XB1 - AOR Esports Qualifying Crash | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR Esports Qualifying Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny Shaw

2-time AOR XB1 F3 Champion
Apr 2, 2017
AOR esports tournament- Blocked on Qualifying lap by someone retiring on track which is against the rules, this cost me massively as it was my last lap, and meant I was involved in a race ending crash at turn 1

Team Vodka Shot

Pro Karter
Mar 27, 2018
I am sorry to see that tR_Shaw got 'blocked' by my AI car.

I was on a hotlap myself aswell, bottled it in the 'hotel hairpin' and then parked my car on the right side of 'Mirabeau bas' just before the bridge, to get out of the way for Veloce surprize. After that i retired (thinking that I was in a safe place, parked and not on the track, which you can see on the clip of tR_Shaw (mini-map) above at around 0:07. Hence the yellow flags. Apparently the game decided to start driving again which eventually got my AI car in the way of tR_Shaw.

Just to be clear, I would never ever intentionally retire ''ON'' track knowing that there a still people trying to improve their laptimes. I am convinced that what I did was safe. And would have never thought that my car would start driving again and to not even ghost.

Also, tR_Shaw mentions that it cost him massively, but he was about 1,5-2 tenths down on his previous attempt. He might have improved in the final sector, but at the point he crashed into my AI car he had to make up at least 0.463 seconds to gain a position on the leadboards. Even if he'd put in a godly final sector he probably would have been on p12 at max. And p12 would also have meant him to crash in turn one. As seen in the clip I've added.

Conclusion, this is just bad luck for him (and also for me), but without the incident, the outcome for tR_Shaw would not have been any different, as stated above.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards have determined that @Team Vodka Shot will receive a qualifying ban for the next race he attends.

You should not retire on the track, and you are fully responsible for any incidents caused in doing so.

Closed. @Danny Shaw @Team Vodka Shot

Status
Not open for further replies.