PC - AOR Endurance League Season 3 - R5: Daytona | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR Endurance League Season 3 - R5: Daytona

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

DaWu

AOR PC GT3 Semi-Pro S8 Champion
May 22, 2017
@AndrexUK
So, race will be 2h 5min if I understand correctly?!?
- Race: 2 hours (+5 mins for 2 formation laps)
Formation info
Since Daytona only gives a Rolling start option, and there is a chance of picking up damage before you even start, we will run 2 formation laps
If you pick up damage, you can use the first lap to repair, and then rejoin into your Qually position.
So yeah (sorry i'm not Andrex xD)

• Agree
Reactions: AndrexUK

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Well, they are not actually signing up for the league, so technically they are not reserves, more of a 'wild card entry'.
I can see arguments for both, but I'm inclined to exclude from the points imo. They are racing for the glory, and they can win the race / etc.
But don't really think it's right to be taking points away from the regular drivers tbh.

If they win, then grats, but points will go to only the signed drivers.

DiHeidi

S3 AOR PC Endurance GTE Champion
Jan 14, 2017
I am happy that the lobby is a little fuller, and I hope the coordinators have marked the names of those who said they would participate in the whole championship and then magically disappeared or withdrawn to focus on that gt3, so that for the s4 maybe they are put as reserves instead of new people. personally their word is worth 0 for me. going back to the guys who will join in this race. As I said, I'm glad to have a lobby with a bigger number of drivers, but even if you do not get a score it does not mean that they can not influence the result in an accident for example. let's not forget what happened in the race1 on algarve with the "newcomers" who had never taken part in any pre-championship race.and on algarve the weather conditions were ideal. The accident could happen to everyone, jaames- stom-me-andrex. So we are all on the same level. I'm glad there is someone who participates, I would have liked to see more people before and not all the last race, I still do not trust any driver, let alone someone who arrives at the last race.

Reactions: SmokingPuppy841

Tudesertpac

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 3, 2018
Bro, me and Leon are in the elite tier in the GT3 series. I volunteered for the last race because I saw many people ditched and I didn’t see it as fair for the others to have a smaller grid. I am aware that some of you guys are fighting for the last points and I wouldn’t have volunteered of I had doubts about racing clean. I organized endurance races before I even knew about AOR. Me and Leon are Safe in that environment especially considering overtaking of multiclasses. If you still have something against it, I will not participate in that event.

DiHeidi

Jan 14, 2017
no, I'm happy that you join! I would have liked to have you before, also to know you, as well as for the other guys, I know you run in the elite league gt3, but a multi-class race is a bit different (but knowing that you have already participated in multi-class races is certainly nice to hear it say), and with these weather conditions it is difficult for everyone, do not expect confidence on the track, but expect my happiness to have you on track :D

• Friendly
Reactions: Tudesertpac

Tudesertpac

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 3, 2018
Im so sorry. I completely got that wrong what you wrote before, **** me. I thought you are a bit against it and didn’t know that we race in elite. Well, you surely can’t know that I organized endurance races before , though
The problem about not joining earlier is that I simply lacked the knowledge that the endurance league existed. Plus, I only have time on Wednesday’s..

buuuut I am really looking forward for this race.

PS: IM GONNA CRASH INTO YALL

DiHeidi

Jan 14, 2017
When you write a message it is always difficult to understand the "tone of voice". :lol:
mine was a general observation, in fact I have not written that I oppose your participation, I am happy that the lobby has more participants at the start, unfortunately the first agar there were some problems, so it is normal to be a little worried about the new arrivals, especially if at the last race, but since in many after 2 races have escaped from the league, the space is there and it is nice that you have offered and I'm happy that you participate.
forgive me if I thought you were upset, it's not like that, I'm just a person who takes into consideration all the possible scenarios :rofl:

Tudesertpac

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 3, 2018
Yeah man, I completely agree with what you said there hahah. At least we know now that we love each other

• Friendly
Reactions: DiHeidi

Deerladog

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
Its unlikely that I'll be able to make it to this race :( I got a new job recently and the finishing times are going to make it a close call as to whether I can make it.

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
Will unfortunately have to skip this one due to my pedals deciding to brake. I will update before the next race before I can make that or not.

ShaD

Formula Karter
Feb 7, 2018
Yop,
I would not be here for the last race of the championship
Really sorry, good race to all :)
See you

Albe97ful

Formula Karter
Feb 2, 2018
Probably I won't make it tomorrow because I'm out of town and don't have a decent connection, I'll do my best to find a solution but I don't think I will race

J. McConnell

GP2 Test Driver
Mar 15, 2017
TFW you see people moan about the weather and not being engineers

1523527206383.png

We're all in the same boat, get on with it and see ya's later! :asshat:

LeoNTheSickOne

AOR Project CARS Snow Champion 2019
Jan 17, 2018
Wow i just read the thread, what a rage fest!

Yes sure weather could have been picked earlier, something that could be improved and kept in mind for next races/seaon.
We got 5 days which is more than enough. If you have done practice races in the rain and in the dry then you have already done the practice needed for the race. This weather info just changes the tyre pressures etc and maybe a little different lines in the race. Changing the tyre pressures takes max 15-25 minutes, easy.
In the rain you never keep the same lines and braking points from the start even if you know the weather. Its always changing always dynamic. Sometimes puddles here and sometimes there. Rain is not about preparing but adapting. I would say it would have been worse if the race was soley a dry race. Because preparing for dry is harder than preparing for wet. Because like i said. WET is NOT about preparing, its about adapting.

I think these weathers are great and im really looking forward to it. Keep the 4 weather slot and do the best we can :D
1523529585786.png

LeoNTheSickOne

AOR Project CARS Snow Champion 2019
Jan 17, 2018
Andrex do you want me to see if i can find more people to join the race? There could be a chance that people from ACR could join in incase you want more cars on the grid :)

Col.McCoy

F1 Triple Champion
May 26, 2016
First people are complaining about not having enough time to train for current conditions of the race.... now people who haven't been able to train join...

By the way, I'm not complaining about any of the developments... just stating an objective observation =D... kinda funny to see the turn around.

See you tonight