Featured F1 2016 AOR F1 2016 Leagues - Sign Ups Now Open!

Discussion in 'AOR News Feed' started by FisiFan91, Sep 11, 2016.

1. FisiFan91

FisiFan91 AOR Admin Staff Member AOR Admin

40%
    AOR F1 Leagues Poster Season 12 v1.png
    The official AOR F1 Leagues on F1 2016 have finally been announced, and it's the biggest season yet! Sign-ups are now open for what will be AOR's 12th full season on the Codemasters F1 games!

Season 12 of the AOR F1 Leagues will of course utilise the newest iteration of the Codies F1 franchise - F1 2016 - with leagues available on all 3 platforms; XB1, PS4 and PC! The full 21-race season will consist of weekly race events taking place on Sunday evenings (UK time). Look here for more information!

F1 2016's biggest leap forward is perhaps the expanded online grid sizes, which allows us to have full grids of 22 cars for the first time ever in our leagues! The game also looks to provide more depth to the league races with new and returning features set to play a role in the upcoming season, such as the formation lap to build up the tension and atmosphere before the start, the manual start procedure to challenge the drivers' reactions off the line, and the safety car to shake up the field and provide an extra strategy element for drivers to think about.

F1 2016 Screenshot 27.jpg
    The leagues will not be utilising the full 3-session qualifying however, as while it's a great feature to have available for the sake of realism, as considering the league will be running 50% distance races like in the past, it would mean the drivers spend more time in qualifying than the race, which isn't how it should be, as the racing part is what drivers tend to enjoy the most! It would also give a lengthy wait to slower drivers who get knocked out in the early session(s), which doesn't fully fit with our ambition of wanting to provide an enjoyable experience for drivers of all skill levels!

Damage will also be kept to 'full' rather than the new 'simulation' setting, as the extremely sensitive nature of that setting can cause more harm than good when taking into consideration potential lag issues and other unlucky issues or accidents that may cause contact outside the drivers' control. Even so though, the full damage setting still seems more sensitive than on previous games, and still very much means drivers will have to avoid contact at all costs to be safe.

Although F1 2016 still isn't perfect, with there still being a chance of connection problems, inconsistent penalties and other small niggles causing annoyances, the game is widely seen as the best F1 game we've had for several years, with impressive handling and a more in-depth set of features than ever before. It's certainly a major improvement on last year's iteration, so we're optimistic that this could be the best season for a while! But of course, this also require the drivers to do their part by respecting our rules of clean and fair racing, staying committed for the full season, and contributing with good racing. Then, we will do our part by trying to make the leagues as competitive and closely matched as possible!

F1 2016 Screenshot 24.jpg
    So if you're interested in joining in for a full 21-race season of league racing, then make sure to sign up before the initial deadline on September 22nd! If you're not quite ready to make such a big commitment, or you unfortunately can't race on Sundays, feel free to check out the F1 2016 social race section where our members are often setting up one-off races for the purpose of practice or just having fun!

The league season kicks off in Australia on October 2nd - check the links below for more information, and hopefully we'll see you on the track!

We all hope the F1 2016 game will bring us more exhilarating on-track moments! Fingers crossed...

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. machwebb

machwebb Project CARS Coordinator PCARS Coordinator

89%
    "Darling, would you mind if the next 21 Sunday nights are taken up by racing?!" ..."you what!! twenty bloody one, that's nearly half the year, ya git!" ...."yeah and I might need to practice in the week too, is that alright?? "

SLAP!!

As much as I'd want to, Not sure if I'll get away with this lads.!

• Funny Funny x 8
  3. Jack_w

Jack_w Semi-Pro Karter

87%
    Y

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  4. Rickybrosh

Rickybrosh Pro Karter

8%
    Haha exactly what is was thinking when i read the description :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lowkeee

Lowkeee Semi-Pro Karter

67%
    Hey, Looking to sign up. could anyone message me with steps to do so.

Thanks
    Mr-Lowkee
    PS4

6. Jthorn97

Jthorn97 F1 Coordinator Staff Member F1 Coordinator Premium Member

45%
  7. Alexander Rotmensz

Alexander Rotmensz Junior Karter

10%
    When will the Season 13 signups be?

8. DON SILVA

DON SILVA Moderator Staff Member Moderator F1 Coordinator

98%
    Not for a while yet. We're just about halfway through season 12.

9. Dray010

Dray010 Semi-Pro Karter

67%
    Are there any spots left as reserve in THE lowest xbox league ? I found u guys at YouTube verry Nice community and Nice videos im new at sim driving i Will introducé myself properly if i can find THE right tread greets Sandro or dray010 from Holland