
I'm in, unsure about my teammates though, would need to be someone who appreciates the true masterpiece is that is the M6. I have some leads, will confirm when I know for sure.

Marlon Andrade

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jul 15, 2019
In as well, dunno with whom and which car though.

I wanna try something new, so @Shooter80 if u need someone that also drives a bright yellow car ping me :) would be nice to have a good reason to drive the m6

Shooter80

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
In as well, dunno with whom and which car though.

I wanna try something new, so @Shooter80 if u need someone that also drives a bright yellow car ping me :) would be nice to have a good reason to drive the m6
Hi Marlon, that is a very tempting offer, and would be a pleasure, but last night I spoke to @Vansinnes and @fläsk and we agreed to run as a team.

If anything changes with this, I'll let you know. Hope you get a good team yourself and I'll see you on track.

Marlon Andrade

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jul 15, 2019
Hi Marlon, that is a very tempting offer, and would be a pleasure, but last night I spoke to @Vansinnes and @fläsk and we agreed to run as a team.

If anything changes with this, I'll let you know. Hope you get a good team yourself and I'll see you on track.
Cool, no worries =)

If anyone who wants to drive on a not very common car wants to team up ping me =)

Artur "Jankes" Sobota

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 14, 2019
Im in for sure. Im also looking for a teammates and I can go in any car but an Audi. Im not a fast one but I do my best