PS4 - AOR F1 2017: PS4 Discussion Thread (Season 14) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR F1 2017: PS4 Discussion Thread (Season 14)

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Any idea on how the evaluation races will work and how to sign up for them?
Sign-ups are open for them. There will be races running every night from Friday to Monday. If you don't get to race in any of those, we will be running more on the 22nd-24th. Cars will be first come, first serve. I'd advise signing up quickly. Please make sure you screenshot your race director at the end of the race.

bobop97

Pro Karter
Sep 11, 2017
Has anyone else’s rank been deleted and stats erased?
I woke up to see my multiplayer rank was back to 1 and all my wins and race entries erased!!

TheogGR1

F1 1st Driver
Aug 12, 2015
Has anyone else’s rank been deleted and stats erased?
I woke up to see my multiplayer rank was back to 1 and all my wins and race entries erased!!
Yes, they fixed the glitch with the stats. To fully implement the fix the ranks were reset for everyone.

Cherry2pie

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 16, 2016
Sign-ups are open for them. There will be races running every night from Friday to Monday. If you don't get to race in any of those, we will be running more on the 22nd-24th. Cars will be first come, first serve. I'd advise signing up quickly. Please make sure you screenshot your race director at the end of the race.
Do we have to record and show you our whole race? I know I've got to get screenshots of race director.

• Informative
Reactions: KaneIyanda

iej76

F1 Test Driver
Oct 15, 2015
@Jolly76

Bit of a novice with screenshots videos on PS4. Managed to take photo of time trial result with iPad and upload ok to sign up thread. When recording evaluation race what is best way to upload that into the thread from PS4.

Thanks

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
@Jolly76

Bit of a novice with screenshots videos on PS4. Managed to take photo of time trial result with iPad and upload ok to sign up thread. When recording evaluation race what is best way to upload that into the thread from PS4.

Thanks
To take screenshots on PS4 you have to press share and then press triangle to save it. As for videos, if you double tap your share button, it will start recording. However, I think it's set to record 15 minutes by default. You have can change that in the settings to however long you like. Double tap to start a recording and double tap to end it. If you don't double tap it, the recording will automatically end when it reaches the end of the time you have it set to. To edit the video, you can go onto share factory. From there, you can upload the video to YouTube then grab the link and include it in a post by pressing the media icon and posting the link there. If you're still unsure, I can give you the link to a very good video which explains it well.

DG_Jacko

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 1, 2017
Quick question, if not enough people sign up for the assist league, will those that have have the opportunity to redo time trial and an evaluation race without assists to apply for the main leagues?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Quick question, if not enough people sign up for the assist league, will those that have have the opportunity to redo time trial and an evaluation race without assists to apply for the main leagues?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I'm 98% certain that there will be enough drivers to run assist leagues. Sign-ups for both leagues close at the same time though. If any assist drivers wanted to switch to the main leagues, there would probably be just enough time to do a very late evaluation race next weekend if they realised before the deadline that there wouldn't be enough drivers (highly unlikely scenario) but I wouldn't worry about that if I we're you. We've comfortably had enough assist drivers for the past two seasons.

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
Cheers mate I'll try a wider entrance and see if it helps me out.
Also check out your trail braking. Probably the most important driving technique in this game. TRL Limitless has some videos on trailbraking that are helpful. I recommend checking them out. Also how smooth and progressive are you getting back on the throttle? Lots of time to be gained exiting the corner as well.

Reactions: KaneIyanda

ParkwayDrive2010

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 16, 2017
Any tips for Belgium T1? It's grinding my gears, I done a 43.5 but I left near enough 2 tenths at T1, can't get it right for the life of me.

The way I've been doing it is braking just before the 100m board, just after the white line that goes across the track, down gears from 7th to 3rd, taking a little bit of curb on the inside of the corner and avoiding the outside curb on the exit. Is there a faster way around there?
Only done a 43.4 myself so not much quicker but T1 I always go down to second just before the apex, seems to give a better exit than holding it in third though obviously gotta nail the traction in 2nd.

KaneIyanda

Reigning PS4 F4 Bottlejob
Premium Member
May 7, 2017
Also check out your trail braking. Probably the most important driving technique in this game. TRL Limitless has some videos on trailbraking that are helpful. I recommend checking them out. Also how smooth and progressive are you getting back on the throttle? Lots of time to be gained exiting the corner as well.
Yeah I've been trail braking a lot recently, it's just perfecting it with no lock ups now. Cheers mate(y)

Only done a 43.4 myself so not much quicker but T1 I always go down to second just before the apex, seems to give a better exit than holding it in third though obviously gotta nail the traction in 2nd.
Alright mate I'll give that a go, I definitely need to build up my confidence when I'm applying the power in the lower gears. It's been a bit iffy for me to say the least recently.

Cherry2pie

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 16, 2016
Are we using the new penalty system this year of corner cuts only instead of getting some stupid penalties?
[DOUBLEPOST=1505582153][/DOUBLEPOST]Are we using the new penalty system this year of corner cuts only instead of getting some stupid penalties?