PS4 - AOR Endurance League Incident | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR Endurance League Incident

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VSR Thomasethan

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans LMP1-H tier 1 Winner
Apr 10, 2018
Platform + League: PS4 AOR Endurance League
League Coordinator: @PRG_FrankForest
Date: 21/06/19
Members Involved: @jam_my21
Description:
So, after making a stop and doing a second stint on the tyres i started the race with i found myself up in second place after jumping three other competitors, and i was fully aware my pace would be a little slower than them, however coming into the half way mark, Jam decides he wants to overtake me (I presume it was an attempt of an overtake) into the most difficult corner on the circuit, Copse. If Jam had been alongside me before the braking zone of this corner i would've backed off and let him through but since he was at least 3 cars lengths around 0.3 of a second behind i decided not to and stick to my normal line.

So due to my slightly worn front tires my speed was a little on the downside through Copse usually I'm taking the corner at around 145mph but with these tires only about 130mph, regardless it's down to Jam who should be able to react to this and avoid contact with the car in front.

In the video you can see he steams up my inside and makes contact with my rear right forcing me to countersteer at speed. By this point my rear tyres had already gone beyond their slip angle so i had no grip and the car spat out to left and with the kerb there, i was no way going to get the car stopped. If he was going for a move he has violated rule 1.3 in regards to overtaking
● Don't be too aggressive when trying to overtake. As the chasing car, it is generally your responsibility to not make contact with the car in front.
As well as this he has also violated rule
1.1.1 ● Race cleanly at all times. No contact should occur between cars on track, and as a driver you are required to do your best to avoid this from happening. Accidents can happen, but if you are at fault for causing a collision, you are likely to be penalised
Jam I have no idea what you were thinking but you need to take a long, hard look in the mirror because you were fast enough to criticise drivers at Monza for contact but you cause contact here.

Evidence:

jam_my21

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 LMP1 Champion
Mar 17, 2017
Firstly on that corner you don't brake, you go full throttle or lift off a little before corner entry to get car turn in and then back on full throttle.

So I was really surprised when I noticed that you brake and now I think you brake check on me.

As you can see on my video I lift off throttle before the corner and give you enough space to make the corner as slipstream affect both of us.
I just let car roll on to the corner and as you brake, only obvious way me to make corner safely was to take inside lane as you were going to outside lane (edit: and this driving lane was my normal lane on that corner anyway). Things happened fast and if I had brake on that point I would had end up on your rear and putting both of us spin.

My driving wasn't aggressive and my intention wasn't to over take you there but you put me on that position with your driving.

Exit of the corner we were driving on parallel lanes and I think you were turn on me (or the game was soak/glue us together) and then your car's rear touched my car's front and sent you to spin. I didn't turn on you or push you off the track.
If you had kept your outside lane and I have drive my inside lane we would have made that corner just fine.

Also I waited for you to take your position back at the near entry to pit to make sure not to take more advance over you if you go to pit (as I didn't know if you have damage). So you went to pit stop and stop racing.

Here's my POV

Last edited:

VSR Thomasethan

Apr 10, 2018
Firstly on that corner you don't brake, you go full throttle or lift off a little before corner entry to get car turn in and then back on full throttle.

So I was really surprised when I noticed that you brake and now I think you brake check on me.

As you can see on my video I lift off throttle before the corner and give you enough space to make the corner as slipstream affect both of us.
I just let car roll on to the corner and as you brake, only obvious way me to make corner safely was to take inside lane as you were going to outside lane. Things happened fast and if I had brake on that point I would had end up on your rear and putting both of us spin.

My driving wasn't aggressive and my intention wasn't to over take you there but you put me on that position with your driving.

Exit of the corner we were driving on parallel lanes and I think you were turn on me (or the game was soak/glue us together) and then your car's rear touched my car's front and sent you to spin. I didn't turn on you or push you off the track.
If you had kept your outside lane and I have drive my inside lane we would have made that corner just fine.

Also I waited for you to take your position back before you went pit stop.
Here's my POV

You think I am brake checking you? Oh dear, i did say i had to let off a lot more speed due to my tyres so i braked to bleed more speed cause even lifting off i would carry to much speed and go off circuit, don't tell me how to drive when you are the one placing your car in a dangerous position. Also may i iterate, YOU put your car there by your decision. You had the choice off backing off and just following me through the corner but instead you go into a gap that was disappearing, maybe it was the game but this was avoidable from your POV. You get on the inside kerb, that is going push your car in towards me. You want to be safe but you do that? I did keep my line, but it was you going up my inside and putting yourself in a bad spot that caused me to spin.

Last edited:

VSR Thomasethan

Apr 10, 2018
It's been over two weeks. Is this incident even being reviewed? Might as well close it because whatever the result is, will not have an effect on the driver at fault for this incident

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Jan 25, 2014
Very sorry for the late closing on this one :(

The stewards have decided to give @jam_my21 an 10 second time penalty + 10 penalty points for causing a moderate avoidable collision.
As an upcoming driver it is your responsability to avoid an accident and you need to be sure that there is enough room. If not then the driver should have backed off.

@VSR Thomasethan @jam_my21 @PRG_FrankForest

Status
Not open for further replies.