PS4 - AOR Endurance League Season 3: Round 3 - 2 Hours of Spa - 03/11/18 - 6:45PM UK-time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR Endurance League Season 3: Round 3 - 2 Hours of Spa - 03/11/18 - 6:45PM UK-time

Jarryd Vermeulen

AOR PS4 Touring Car T1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
I just complelty started again with the setup I was that p**

I was expecting you to win mate with your pace?
Had to 2 stop even i spent more than 30min fuel saving in the first stint still wasnt enough. So didnt change my tyres to save time and after 6 laps of more fuel saving i saw i still need to savs another 5 laps and i lost massive amounts of time to bax etc. So i pitted again put the extra fuel in to make to it the end and try catch up and wheel disconnected after that so then went my chance at 2nd which was a disappointment. Had the race in the bag if my car could have done a 1 stop. But the bmw isnt efficient at all, carry more fuel and yet do at least 5 laps less than the others

Last edited:

bax

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 GTE Champion
Mar 24, 2016
Who is the driver of the day? no one..... becasuse we have the HERO of the day: JAM_MY21 driving alone in LMPH series for 2 hours :eek:

My race was good, better than my expectations.
I was slow for 2 weeks then I learned something from BMW_MPower video (and setup) and I was faster, finally optimistic for the race.
My target is always the podium: podium depends on me, which position on the podium depends a lot on other drivers
And other drivers, faster than me, Jarryd and Noxvi, had some problems so I won (y)

bax

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 GTE Champion
Mar 24, 2016
Had to 2 stop even i spent more than 30min fuel saving ...... But the bmw isnt efficient at all, carry more fuel and yet do at least 5 laps less than the others
I think it is not fair if someone has to stop twice because of the tank capacity.
Hope admins will find an escamotage... 1h50' race, car change, other.....

Reactions: Jarryd Vermeulen

Jarryd Vermeulen

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
I think it is not fair if someone has to stop twice because of the tank capacity.
Hope admins will find an escamotage... 1h50' race, car change, other.....
The 2 hour races will be tough but it is what is mate. 2.25min we all have to do 2 stop races. But sadly the bmw at the pace i was going was not going make it on 1 stop... if i went at 2.20 then yes i could make it but what is the point of that would come last. I used 220L to make it to the end today. The car is mad in fuel usage. Finished with 3L left in the tank. I can say no one on the grid used that much fuel to cover the same distance lols.. Only way I can do these 2 hour races is with alot of fuel saving

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Had to 2 stop even i spent more than 30min fuel saving in the first stint still wasnt enough. So didnt change my tyres to save time and after 6 laps of more fuel saving i saw i still need to savs another 5 laps and i lost massive amounts of time to bax etc. So i pitted again put the extra fuel in to make to it the end and try catch up and wheel disconnected after that so then went my chance at 2nd which was a disappointment. Had the race in the bag if my car could have done a 1 stop. But the bmw isnt efficient at all, carry more fuel and yet do at least 5 laps less than the others
@biba99 managed to 1 stop on the bmw,not sure if he had to fuel save, I was expecting to have to save fuel but managed to run in rich the hole race, think I had 7ltr when I crossed line.

Jarryd Vermeulen

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
@biba99 managed to 1 stop on the bmw,not sure if he had to fuel save, I was expecting to have to save fuel but managed to run in rich the hole race, think I had 7ltr when I crossed line.
You can 1 stop if your laps are about 2.18 to 2.20. Running in high 2.15s to low 2.16s for the first half of the race used alot my fuel then I had to run in the high 2.16s and even high 2.17s to stretch my stint. If I had chosen to run at a high 2.16s and low 2.17 from the start then I would have made it but bax was faster than that and needed to keep a gap. I do tend to use more fuel but not much normaly 2 extra laps of fuel during race. But with the BMW I was always 7 laps to short on my stints and that was shock. I pulled 4 back in my first stint but then it was to late to manage my fuel and the lead.. after my stop had to save 6 laps of fuel and was running in the 2.19s and soon realised that was a waste of time cause my lead was being cut down loads. I didn't think would be an issue and if I knew before hand I could have made changes to the car and my driving etc to make sure I got there

Last edited:

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
You can 1 stop if your laps are about 2.18 to 2.20. Running in high 2.15s to low 2.16s for the first half of the race used alot my fuel then I had to run in the high 2.16s and even high 2.17s to stretch my stint. If I had chosen to run at a high 2.16s and low 2.17 from the start then I would have made it but bax was faster than that and needed to keep a gap.
The joys of endurance racing :D having to fuel save and also save tyres, Change strategy’s, but it does make it s challenge and fun to be a part of, I had to fuel save for my hole second stint at monza mate, not nice having to spend an hour on lean losing 1/2 secs a lap to make it to the end of a race and cost me a win.

Reactions: Noxvi

Jarryd Vermeulen

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
The joys of endurance racing :D having to fuel save and also save tyres, Change strategy’s, but it does make it s challenge and fun to be a part of, I had to fuel save for my hole second stint at monza mate, not nice having to spend an hour on lean losing 1/2 secs a lap to make it to the end of a race and cost me a win.
Lean would never have worked for me I was driving around it and keep decent times in the first stint but started to late.. Only realised 30mim in and had try my best to recover what I could... if I knew this before hand I could have made it.. cause in practise had no problems but due to the pace of the people behind me I was pushing harder than I thought I would need to and maybe made the gap to big. But oh well. Wheel disconnected anyways

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Lean would never have worked for me I was driving around it and keep decent times in the first stint but started to late.. Only realised 30mim in and had try my best to recover what I could... if I knew this before hand I could have made it.. cause in practise had no problems but due to the pace of the people behind me I was pushing harder than I thought I would need to and maybe made the gap to big. But oh well. Wheel disconnected anyways
Unlucky mate, least you have had 1 good result this week with your win in gt3(y)

jam_my21

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 LMP1 Champion
Mar 17, 2017
As I noticed that I was only 1 in LMP's I set my target to make 60 laps (every lap under 2min) . I could'n make it on practice with AI's and tried again. Make 2 mistake that cost me having 59 laps but it was close.
I enjoyed that race as I love to drive Toyota.

Noxvi

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T3 Champion
Feb 1, 2018
My race report:
Q: Amazing was really happy to take pole it's been a while since I've gotten pole in AOR.

R: Really enjoyed the race, me and @Jarryd Vermeulen were fastest maybe Jarryd a bit faster. For the first 15 mins me and Jarryd were battling for the lead, then I kinda felt the pressure and made a mistake Jarryd took the lead, after that he pulled away. I was keeping cool thinking ahead in the race. I was on the hard tyre for the first stint and they felt good for the first 30 mins but after that as it got overcast temperatures dropped and my right front was dropping to 65° on the straight the car felt understeery and oversteery. But I was not gonna pit for softs I decided to stay out for the whole stint and waste the whole fuel in the tank. Then I wasn't sure whether to change to softs or keep the hards because I knew temperatures would rise with medium cloud next. I pitted for softs after the 1 ish hour stint, I switched to the softs risky strat, but in the end it payed off. After the first hour my softs were overheating a lot and the car was understeering. With 40 mins to go I started to realise I was not gonna make the race with the fuel I had I was running in P2 (unlucky for Jarryds wheel to disconnect). Bax was leading I was faster and catching him but I had to fuel save which sucked I was fuel saving for the rest of the race and in the end I still had to pit on the last lap to refill with 4 liters for one more lap. In the end it was P2 congrats @bax on the win and everyone else that finished. Exciting race.
To add to this what I didn't enjoy was waiting so much for the race to start we started at like 7 pm uk but it was planned for 6:30 pm. And that wasn't the biggest problem, people not showing up is annoying, there should be penalties for that. And I think that it's a good idea to join Tier 1 and Tier 2 which I hope there's a little skill gap there. And people shouldn't drop out if they don't like the car or are behind in the championship because it's not fair for the people who show up on Saturday nights to race only to find out the lobby has 9 ppl in it. That's just my opinion.

Reactions: bax

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016
To add to this what I didn't enjoy was waiting so much for the race to start we started at like 7 pm uk but it was planned for 6:30 pm. And that wasn't the biggest problem, people not showing up is annoying, there should be penalties for that. And I think that it's a good idea to join Tier 1 and Tier 2 which I hope there's a little skill gap there. And people shouldn't drop out if they don't like the car or are behind in the championship because it's not fair for the people who show up on Saturday nights to race only to find out the lobby has 9 ppl in it. That's just my opinion.
We did start around 6.30 ish, Underway at just gone 6.45. due to 2 DSC during qualy i was asked to restart the lobby, which i did (down to my kind heart)
I was called in at the last min Coordinator, so apologies for getting the settings wrong. But ay-ho that's life.
Onwards and upwards to Le Mans.

Noxvi

Feb 1, 2018
We did start around 6.30 ish, Underway at just gone 6.45. due to 2 DSC during qualy i was asked to restart the lobby, which i did (down to my kind heart)
I was called in at the last min Coordinator, so apologies for getting the settings wrong. But ay-ho that's life.
Onwards and upwards to Le Mans.
Yeah it was due to disconnections we restarted but we were waiting for people the first start. And thank you for restarting the lobby.

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
well my race was destroyed before it even started - thanks @ALE2293 - stewards enquiry incoming

after my qualy was killed i was starting at the back, proper wound up, and pushing too hard to try make some places back. caught @FSR_FrankForest tried a stupid move - spun - passed by @Dennis_Meisner. caught @Dennis_Meisner tried a stupid move - spun again

btw did anyone else notice the lobby settings were still wrong, i believe weather was set to 2x as it cycled through twice

Noxvi

Feb 1, 2018
well my race was destroyed before it even started - thanks @ALE2293 - stewards enquiry incoming

after my qualy was killed i was starting at the back, proper wound up, and pushing too hard to try make some places back. caught @FSR_FrankForest tried a stupid move - spun - passed by @Dennis_Meisner. caught @Dennis_Meisner tried a stupid move - spun again

btw did anyone else notice the lobby settings were still wrong, i believe weather was set to 2x as it cycled through twice
Yeah it was still with the wrong weather settings...

Dennis_Meisner

AOR PS4 S2 LMP2 TEC Champion
Premium Member
Feb 21, 2018

I’m glad you wrote this, it looked so strange in my mirror when you spun - was afraid it was my fault somehow, with a lag or something.