PS4 - AOR Endurance League Season 4: Round - 2.4 Hours of Le Mans - 10/11/18 - 6:45PM UK-time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR Endurance League Season 4: Round - 2.4 Hours of Le Mans - 10/11/18 - 6:45PM UK-time

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

JeroCalleja_SPA

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 12, 2018
@Jarryd Vermeulen with all due respect friend, it would be advisable that you calm your ambition at the start of the races and measure distances a bit more, especially in the case of endurance races. You can see on my onboard that I do not make any change of direction to the left, I can not see the exact situation of @RSlicker but you do.
When 2 pilots are disputing a parallel, they must respect their respective lines.

You can fight a position aggressively without unnecessary contacts.

I ask you please to reflect on what happened yesterday for the good of the championship, hours and hours of training thrown away by an incident in the early stages of a 2.4 hour race.
Greetings.

JeroCalleja_SPA

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 12, 2018
The race was crazy intense trying to match you. Was so consistent and sadly me changing tyres was a bad call but we have to do what we think is right. And you made the right call not changing. But was a real pleasure being in a battle for over 2 hours with you.

The start was 3 wide with @Slicker and @JeroCalleja_SPA and @JeroCalleja_SPA just turned left into me leaving no choice but to brake and turn away from him to try not hit slicker but there was nothing I could do.

After looking to my reply I think @JeroCalleja_SPA didn't realise maybe slicker was there on my inside. But still turning into me hitting still confuses me why he did that. I was on the outside next to him? So please let us know what happens from your side?

Again when you tired overtaking me around the outside I was squeezed to the inside on the curb which made my car jump left. Nothing I could do to avoid this.

Overall my race was about keeping up with bax and happy with a P2 when I was not confident of even a 5th place. So well done to everyone on finishing.
You're wrong friend in the incident with @RSlicker I make no change direction to the left, you had owed space and just follow your traced. In the incident with me, you do not touch any curb, you do not have oversteer when braking, you just brake later than you should and you take me off track. When 2 riders play a parallel you have to measure the different ones, I had a nice fight with your BMW partner and there was no contact at any time.

JeroCalleja_SPA

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 12, 2018
The BMW driver of the last video is not you, he is your partner, with the video I only try to make you understand that you can fight any position with aggressiveness respecting the other driver's line. You make reference to the fact that I use a lot of exterior design and I ask you, where is the problem? My Ferrari does not have the top speed of the Chevy, Ford or the acceleration of the BMW but it has the best braking of the entire GTE category and therefore I take full advantage of its potential. There is not a single norm in both the real competition and in the SimRacing that prevents me from fighting a position or braking on the outside line, I must respect the inside line of the other driver and he must respect mine, they say that "a picture is worth more than 1000 words "and for that reason I have shown the videos, from different points and with different views so that there is no misinterpretation, since it is obvious that we have different points of view about what happened. I do not intend to generate controversy with what happened, in fact I am not even annoyed because I myself made mistakes after the incident with you and these are the ones that led me to finish in fifth position, I have only asked you with respect that reflections on what happened, these races are long-lasting, they require hours and hours of training, nobody wants to throw that training in the first laps. Finally, I have not questioned your results in other championships, it seems that it has bothered you and that was not my intention, I have specifically referred to what happened yesterday and I do not think that your way of addressing me is appropriate. Greetings.

Reactions: Jarryd Vermeulen

Jarryd Vermeulen

AOR PS4 Touring Car T1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
The BMW driver of the last video is not you, he is your partner, with the video I only try to make you understand that you can fight any position with aggressiveness respecting the other driver's line. You make reference to the fact that I use a lot of exterior design and I ask you, where is the problem? My Ferrari does not have the top speed of the Chevy, Ford or the acceleration of the BMW but it has the best braking of the entire GTE category and therefore I take full advantage of its potential. There is not a single norm in both the real competition and in the SimRacing that prevents me from fighting a position or braking on the outside line, I must respect the inside line of the other driver and he must respect mine, they say that "a picture is worth more than 1000 words "and for that reason I have shown the videos, from different points and with different views so that there is no misinterpretation, since it is obvious that we have different points of view about what happened. I do not intend to generate controversy with what happened, in fact I am not even annoyed because I myself made mistakes after the incident with you and these are the ones that led me to finish in fifth position, I have only asked you with respect that reflections on what happened, these races are long-lasting, they require hours and hours of training, nobody wants to throw that training in the first laps. Finally, I have not questioned your results in other championships, it seems that it has bothered you and that was not my intention, I have specifically referred to what happened yesterday and I do not think that your way of addressing me is appropriate. Greetings.
It's a heated debate and I'll take the blame for everything so we can put this behind us.

• Friendly
Reactions: FOGGY #7

bax

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 GTE Champion
Mar 24, 2016
I am sorry to disagree with your interpretation of what happened, my point of view is very different.
a three-wide leads 80-90% to an accident, it is almost unavoidable... POVs often differs from driver to driver, hard to find a real guilty one (if there is one)

my highlights

Last edited:
Reactions: Slicker

JeroCalleja_SPA

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 12, 2018
I agree, I do not hold any of the 3 responsible, I just tried to explain that I did not make any address changes that caused the incident. I have to say that I do not know how to speak English, I am forced to use the Google translator to read each answer, I hope that the translator is faithful to what I want to express but maybe it is not so. We have already spoken in private and apparently my way of expressing myself was not adequate, we both apologized doing the right thing. We will continue enjoying the races

jam_my21

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 LMP1 Champion
Mar 17, 2017
All I like to say about my race is that first 2h5min was interesting but then @FN-LEW187 got DC and that ended my race too. Not much left to race for but to finish the race and hope my connection hold to the end.
Well done @TwisterA1 for taking 2nd and make Toyota 1st and 2nd.

Yes Fn-lew187 was lagging also to me. You were testing lmp's impatient. I don't know what happend between you but if I remember right you were only gte (couple of close calls with others) that drove middle of the track (once) when I was behind and make me wait to you to go left or right side. I didn't want go 2 wheel off to grass to make my pass as it's dangerous and could make car spin and take both cars off the track.
Nurburgring is also very narrow track so I hope some co-operation to make passing easier and safer there.
...this battle was triggered by a impatient LMP1 @FN-LEW187 who not only pushed me off the track but almost spun me around lagging all over the place.

Last edited:
Reactions: TwisterA1