X360 - AOR F1 2013 - New Sign-Up Thread! | ApexOnlineRacing.com

X360 AOR F1 2013 - New Sign-Up Thread!

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
AOR X360 F1 2013 League - Season 10
New Sign-Up Thread

Since the old sign-up thread got a bit messy and outdated, we have decided to set up a new one for mid-season sign-ups. The league is currently halfway through the season, but at the time of writing this there are a few driver spots available to be filled.

We are currently looking for at least 2 (possibly more) new drivers to race for the rest of the season!

Requirements for joining:
1. You must be able to race without any driving assists
2. You must respect AOR's league rules and be able to race cleanly
3. You must be able to attend the races on Sunday nights regularly until the end of the season
4. If you have not previously raced in the top AOR F1 league, you must also take part in a social race with some of the league's drivers in order to show that you have reasonable speed and are able to race in a competitive field without causing problems (more info on this below)

Social race info:
A social race will be held on Thursday nights at 8pm (UK time) for new sign-ups who have not previously raced with us, in order to evaluate their speed and race craft, and thus determine whether they are an appropriate fit for this league. The social race will always be held at the circuit of the next upcoming league race, and will be attended by some of the league's current drivers.

If you sign up and are asked to attend such a social race, add "TRL Limitless" on Xbox Live and he will invite you to the social lobby at the stated time.

These socials will presumably continue to be held as long as there are new drivers to evaluate, and until the open spots have been filled.

Additional info:
League Forum
League Rules
Race Calendar

How to sign up:
In order to sign up to the league, please reply to this thread with the following details:

• Gamertag: [Enter your Xbox gamertag here]
  • Nationality: [Enter your nationality here]
  • Are you fine with racing with no assists? [Answer must be Yes]
  • Can you race on Sunday nights at 8pm? [Answer must be Yes]
  • Pingtest result: [Test your connection towards the UK Coventry server at pingtest.net and add your result here]

Sign-up list:
This list includes drivers who have signed up, but not yet been assigned to the league.

@Username - Gamertag - Nationality - Ping
-------------------
WAITING LIST:
@Dominoes12 - Dominoes 12 - Canadian - 133ms - *
@lewis zelch - fast shoot kill - English - 14ms - *
@Kyran Hensley - X Mr Skyline X - British - 91ms - *
@Guillaume Blanchet - Guiglet - Canadian - 100ms - *
@Snowyyy - SB Snowyy - South African - 44ms - *
@BleepBloopBOSCH - BleepBloopBOSCH - English - 11ms - *
@Ch33zyDr3amz - Ch33zy Dr3amz - English - 20ms - *
-------------------
DRIVERS ADDED:
@KBlock78 - K Block78 - Dutch - 17ms - *
@foxeide - foxeide - German - 41ms - *
-------------------

* = needs to take part in social race
* = social race completed

N/A = needs to post pingtest
XXms = worryingly high ping

Last edited:

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
The server test did not work.
Hey there. Could you try to use speedtest.net instead and see if that works? It is quite important to know whether your connection is reasonable and that your ping is not too high, especially on a game like this. Unfortunately the ping tends to be higher over long distances, and since you are in Canada, connecting to the drivers in Europe without lag issues might be a struggle. Remember to select an English server for the speedtest, as most of the drivers are from there. Thanks :)

lewis zelch

Formula Karter
Jan 27, 2016
Gamertag: fast shoot kill
Nationality: english
Are you fine with racing with no assists: Yes
Can you race on sunday night at 8pm: Yes
Ping test: 14ms

TRL Limitless

Somehow Still Not AOR F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Hey guys, if you would like to be invited to the socials on Thursday - Then message me on xbox live! Any questions then feel free to message me :)

KBlock78

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 30, 2015
Hey guys, if you would like to be invited to the socials on Thursday - Then message me on xbox live! Any questions then feel free to message me :)
Will do, tommorow if that's okay. Another question, who will be participating?

Kyran Hensley

Junior Karter
Jan 28, 2016
Gamertag - X Mr Skyline X
Nationality - British
Are you fine with racing no assists? Yes
Can you race on sunday nights at 8pm? Yes
PingTest Result - 91 ms

Guillaume Blanchet

Junior Karter
Dec 1, 2015
  • Gamertag: Guiglet
  • Nationality: Canadian (-5 EST)
  • Are you fine with racing with no assists? Yes
  • Can you race on Sunday nights at 8pm? Yes
  • Pingtest result: 100
I'm unable to be online on thursdays at 8pm (UK time) because of school so i'd like to do the social race on another day if that's possible. I don't know if my pace is good enough, i'll have to do a race with some of you guys to make sure I can compete.

The game I play the most is Project Cars at the moment even though it's broken as fudge. My pace isn't questionable on that game but F1 2013 is completely different. I have been playing F1 games for more than a year but I get bored quickly since the multiplayer is quite crappy.

Looking forward to race with you all.

BRL Joao Pedro

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag-BRL Joao Pedro
Nationality-Brazilian
Are you fine with racing with no assists?-Yes
Can you race on Sunday nights at 8pm?-Yes
Pingtest result-Ping;456ms
Download;15.23Mbps
Upload;1.04Mbps

Last edited:

VM BRASIL

Junior Karter
Jan 28, 2016
  • Gamertag: VM BRASIL
  • Nationality: Brazilian
  • Can you race on Sunday nights at 8pm?Yes
  • Pingtest result: 198ms in UK Coventry server.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Gamertag - X Mr Skyline X
Nationality - British
Are you fine with racing no assists? Yes
Can you race on sunday nights at 8pm? Yes
PingTest Result - 91 ms
Hey man, welcome to the site!

91 ms - that's a very poor ping result tbh, considering you live in Britain and therefore aren't far away from the server you've tested against. Do you mind doing a speedtest as well and post the full result here, to give us a better overview of your connection? Thanks!

Also make sure you add "TRL Limitless" on Xbox Live and he should be able to get you involved in tonight's social race :)

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I'm unable to be online on thursdays at 8pm (UK time) because of school so i'd like to do the social race on another day if that's possible. I don't know if my pace is good enough, i'll have to do a race with some of you guys to make sure I can compete.
I'm not sure if that will be possible tbh mate. But send @TRL Limitless a message and maybe you can come to some kind of solution.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Gamertag-BRL Joao Pedro
Nationality-Brazilian
Are you fine with racing with no assists?-Yes
Can you race on Sunday nights at 8pm?-Yes
Pingtest result-Ping;456ms
Download;15.23Mbps
Upload;1.04Mbps
  • Gamertag: VM BRASIL
  • Nationality: Brazilian
  • Can you race on Sunday nights at 8pm?Yes
  • Pingtest result: 198ms in UK Coventry server.
Hey guys. I don't like to let anyone down, but unfortunately both of you have a way too high ping to be added to the league. Just having a ping over 100ms usually means it is very likely that you will have major lag problems on this game, and when you guys have over 198ms and 456ms I'm afraid that is pretty much guaranteed to be unraceable when connecting to the guys in Europe :(

As stated in the league rules, we can not accept anyone with a ping under 150ms for this reason:
4.2 Connection & Lag:

● It's an unfortunate aspect of online racing that having a stable connection can be critical to being able to race closely with other cars. While we understand that not everyone can have perfect connections, and that occasional lag can't be avoided, we reserve the right to ask a driver to step down from the league if their connection is causing too many issues for other drivers.

● To be accepted into a league, your connection's ping towards a UK-located server needs to be lower than 150ms.

Snowyyy

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 12, 2015
Gamertag: SB Snowyy
Nationality: South African
Can I race with no assists? Yes
Can I race on Sunday nights at 8pm? Yes
Ping: 44ms

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Gamertag: SB Snowyy
Nationality: South African
Can I race with no assists? Yes
Can I race on Sunday nights at 8pm? Yes
Ping: 44ms
Hey man - welcome!

Quick question; do you live in South Africa? And if yes, was that pingtest done to the correct (English) server? Because if so, you must have incredible internet :eek:

• Funny
Reactions: CRG Evo

Snowyyy

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 12, 2015
Hi Fisi, I do actually live in South Africa.. Its not quite the bush land with Lions and elephants roaming around that you might have imagined.. My ping test was done to the correct English server yes.
[DOUBLEPOST=1454002535][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey man - welcome!

Quick question; do you live in South Africa? And if yes, was that pingtest done to the correct (English) server? Because if so, you must have incredible internet :eek:
Hi Fisi, I do actually live in South Africa.. Its not quite the bush land with Lions and elephants roaming around that you might have imagined.. My ping test was done to the correct English server yes.

TRL Limitless

Somehow Still Not AOR F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Hey guys, thank you for signing up so far! Remember to send me a message on Xbox live for an invite into tonight's race at 8pm! Track will be Spa :)

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Hahaha! Not what I was insinuating ;) But that must be a fantastic connection then considering the distance from there to the UK! Anyway, make sure you add TRL Limitless on XBL and be online tonight to be invited to the social race :)

KBlock78

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 30, 2015
Hahaha! Not what I was insinuating ;) But that must be a fantastic connection then considering the distance from there to the UK! Anyway, make sure you add TRL Limitless on XBL and be online tonight to be invited to the social race :)
Fisi, i kinda a have a problem, i cant add limitless on xbox live as he has a "full friendlist" save me

Status
Not open for further replies.