PS4 - AOR Endurance Leauge Season 3 teir 2 - Monza GP 20/10/18 6:45PM Uk-time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR Endurance Leauge Season 3 teir 2 - Monza GP 20/10/18 6:45PM Uk-time

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

NGR_EnvoyXtreme

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 20, 2018
I don't know what bloody happened. Someone left/DC at start don't know who then during race someone DC and I DC a lap or two afterwards. The spins were just me making errors which ended up me being a lap down to everyone and just behind gizmo. There was a little lag from someone when I behind P2 as I let P1 and P2 pass and just sticked behind as had similar pace on softs.

Reactions: NICK-NITRO

biba99

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T2 GTE Champion
Mar 17, 2018
Q: 1
Was a pretty decent lap and was a bit lucky and got some slipstream from @NICK-NITRO
First AOR pole position :)

R: 1
As it was my first pole, it was also my first formation lap in front, I hope i did everything right :)
First few laps were pretty bad, car felt a bit weird, had to give up some positions. No chance to follow @NICK-NITRO and the other guys in front. But was able to save some fuel. Because of my gap to P1 I changed my pit stop strategy and did not change my tires. Could manage to hold P1 and the gap to @NICK-NITRO . last few laps I had to save fuel, crossed the line with about 1.5 litres left :)
Also my first AOR win :)

Thank you guys, as always a pleasure to race with you.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Q2
R2
Disappointed with my quail as I made 2 many mistakes :(

2nd race in a row I have got caught sleeping at the start and @TwisterA1 took advantage and took p2, my car was very skittish first 3 laps and had a few code brown moments :poop: but once it settled down I tagged on the back of the 2 guys in front, was looking to be a good long battle but unfortunately @biba99 and @TwisterA1 both made mistakes so I took the lead, was followed by @lassebrunsgaard for some laps but he started to drop back and managed a 17sec gap at the pitstops.
This was when my race changed into not runnjng out of fuel:oops::oops: stupidly I had No race strategy and should have done some fuel saving in the first stint!! Spent the hole last hour in lean, I let @YabbaTheHutt @robsterf1 past as my car was 2 secs a lap slower, hats off to @biba99 for a very calculated drive (y)(y) can't believe you got the car to the end as I pitted after you and struggled, and I have learned a valuable lesson 2night and thats no point been the fastest driver on track in endurance if you have no strategy.
Really loved the racing and it was all super clean and lapped cars did a great job(y)

Reactions: MISFITmusicINC

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Q: 1
Was a pretty decent lap and was a bit lucky and got some slipstream from @NICK-NITRO
First AOR pole position :)

R: 1
As it was my first pole, it was also my first formation lap in front, I hope i did everything right :)
First few laps were pretty bad, car felt a bit weird, had to give up some positions. No chance to follow @NICK-NITRO and the other guys in front. But was able to save some fuel. Because of my gap to P1 I changed my pit stop strategy and did not change my tires. Could manage to hold P1 and the gap to @NICK-NITRO . last few laps I had to save fuel, crossed the line with about 1.5 litres left :)
Also my first AOR win :)

Thank you guys, as always a pleasure to race with you.
The fuel saving killed me off mate I was losing loads of time every lap, if I could have ran in rich I might have got on the back of you.

biba99

AOR PS4 Endurance S3 T2 GTE Champion
Mar 17, 2018
Was a bit surprised you could not catch me, because you were that much faster than me at the beginning. Now I know why and it's okay for me :D;)
Before the race I was sure I have to do 2 pit stops. Was pretty suprised about how much fuel I could save.

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Q: 7th
R: 3rd
12 days since my last practise which showed in quali...
When formation lap started I noticed that my FFB was gone, could steer with one finger :cautious: I thought that it was over but gave it a try and had some nice fighting with @AOR Gizmo . After 11 minutes I gave up, went to the pit to retire. When in the pause menu I though, what the hell, test going out of the pits and then retire. To my surprise the FFB was back. Went out and started to push hard and directly started to lap 4-5 seconds faster. The problem was that I was very far behind and pushed hard to not being lapped. Eventually @NICK-NITRO caught me and I focused on keeping up with him which I sort of did. He pitted after 58 minutes or so but I could continue for another 4 laps. During those laps, I caught up with @robsterf1 who have had his pitstop. Could pass him since he was full of fuel and I was almost empty. Pitted with 55 minutes left on the clock and just pushed all I could. Unlapped myself by going passed a fuel saving @NICK-NITRO and started to catch @biba99 in the lead (who also saved fuel). Since there was some unfortunate disconnections, I was in 4th and thought that was it. But with ~15 minutes to go, Robster had to pit for more fuel. He came out 7 seconds behind me but I managed to open up the gap little by little. Unlapped myself and pushed hard to stay in 3rd which I managed with 2.8L to spare.

After all, I am very very pleased with 3rd. Massive congrats to teammate @biba99 for the win and well done to @NICK-NITRO for 2nd :D

Next up is Spa, a track that I love :)

Farewell AOR

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 27, 2017
Q: 7th
R: 3rd
12 days since my last practise which showed in quali...
When formation lap started I noticed that my FFB was gone, could steer with one finger :cautious: I thought that it was over but gave it a try and had some nice fighting with @AOR Gizmo . After 11 minutes I gave up, went to the pit to retire. When in the pause menu I though, what the hell, test going out of the pits and then retire. To my surprise the FFB was back. Went out and started to push hard and directly started to lap 4-5 seconds faster. The problem was that I was very far behind and pushed hard to not being lapped. Eventually @NICK-NITRO caught me and I focused on keeping up with him which I sort of did. He pitted after 58 minutes or so but I could continue for another 4 laps. During those laps, I caught up with @robsterf1 who have had his pitstop. Could pass him since he was full of fuel and I was almost empty. Pitted with 55 minutes left on the clock and just pushed all I could. Unlapped myself by going passed a fuel saving @NICK-NITRO and started to catch @biba99 in the lead (who also saved fuel). Since there was some unfortunate disconnections, I was in 4th and thought that was it. But with ~15 minutes to go, Robster had to pit for more fuel. He came out 7 seconds behind me but I managed to open up the gap little by little. Unlapped myself and pushed hard to stay in 3rd which I managed with 2.8L to spare.

After all, I am very very pleased with 3rd. Massive congrats to teammate @biba99 for the win and well done to @NICK-NITRO for 2nd :D

Next up is Spa, a track that I love :)
That was some nice fighting. ;)
I had to pit as my wheel kinder message up and when I stop in the bit when nothing happens and was meant to change tires. I pulled forward to go and then i went over speed limited and got 10 seconds ;( I am happy with 6th ;)

MISFITmusicINC

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 27, 2018
Was super nervous and flustered most the race, trying to figure out fuel saving and pit strategy on the fly in my first league endurance race was nightmare. I had meant to practice in race conditions on softs before we started but I barely made it in time so ran hards. Didn't qualify. Had some good racing with a few guys though. Glad I have the chance to run this series. Not terrible for my debut IMO. Next race I'll have it a little more together.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Was super nervous and flustered most the race, trying to figure out fuel saving and pit strategy on the fly in my first league endurance race was nightmare. I had meant to practice in race conditions on softs before we started but I barely made it in time so ran hards. Didn't qualify. Had some good racing with a few guys though. Glad I have the chance to run this series. Not terrible for my debut IMO. Next race I'll have it a little more together.
You did good mate (y) think you made the right choice using the hards

TwisterA1

Pro Karter
May 13, 2018
Q 3
Same as last time was able to pull together a lap to get 3rd

R dnf
Have a very good start able to get into the lead for about 5 laps which felt amazing but it went south from there. The night before I was testing soft slicks to see if I should use them for the race He’s my thing the hards didn’t wear as much but made my car very unpredictable and I tried softs which made the car much more comfortable to drive but more tire wear which I didn’t like so I wanted to race hards but I forgot to change my compound back to hard so my tire were dead after 10 mins and was struggling to find time. Spun in t1 lost he lead then only 30 mins into the race my power cut for like 2seconds disconnecting me really unfortunate as I know I could of competed for a podium spot but hopefully everything goes better at spa.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
On a plus note I did the hole race with only a few snap oversteer moments and kept my concentration that I have been struggling with since s9 in gt3 so for me it's a win, it was the main reason I joined as it's been really poor the last few seasons

Reactions: Slicker

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
I was on softs for both my stints and didn't have any issues with wear. I had up to 40% wear but didn't feel as the performance was dropping. In practise on hards, I struggled with getting any temp in them and also struggled with braking and consistency.
That is one thing that makes the racing so interesting; we all have our own way of setting up the car and driving style and that gives very good racing :)

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
I was on softs for both my stints and didn't have any issues with wear. I had up to 40% wear but didn't feel as the performance was dropping. In practise on hards, I struggled with getting any temp in them and also struggled with braking and consistency.
That is one thing that makes the racing so interesting; we all have our own way of setting up the car and driving style and that gives very good racing :)
I know that quite a few guys in gt3 who used the bmw favoured the softs over hards, I think some cars are better at working the tyres and generating more heat than others, the ginetta is another car along with the amg that's same to work better on softs in hotter conditions, I'm sure the softs will be the best option all round when we go to le Mann with the long strights the hards will cool down to much

• Agree
Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
I know that quite a few guys in gt3 who used the bmw favoured the softs over hards, I think some cars are better at working the tyres and generating more heat than others, the ginetta is another car along with the amg that's same to work better on softs in hotter conditions, I'm sure the softs will be the best option all round when we go to le Mann with the long strights the hards will cool down to much
Yes, the Porsche could use the softs to higher degree in S10 too. But then we had some strange starting times which meant that several drivers went for a combination of softs and hards. But car/setup have a big impact.

• Agree

MISFITmusicINC

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 27, 2018
Yes, the Porsche could use the softs to higher degree in S10 too. But then we had some strange starting times which meant that several drivers went for a combination of softs and hards. But car/setup have a big impact.
Side note: setup differences such as toe, camber, mechanical vs aero grip? Ofc tire pressures.
I ask because if it's right in the middle where neither is optimal, could I change the setup enough to run one enough to make a difference?

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt