PC - AOR F1 2016 Leagues - PC Discussion Thread (Season 12) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR F1 2016 Leagues - PC Discussion Thread (Season 12)

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
AOR F1 Leagues - Season 12
PC - Main Discussion Thread

This thread can be used for general league discussion by all drivers who have signed up - or want to sign up - to the AOR PC F1 2016 Leagues.

If you have read the information/rules threads, but still have some questions or concerns, then feel free to ask them here and we will try to answer. This is to keep the sign-up/time trial threads clean.

If you haven't yet read the important threads, please do so:

League Information
League Rules
Race Calendar

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Mu11man and H_pro1

Hampus Soderberg

AOR PC Assetto Corsa S4 & RallyCross S1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Would have liked to see simulation damage - at least in the top tiers. I loved racing with it as drivers shows a lot more respect. This also forces the drivers to not do stupid and risky things as you imo see too often. :/

Would it be possible to hear the reasoning behind the desition? I can understand sth like the AI cars easily ruining someones race being behind the desition.

also, now that we have strict corner cutting rules, will the game sort those kinds of penalties or can you give penalty for in example a cut in a quali lap? I personally wouldn't mind this only being done by the game as long as it's not too radical. (so if the game for example let you extend copse by a meter or sth this would be allowed as it still is the same for everyone

Last edited:

King-kodiak

Loud, Round & Proud
AOR Commentator
May 10, 2016
A question from me. I dont have the game yet, but if we have 22 drivers in the server, is there a spectator spot for the commentator or will the driver count be restricted to allow room?

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
A question from me. I dont have the game yet, but if we have 22 drivers in the server, is there a spectator spot for the commentator or will the driver count be restricted to allow room?
If we decide to have livestreaming for the top tier, we would leave room on the grid for broadcasters :)

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Would have liked to see simulation damage - at least in the top tiers. I loved racing with it as drivers shows a lot more respect. This also forces the drivers to not do stupid and risky things as you imo see too often. :/

Would it be possible to hear the reasoning behind the desition? I can understand sth like the AI cars easily ruining someones race being behind the desition.
I think it's mainly to compensate for potential contact caused by inconsistencies out of drivers' control such as lag issues or AI car issues, which has a higher chance of resulting in race ending damage with simulation turned on. Although PC seems pretty nice and stable atm (fingers crossed it stays that way), the consoles definitely still have a higher than ideal chance of lag issues coming into play.

also, now that we have strict corner cutting rules, will the game sort those kinds of penalties or can you give penalty for in example a cut in a quali lap? I personally wouldn't mind this only being done by the game as long as it's not too radical. (so if the game for example let you extend copse by a meter or sth this would be allowed as it still is the same for everyone
Yeah the corner cutting system seems decent on this game tbf, even if not as strict as 2015. It's a bit inconsistent still though, some corners can barely be cut at all while on some others it's not as strict. So while I think most corners will be sufficiently covered by the penalty system, I think we should still keep the AOR rules as the guideline for track limits in general, as I'm not a big fan of allowing exceptions to this. Open to discussion on this though :)

armstrong182

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Hey! What are the rules about joining the Rookie league? I've taken part in 3 leagues on AOR (Although I've missed the last few). Basically I'm really struggling without traction control turned on (I'm using a PS3 controller if that matters) and although I think id be good enough to be at least in the bottom split, its really difficult and not very fun when im racing around without that assist as I struggle to make a few laps before spinning.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Hey! What are the rules about joining the Rookie league? I've taken part in 3 leagues on AOR (Although I've missed the last few). Basically I'm really struggling without traction control turned on (I'm using a PS3 controller if that matters) and although I think id be good enough to be at least in the bottom split, its really difficult and not very fun when im racing around without that assist as I struggle to make a few laps before spinning.
Hey man - if you want to race with TC you are free to sign up to the Rookie league by answering yes to that field in the sign-up template. Hopefully we get enough drivers signed up for that to go ahead, but if not then you'll be asked if you want to be included in the main no-TC leagues instead.

Hampus Soderberg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
I think it's mainly to compensate for potential contact caused by inconsistencies out of drivers' control such as lag issues or AI car issues, which has a higher chance of resulting in race ending damage with simulation turned on. Although PC seems pretty nice and stable atm (fingers crossed it stays that way), the consoles definitely still have a higher than ideal chance of lag issues coming into play.

Yeah the corner cutting system seems decent on this game tbf, even if not as strict as 2015. It's a bit inconsistent still though, some corners can barely be cut at all while on some others it's not as strict. So while I think most corners will be sufficiently covered by the penalty system, I think we should still keep the AOR rules as the guideline for track limits in general, as I'm not a big fan of allowing exceptions to this. Open to discussion on this though :)
Thanks for the answer! :)

Totally understand damage altho I'm still for simulation. :)

I think we all think different on track limits. I know the game is inconsistent in the way you described but I personally don't see it as a big issue as the game is still consistent in the way that it's the same for everyone, this is why I think it would be more fair for the game to take care of it rather than a person. (Also stops the "My elgato died during qualifying" argument.... :p )

Palo Samo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 1, 2016
So to make it fair and square everyone should record and upload their best lap?

Hampus Soderberg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
So to make it fair and square everyone should record and upload their best lap?
No, no one is forced to record. But with the strict cutting rules this will be less of an argument than before. The problem in the past has been for the ones consistently uploading their quali and race, they could get caught for cutting, either consistently in the race or in qualifying. This has obviously been a bit unfair as they've been caught and penalised while the ones who don't record never get caught.

This is also why I've suggested to leave the penalties for track limits to the game - then this problem would be 100% eliminated.

Blue Monkey

Pro Karter
Jul 14, 2016
I was told you couldn't o_O

What corners can be exploited in your experience?
You can go very wide in Copse (beyond astroturf - est. gain up to 0.4 sec) and very wide in Stowe aswell (up to the gravel - est. gain up to 0.2 sec)
Sry for the word crazy but over half a second is a lot in my opinion, especially in Time Trial

Also on a different note: Maybe it would be a good idea to make Default Setup mandatory ... If I see the purpose of TTs correctly its about skill & consistency level and not who has invested most time sofar in F1 2016 and knows where you can gain most in setups sofar (ie. 1-11 exploit in F1 2013)