PC - AOR Endurance League Season 3 - R4: Road America | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR Endurance League Season 3 - R4: Road America

DaWu

AOR PC GT3 Semi-Pro S8 Champion
May 22, 2017
@Col.McCoy yeah i got you there and ofc GTEs can help the LMPs.
But
loose a few more seconds
that's not gonna happend for me next race :rofl:.

Its still the LMPs car's responsibility to make the overtake safe.
Yeah i do help them with a small lift into corners if they managed to get on my side before breaking... If they're not alongside me while braking, yeah find your way around... But not this turn! :mask:
Especially on Daytona, there is alway a next turn and a straight you can pass me/us easy on every exit. and after almost every single turn! (maybe not into Turn 2 :rofl:)
I think i was one of the fairest GTE car out there the last races but i will not sacrifice 2-4 secounds for you LMPs anymore.
In a lot of situations i'm the one controling the overtake and make us NOT crash . "if i dont run wide we would crash bcs you're going for it anyway".
You see small gaps and stick your nose with force into them... forcing the GTE car to react.

Why do the guys who can do the overtakes safe NEVER EVER complain about the GTEs? :sneaky: hm?

• Kappa
Reactions: Henry Gordan

DaWu

May 22, 2017
This doesn't mean that you can't lose time during the overtake.
Why only the LMPs should loose time? I think in multiclass racing it goes both ways, the point is to be safe while trying to reduce the loss of time for both cars at minimum
Read all what i've written. And you see i was talking about lifting to let LMPs through.
AND i also was talking about only 2-3 LMPs not driving carefully.
But some LMPs just focusing on their own race and dont care how the overtake went , only to get pass fast no matter where and how.
And as GTE you lose about 0,5-1 sec per overtake if its safe and just a lift.
But 2-5 sec if its a divebomb LMP.

The LMP loses 1-2 sek no matter how.

• Agree
Reactions: Col.McCoy

D.Brezancic

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 6, 2017
Same class or not, fast car approaching, (drivers are informed by the game I suppose, or you just see it) so if LMP lost a time then also and GTE need to lost a little time too. Both cars to be little easy on brake/throttle in the corner.
Personally, I am trying to be very careful and I loosing a LOT of time,, believe or not. But yes, sometimes is kind of dangerous situation sometimes not...just GTE don't need to make this harder then it should be. Its not just enough to stay on racing line, just be a little more careful with overtaking that's all. Bur errors will happen....
Generally, I am not complaining to gte guys in tier 2, most of overtakes were as it should be, but sometimes...hmmm, also lmp make mistakes too.

Last edited:

DaWu

May 22, 2017
I guess guys cant listen to @AndrexUK who made the rule "LMPs have to make the overtake" GTEs can/should stick to the line. :cat:

BLUE FLAG GUYS, BLUE FLAG :)
yep thats for the same class, not GTEs to LMPs.

Making you the room on difficult places or let you do the divebomb and run wide to avoid you is a nice move of us GTEs nothing we "have to" do.

Edit: maybe you @D.Brezancic YOU are making the overtakes nice. But we GTE guys are not talking about every LMP driver!!!!!!!
Dont feel so attacked if we're only talking about 2-3 driver wo drive like its their own track not a shared one!

Albe97ful

Formula Karter
Feb 2, 2018
First of all @DaWu we are in different tiers so it's difficult to compare.
I'm not defending the guys that are too aggressive, the thing is the track is neither of the LMPs nor of the GTEs.
As we are racing together we should respect each other.

I guess guys cant listen to @AndrexUK who made the rule "LMPs have to make the overtake" GTEs can/should stick to the line. :cat:
I think overtake doesn't mean pass the guy in front only on the straights, I agree 100% with you that dive-bombs are too dangerous, they are dangerous within the same class too.

DaWu

May 22, 2017
First of all @DaWu we are in different tiers so it's difficult to compare.
I'm not defending the guys that are too aggressive, the thing is the track is neither of the LMPs nor of the GTEs.
As we are racing together we should respect each other.

I think overtake doesn't mean pass the guy in front only on the straights, I agree 100% with you that dive-bombs are too dangerous, they are dangerous within the same class too.
Braking 5m earlyer to give the LMP the space or that kind of things GTEs should do ofc!
Make it easy for the LMPs, but LMPs need to stop divebombing and compromising our lines through fast corners GTEs only got one line through a lot of corners (Like the fast kink after the carrousell) <- overtake there into the Kink, there is a possibility you kill the GTE car with your dirty Air (LMPs make crazy dirty Air with their high downforce) or if its right in it and the GTE is not lifting big times (losing 1+ sec , LMP loses 0 sec) it will also get killed.
That and divebombs need to stop. (and again, only talking about some guys not all the LMP driver!).
And if LMPs dont stop doing it we'll have a problem on the infield of daytona, bcs GTEs may start not beeing the guys avoiding the crash anymore and you may run into a GTE car taking the apex while you try to divebomb him.

Yeah LMPs can brake later but if you're 2-3 carlength behind and just brake into the side of the GTE car the GTE car needs to leave the door open big times, losing a lot of time while the LMP car loses 0,1 sec. And that has nothing to do with "both have to make it safe and both maybe loses time", bcs only the GTE will lose a lot of time and only the GTE car is able to avoid the contact .

• Agree
Reactions: Col.McCoy

Astrit Arsllani

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 6, 2016
Ok... So thnx to all of you LMP2'S tier 2 racers for letting me keep 4th place... Looking forward to the next on. @AndrexUK so they have no problem with me keeping 4th place. Just letting you know

• Agree
Reactions: AndrexUK