PS4 - AOR F1 2017: PS4 Discussion Thread (Season 14) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR F1 2017: PS4 Discussion Thread (Season 14)

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Quick question, If i forgot to screenshot the end part for TT laps would video footage be good enough or do I have to have the end screen?
We need the end screen. Is this hypothetical?

• What?
Reactions: Cherry2pie

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
@Cherry2pie Has this actually happened or are you just asking in case it happens?

bobop97

Pro Karter
Sep 11, 2017
Quick question, If i forgot to screenshot the end part for TT laps would video footage be good enough or do I have to have the end screen?
I personally think it should be okay as long as you show you crossing the line and shows it’s your fastest lap, unless they also want to see sector times, but I think it should be fine :)
*edit*
Whoops I’ve just seen the reply to it haha

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I personally think it should be okay as long as you show you crossing the line and shows it’s your fastest lap, unless they also want to see sector times, but I think it should be fine :)
We require the end screen because we need to know when you set the lap time. A screenshot is better proof that it was recently done rather than a video that could have been from before the sign-ups were open. Either way, if you recorded the lap, the chances are you captured the end screen too

bobop97

Pro Karter
Sep 11, 2017
Would it be possible to hold a poll of the 2 or 3 most popular classic cars (depending on the volume of people) and hold a league for those cars in the near future? so for example:
Ferrari f2004 only league
McLaren MP4/4 only league
Williams FW14/b only league.

But the catch is they can only use the default setups provided, no modifications to the setup

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Would it be possible to hold a poll of the 2 or 3 most popular classic cars (depending on the volume of people) and hold a league for those cars in the near future? so for example:
Ferrari f2004 only league
McLaren MP4/4 only league
Williams FW14/b only league.

But the catch is they can only use the default setups provided, no modifications to the setup
We don't plan to juggle two leagues at the same time. There will probably be some classic car socials hosted by some drivers over the course of this season but our full attention is on season 14 at the moment

bobop97

Pro Karter
Sep 11, 2017
We don't plan to juggle two leagues at the same time. There will probably be some classic car socials hosted by some drivers over the course of this season but our full attention is on season 14 at the moment
How about after the season is over? Something like a 5 race season I think would be ok

bobop97

Pro Karter
Sep 11, 2017
Would you mind if I put a poll up on twitter asking the question to see if anyone’s interested?

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Would you mind if I put a poll up on twitter asking the question to see if anyone’s interested?
I think the best time for that would be after season 14. Gathering interest now is kind of pointless since opinions could change by the time this season finishes. Let's save this discussion for when this season is over.

bobop97

Pro Karter
Sep 11, 2017
I think the best time for that would be after season 14. Gathering interest now is kind of pointless since opinions could change by the time this season finishes. Let's save this discussion for when this season is over.
Alright thanks for letting me know anyway

Seca

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 15, 2016
I tried getting my TT times in right before Irma moved in but the power went out as I was getting ready. We just now got our power back on an hour ago.

Im really looking forward to this season. I'll still be at the back of the pack but much more confident now and more familiar with F1 itself.

KaneIyanda

Reigning PS4 F4 Bottlejob
Premium Member
May 7, 2017
Any tips for Belgium T1? It's grinding my gears, I done a 43.5 but I left near enough 2 tenths at T1, can't get it right for the life of me.

The way I've been doing it is braking just before the 100m board, just after the white line that goes across the track, down gears from 7th to 3rd, taking a little bit of curb on the inside of the corner and avoiding the outside curb on the exit. Is there a faster way around there?

bobop97

Pro Karter
Sep 11, 2017
Any tips for Belgium T1? It's grinding my gears, I done a 43.5 but I left near enough 2 tenths at T1, can't get it right for the life of me.

The way I've been doing it is braking just before the 100m board, just after the white line that goes across the track, down gears from 7th to 3rd, taking a little bit of curb on the inside of the corner and avoiding the outside curb on the exit. Is there a faster way around there?
I find a lot of the time is in turn one and way rouge, turn one you gotta take as wide as possible and cut into the corner as well as to not hit the exit kerb, I lost around 9 hundredths alone hitting that kerb.
Eau rouge you gotta take it smooth and apply as shallow line as you can.
Or perhaps it’s as simple as tweaking your setup perhaps anti toll bars or tyre pressures haha.
Hope this helps you out

MattDavies2511

PS4 S14 F4 and PCars S9 GT3 Semi-Pro Champion
Jan 15, 2017
Any idea on how the evaluation races will work and how to sign up for them?

bobop97

Pro Karter
Sep 11, 2017
Any idea on how the evaluation races will work and how to sign up for them?
to quote from the signup page.

“The evaluation races will be arranged between 15th-18th & 22nd-24th September. Specific threads will be made for these evaluation races in the near future, where you will be able to register and find all the necessary information”

Just keep an eye out on the forum and all the info you will need shall be there once the thread has been posted :)

KaneIyanda

Reigning PS4 F4 Bottlejob
Premium Member
May 7, 2017
I find a lot of the time is in turn one and way rouge, turn one you gotta take as wide as possible and cut into the corner as well as to not hit the exit kerb, I lost around 9 hundredths alone hitting that kerb.
Eau rouge you gotta take it smooth and apply as shallow line as you can.
Or perhaps it’s as simple as tweaking your setup perhaps anti toll bars or tyre pressures haha.
Hope this helps you out
Cheers mate I'll try a wider entrance and see if it helps me out.

bobop97

Pro Karter
Sep 11, 2017
Cheers mate I'll try a wider entrance and see if it helps me out.
Don’t be afraid to use a bit of the inside kerb at turn one just watch out for the exit kerb. Again it could be as simple as a too high tyre pressure or suspension setup