PS4 - AOR Endurance Leauge Season 3: Round 3 Spa Francorchamp 3/11/18 @6.45pm UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR Endurance Leauge Season 3: Round 3 Spa Francorchamp 3/11/18 @6.45pm UK Time

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Rn my whole thing is that I do agree it’s to hot for softs Bt i can’t get any grip with hards at all (spent at least an hour on track trying to) I want to use the hards but it seems the old corvette thinks it’s to cold for them
even with playing with the cambers ard and springs? Maybe @FSR_FrankForest or @bax have got the hards to work as they are in the same car.

Reactions: TwisterA1

bax

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T1 GTE Champion
Mar 24, 2016
even with playing with the cambers ard and springs? Maybe @FSR_FrankForest or @bax have got the hards to work as they are in the same car.
yes.... but Jarrid was 1-1.5 second faster :cry: (ok ok, Jarrid is Jarrid :p)

Hards are good in the first stint, partially cloud, for half an hour. When hards start to be used your car oversteer, temperatures go down, really tricky to get to the next pit stop.
I'm considering using softs, second stint... still a lot of tests to do ;)

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
@Jarryd Vermeulen what tyres did you have on the bmw? I used hards for quil and the race time practice, you beat me on qualifying pace by 2tenths and I was quicker on the race practice by about the same margin? I know the bmw is quite good on the softs.

Reactions: Jarryd Vermeulen

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
yes.... but Jarrid was 1-1.5 second faster :cry: (ok ok, Jarrid is Jarrid :p)

Hards are good in the first stint, partially cloud, for half an hour. When hards start to be used your car oversteer, temperatures go down, really tricky to get to the next pit stop.
I'm considering using softs, second stint... still a lot of tests to do ;)
My setup has a lot of mechanical grip and I'm using a very low preload and power ramp for spa so I'm putting quite a lot though the tyres on throttle so I'm managing to keep good heat in the hards, my best times come near the end of the session and have an absolute best of 2:15.5 on race fuel, I will give the softs a try but I feel my set up and getaway driver style will shread the softs in a few lap:devilish:

Jarryd Vermeulen

2 Times AOR PS4 Project CARS2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
@Jarryd Vermeulen what tyres did you have on the bmw? I used hards for quil and the race time practice, you beat me on qualifying pace by 2tenths and I was quicker on the race practice by about the same margin? I know the bmw is quite good on the softs.
Using hards all the way and haven't tried softs yet. Main focus is on race setup. Very consistent laps times I have been getting with hards and not interest in softs for the race. Quali not sure if I would even try softs. Don't think there is much time to be gained.

I'm just happy that finally there is a track the bmw is okay around and the next few will be the same so I get my championship going.

Killg0re NL

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 14, 2018
When i put in times in the TT, can i race in Tier2 or will i be placed in Tier1?
Are do i get a car assigned a car/team, or can i pick one?

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
When i put in times in the TT, can i race in Tier2 or will i be placed in Tier1?
Are do i get a car assigned a car/team, or can i pick one?
Depends on the time you do put I would say you are more tier 2, regards to getting a full time drive I don’t know how we stand with that in tier 2 @YabbaTheHutt might be able to shed some light on that.

Ayresii1995

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
May 13, 2018
Hey guys just after a bit of advice!!

So my Porsche is on a stable set up with a few tweaks and I’m getting times of 2.17/18 depending on mistakes!! Is there anyway of getting more straight line speed from it cause I’m on the lowest wing possible without flying off the track but I can’t change the final drive on the gearbox!! Just wandering what else I could do to get more speed?!? Many thanks in advance

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Hey guys just after a bit of advice!!

So my Porsche is on a stable set up with a few tweaks and I’m getting times of 2.17/18 depending on mistakes!! Is there anyway of getting more straight line speed from it cause I’m on the lowest wing possible without flying off the track but I can’t change the final drive on the gearbox!! Just wandering what else I could do to get more speed?!? Many thanks in advance
I have managed to tweek my gearing a little bit my setup is more based on grip and not scrubbing off speed in the medium speed turns, you can put your toe on 0 front and rear and change the rake of the car a little to prevent drag, tyre pressure also affects speed

Ayresii1995

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
May 13, 2018
I have managed to tweek my gearing a little bit my setup is more based on grip and not scrubbing off speed in the medium speed turns, you can put your toe on 0 front and rear and change the rake of the car a little to prevent drag, tyre pressure also affects speed
I’ve kinda gone for something like your setup cause the car feels good in medium speed corners and I can take Eau Rouge flat depending on tyre temps!! But I feel the Porsche is lacking top end speed even with a slipstream!! Anyone got any nitrous

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
I’ve kinda gone for something like your setup cause the car feels good in medium speed corners and I can take Eau Rouge flat depending on tyre temps!! But I feel the Porsche is lacking top end speed even with a slipstream!! Anyone got any nitrous
Think I’m topping out at about 170, I’m lifting for a split second at eau rouge but I can take the second part of les Combes without lifting and pouhen is a slight lift on entry, only gray area is stavelot (t15) I always seem to get mid corner understeer so it’s hindering my run down to blanchimont:confused:, don’t really want to mess with my setup if I have to so will just have to live with it .

Last edited:
Reactions: Ayresii1995

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
What times are you getting in the rsr?

MISFITmusicINC

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 27, 2018
Think I’m topping out at about 170, I’m lifting for a split second at eau rouge but I can take the second part of les Combes without lifting and pouhen is a slight lift on entry, only gray area is stavelot (t15) I always seem to get mid corner understeer so it’s hindering my run down to blanchimont:confused:, don’t really want to mess with my setup if I have to so will just have to live with it .
Sounds like you got it hooked up.

Pretty irrelevant, but awesome video:

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
practice session tonight around 7:00 - all welcome

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
2.17/18 depending on concentration lol
Think it’s a 2 stop race also, I can get about 50 mins out of 1 tank so I’m going to be 10 laps short, don’t think I can save save that much and my app tells me 70% of the lap is 100% throttle