PS4 - AOR F1 2017: PS4 Discussion Thread (Season 14) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR F1 2017: PS4 Discussion Thread (Season 14)

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
@DON SILVA I don’t wanna speak for others, but for myself I hope that I can be placed as high as possible in terms of tears, cause I wouldn’t want to be moved mid-season and would prefer to be at the back of a higher tear, which might not be everybody’s taste. I’m saying this cause I come back from a break of around one year and in general I was all the time faster online than in time trial and didn’t have the chance to show it on this game unfortunately, with only managind decent laps in spa and hungary, cause the wet handling model was new, so lost like at least a second compared to my dry pace. I’m still in the stage of evolving my understanding of the handling model and surely I will improve my pace very soon, which is why I want to avoid the situation of being moved, cause it might look like sandbagging atm, but not being the case.
How do you see it?
I mean, not knowing which tier I will be placed, I can only hope for a higher one, but anyway whatever tier it is going to be, I would want to ask to not be moved mid-season to another tier. Might that be possible?
The chances are, you may end up being moved because through no fault of your own, you didn't do an evaluation race. We can only place drivers based on the information they have provided. If you turn out to be too quick/slow for your tier, you will be moved. That goes for everyone. However, tier movements, if necessary, will happen at the earliest possible opportunity.

Mcquiz95

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 26, 2017
I agree with Andrei Codreanu, but from the opposite side. I also couldn't do an evaluation race and I feel my time trial times are probably relatively faster than my race pace. Especially because of my lack of experience at this sort of racing(25%+ clean races I've completed online in F1 games can be counted on one hand). So I'd rather be placed in a lower tier than my times would suggest, I highly doubt I am consistent enough for higher tiers, even if I have the pace occasionally.

By the way from what I've seen, you guys do a great job at running this (y).

• Friendly
Reactions: DON SILVA

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
@Mcquiz95 I can perfectly also understand the opposite side, as I was feeling the same severa years ago. For me, driving besides my first season, I was used only to the top tier, but with a break of one year and having a driving style more fitted to earlier F1 games, I do yet struggle to find the time of the top guys, unlike in the past, but I’m sure that after a couple of races I will be back to old times, or at least much closer, cause with limited practice time, the actual races will be good practice on improving my pace.

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
we had to allocate 170 drivers, chances are always there that a few might be too quick or too slow for their tier, but there are big overlaps in pace between them and we can only work with what we have as information, which is TT, eval race and previous AOR season performances.

Imo the tier placements were done with A LOT of consideration of all factors listed above and while some might fell under or overplace, we spend a lot of time and energy to really discuss a lot of drivers and gather all the information possible

James Grant

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 26, 2017
● Gamertag: JGMTS
● Nationality: British
Have you read and understood the AOR Rules? Yes
Assists used: Traction control and automatic gears
Did you complete Season 13? No
● Speedtest result: Ping: 52ms , Download: 5.67 mbps, Upload: 0.15 mbps
Time Trial screenshots:

Attachments

Curly

PS4 F1 League Runner & S14 F2 + S13 F3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 27, 2017
Are sign ups closed now then? Even for reserve driver etc.?
Hey Charlie, yes you can sign up. Though it is likely that you would be placed as a reserve driver in a league.

charliepither

Junior Karter
Oct 5, 2017
Okay, thank you
[DOUBLEPOST=1507213922][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey Charlie, yes you can sign up. Though it is likely that you would be placed as a reserve driver in a league.
But it says on the sign up threads that they are no longer open for replies?

Curly

PS4 F1 League Runner & S14 F2 + S13 F3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 27, 2017
Okay, thank you
[DOUBLEPOST=1507213922][/DOUBLEPOST]
But it says on the sign up threads that they are no longer open for replies?
If you post your sign up in this thread we'll get it sorted.

Zaid badawi

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2017
I’d like to bring up some testing I did regarding ping times, in which I wanted to make sure everyone would be able to have close racing without lag incidents.

And to which I’ve decided that during the races themselves seeing as we will all be racing I think it would be a good idea to disable WIFI on our phones IF YOU WANT.
This is only a suggestion to every member.
I have proof via screenshots of my results too, you might think I’ve gone overboard with details but all I want is everyone to be able to have close and clean racing.
You can see my results in the attachment below
View attachment 26868
jheez didn't think it would make that much of a difference, so I'm assuming if i were to disconnect 3 computers and 4 phones, the speed would increase even more? Before races, I disconnect my computer and my brother's computers, my phone, and my brothers phones.

Jul!en

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017
Hi, PSN was down last week for the races.
Im in the PC F4 league right now, and were in a break week.

So i was wondering if i could race in a PS4 split as a reserve for one race (this week) if possible since PS4 has to catch up?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Hasnain

F1 Triple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Hi, PSN was down last week for the races.
Im in the PC F4 league right now, and were in a break week.

So i was wondering if i could race in a PS4 split as a reserve for one race (this week) if possible since PS4 has to catch up?

Thanks.
There's sometimes social races on during break week at the normal AOR time so maybe you could wait to see if one pops up and maybe organise one yourself.