PS4 - AOR F1 2017: PS4 Discussion Thread (Season 14) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR F1 2017: PS4 Discussion Thread (Season 14)

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
AOR F1 Leagues - Season 14
PS4 - Main Discussion Thread

This thread can be used for general league discussion by all drivers who have signed up - or want to sign up - to the AOR PS4 F1 2017 Leagues for Season 14.

If you have read the information/rules threads, but still have some questions or concerns, then feel free to raise them here and we will try to answer. This is to keep the sign-up threads clean.

If you haven't yet read the important threads, please do so:

League Information
League Rules
Race Calendar
Main League Sign-Ups
Assist League Sign-Ups

Hasnain

F1 Triple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
I have a few questions:
What do I put for completing S13 if I only joined halfway through the season?
Regarding rule 2.5.2: in the Brazil race last season, I crashed out on the soft tyres I set my best lap on in qualifying, I qualified in the top 10 but when it came to the race, I couldn't switch to soft tyres to start on even though i had another set available. If this happens again what should I do?
Finally regarding pitstops, now that pitstops are manual, a driver could potentially hold up his teammate if they double stack. I know this is very highly unlikely cos it'll affect their race as well but I think maybe something could be added just in case.

CatfiSh

AOR PS4 GT3 Elite S7 Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Amy F1 league not on Sunday? How is Sunday possible if you have family friends and so on?^^

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I have a few questions:
What do I put for completing S13 if I only joined halfway through the season?
Regarding rule 2.5.2: in the Brazil race last season, I crashed out on the soft tyres I set my best lap on in qualifying, I qualified in the top 10 but when it came to the race, I couldn't switch to soft tyres to start on even though i had another set available. If this happens again what should I do?
Finally regarding pitstops, now that pitstops are manual, a driver could potentially hold up his teammate if they double stack. I know this is very highly unlikely cos it'll affect their race as well but I think maybe something could be added just in case.
  • If you were still a driver at the last race of the season, you completed the season
  • As long as the crash wasn't deliberate, you're fine. It shouldn't happen on this game though
  • The stewards will deal with any such incident very seriously. We feel it's something which doesn't really need to be spelt out to the drivers.
@CatfiSh Sundays only I'm afraid. We feel that splitting days leads to lower quality grids. Many of us have families and friends and still manage Sunday nights. We have to cater to the majority. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Last edited:
Reactions: washy03

Cherry2pie

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 16, 2016
@DON SILVA A quick question, For the TT laps if you cant beat your PB will you still take into consideration our PB when assigning people tiers?

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
@DON SILVA A quick question, For the TT laps if you cant beat your PB will you still take into consideration our PB when assigning people tiers?
No. It's about the time you do there and then. We won't really have to consider your PB if you're only a couple tenths off it.

Hasnain

F1 Triple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
  • If you were still a driver at the last race of the season, you completed the season
  • As long as the crash wasn't deliberate, you're fine. It shouldn't happen on this game though
  • The stewards will deal with any such incident very seriously. We feel it's something which doesn't really need to be spelt out to the drivers.
@CatfiSh Sundays only I'm afraid. We feel that splitting days leads to lower quality grids. Many of us have families and friends and still manage Sunday nights. We have to cater to the majority. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Ok nice one, thanks for clearing that up

Reactions: DON SILVA

Cherry2pie

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 16, 2016
Do you only have to take part in one the races that you look at us? When will sign ups come out as im guessing there is only 1 a day.

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Do you only have to take part in one the races that you look at us? When will sign ups come out as im guessing there is only 1 a day.
Yeah one. The first evaluation race period begins on the 15th. This information can be found in the league information thread. There's a link in the OP

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Alright, do you mind linking me when the sign ups for those races are up, as i can only make some days :)
I'll probably make a thread directing people towards the races in the coming days

• Informative
Reactions: Cherry2pie

bobop97

Pro Karter
Sep 11, 2017
I’d like to bring up some testing I did regarding ping times, in which I wanted to make sure everyone would be able to have close racing without lag incidents.

And to which I’ve decided that during the races themselves seeing as we will all be racing I think it would be a good idea to disable WIFI on our phones IF YOU WANT.
This is only a suggestion to every member.
I have proof via screenshots of my results too, you might think I’ve gone overboard with details but all I want is everyone to be able to have close and clean racing.
You can see my results in the attachment below
E3C848F2-D85E-45F4-AB06-6855DC324520.jpeg

Digsha

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 15, 2016
I’d like to bring up some testing I did regarding ping times, in which I wanted to make sure everyone would be able to have close racing without lag incidents.

And to which I’ve decided that during the races themselves seeing as we will all be racing I think it would be a good idea to disable WIFI on our phones IF YOU WANT.
I have proof via screenshots of my results too, you might think I’ve gone overboard with details but all I want is everyone to be able to have close and clean racing.
View attachment 26868
I do that everytime. That's a ritual for me.

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

View attachment 26868
For those with smaller households, it's definitely a good idea. We can only recommend this though. Enforcing it isn't possible.

bobop97

Pro Karter
Sep 11, 2017
For those with smaller households, it's definitely a good idea. We can only recommend this though. Enforcing it isn't possible.
That’s totally fine, I did mention for it to be optional but thank you for taking it into consideration anyway

Reactions: DON SILVA

Cherry2pie

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 16, 2016
Quick question, If i forgot to screenshot the end part for TT laps would video footage be good enough or do I have to have the end screen?