PC - AOR F1 2017: PC Discussion Thread (Season 14) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR F1 2017: PC Discussion Thread (Season 14)

Jay

Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 14, 2014
Is it possible for me to join a league still?
Keep an eye on the sign up threads, they will reopen once the leagues are underway. You will still be required to apply by completing the TT and Speedtests and will get reserve status initially.

LukeBin010

Formula Karter
Oct 3, 2017
I would love to join PC f1 2017 league (no assist) i've read the sign in thread but i'm not able to reply it. When it will be possible again to sign in and enter a league??

TheEpicSnowWolf

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 26, 2017
Soo, with the new patch released today, is there a chance to maybe turn the Formation Lap and SC back on in the near future?

RigorousTiger

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff Member
rFactor2 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2017
Soo, with the new patch released today, is there a chance to maybe turn the Formation Lap and SC back on in the near future?
I think admins or other staff members are going to do some testing or something. Fisi has also said that it'd be good if we tested this ourselves in social races.

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
After scanning the Patch notes only the below has been patched in terms of SC and Formation lap,

As @RigorousTiger has stated Fisi has asked if we can test the SC and formation laps in the socials we arrange during the week, but the league races wont be changed until the admins are happy it wont have negative affects or cause issues in the league races.

- Fixed issue where players could be disqualified at the end of a race if they were disqualified during the formation lap.

- AI will now pit under the SC for optimal strategy instead of waiting for the SC to go in.

- Player no longer told to catch SC when leading the race and already behind the SC.

- Fixed an issue where the AI attempts to overtake a player with FW damage under SC conditions and then receive no penalties.

- Increased the likelihood of SC & VSC periods occurring in online championships.

Julien2395

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 15, 2017
Whats going to happen with Sundays race? Because im 99% sure its clashing with the real life gp
[DOUBLEPOST=1507880163][/DOUBLEPOST]Nevermind its next week, but still whats going to happen for that race

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Whats going to happen with Sundays race? Because im 99% sure its clashing with the real life gp
[DOUBLEPOST=1507880163][/DOUBLEPOST]Nevermind its next week, but still whats going to happen for that race
lol.

You should really check the forums before making posts :p we have a 2 week break after this weekends race because of the US GP and the Mexican GP the weekend after ;)

Julien2395

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 15, 2017
not actually deleted but yeah. Deleted.
[DOUBLEPOST=1507911985][/DOUBLEPOST]WHY CANT I DELETE COMMENTS

Tykee

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 17, 2017
Hello guys.

I just made an account for AOR and I'm looking to join any of the main F1 PC Leagues. When will I be able to sign up? I read in the sign up thread that it might become possible to join late to the recently started season around this time, but the sign up thread is still closed for comments. Any info about when I might be able to join, or any tips on what I can do to improve my chances?

Jay

Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 14, 2014
Hello guys.

I just made an account for AOR and I'm looking to join any of the main F1 PC Leagues. When will I be able to sign up? I read in the sign up thread that it might become possible to join late to the recently started season around this time, but the sign up thread is still closed for comments. Any info about when I might be able to join, or any tips on what I can do to improve my chances?
You will need to do the TT and hopefully sign ups will be reopened after the break.

Depending on where vacancies open up at your pace will determine when you can be placed.

Social races are open to join, there we can get an idea of your connection and driving style.

Good luck.

Sent from Tapatalk

Tykee

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 17, 2017
Ok. Thanks for the quick reply!

What break are you talking about and when will that be?

I will start doing my TT work on the tracks mentioned in the sign up thread as soon as possible.

The social races sounds fun as well. I need to educate myself on what they are and how they work :)

So, for now, the best thing I can do to get into the league is to keep an eye on when the sign up thread will reopen and do TT and social races in the meantime?

Looking forward racing with you guys! I just started playing again after some years away from the F1 games, so I have some catching up to do, but Im passionated about being back :D

FisiFan91

AOR Admin
Staff Member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Ok. Thanks for the quick reply!

What break are you talking about and when will that be?

I will start doing my TT work on the tracks mentioned in the sign up thread as soon as possible.

The social races sounds fun as well. I need to educate myself on what they are and how they work :)

So, for now, the best thing I can do to get into the league is to keep an eye on when the sign up thread will reopen and do TT and social races in the meantime?

Looking forward racing with you guys! I just started playing again after some years away from the F1 games, so I have some catching up to do, but Im passionated about being back :D
Hey man, I should have some info on this within the next day or two!

TheEpicSnowWolf

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 26, 2017
Take a look at the Patch Notes of 1.10: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/59264/patch-1-10-notes-and-release-information
This should theoretically allow us to turn at least the Safety Car on again. Of course this has to be tested beforehand.
  • Safety Car - Fixed the falling too far back system so it will no longer give penalties incorrectly.
  • Safety Car - Lapped cars will no longer be able to overtake cars that have lapped them.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the delta to stop working during a virtual safety car period.

Biolite80

Pro Karter
Sep 14, 2017
I have a quick question, don't know if this is the right place for it but I will ask it. Does anybody out there in F1 land use a thrustmaster T300 base with fanatec clubsport V3 pedals? Does F1 2017 support this combo on PC? Thanks in advance

Levitikan

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 31, 2017
Is there going to be any sort of break during the Christmas season as i guess al ot of people may not be able to make some of the weekends over christmas

Bankai_Bullett

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
GT Coordinator
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
Is there going to be any sort of break during the Christmas season as i guess al ot of people may not be able to make some of the weekends over christmas
There will be a Christmas break.

Biolite80

Pro Karter
Sep 14, 2017
Yes, I believe it's the 18th of December to the 7th of January