PS4 - AOR F1 2017: PS4 Discussion Thread (Season 14) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR F1 2017: PS4 Discussion Thread (Season 14)

bobop97

Pro Karter
Sep 11, 2017
Will both assist and regular leagues be broadcast, Like how there is for the ESports league?

washy03

S14 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016
Will both assist and regular leagues be broadcast, Like how there is for the ESports league?
Im certain the top tier will be covered in some form.

The assist league was broadcast last season but I'm not aware of any plans to broadcast it this season.

I have a commentator who's broadcasting the league I'm coordinating and we're hoping to produce some good video content for the league throughout the season too.

Last edited:

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Are we using the new penalty system this year of corner cuts only instead of getting some stupid penalties?
[DOUBLEPOST=1505582153][/DOUBLEPOST]Are we using the new penalty system this year of corner cuts only instead of getting some stupid penalties?
No. We've tested corner cutting only and there are too many things that you can get away with

Last edited:

Jonezie1803

Formula Karter
Sep 17, 2017
@DON SILVA quick question, if I'm using manual with suggested gears do I count as using all assists? I'm listed as that on the assist league thread but I'd have thought I don't count as using all assists if I'm using manual gears instead of automatic.

• Useful
Reactions: washy03

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
@DON SILVA quick question, if I'm using manual with suggested gears do I count as using all assists? I'm listed as that on the assist league thread but I'd have thought I don't count as using all assists if I'm using manual gears instead of automatic.
No. The only people who can be placed in the assist leagues are those who use TC and ABS. In the main leagues, F1 & 2 are no assists but in the rest of the tiers, you can use any gear assist (suggested or automatic) as well as the racing line. If you signed up with TC and/or ABS, then your name is on the correct sign-up thread

Jonezie1803

Formula Karter
Sep 17, 2017
No. The only people who can be placed in the assist leagues are those who use TC and ABS. In the main leagues, F1 & 2 are no assists but in the rest of the tiers, you can use any gear assist (suggested or automatic) as well as the racing line. If you signed up with TC and/or ABS, then your name is on the correct sign-up thread
Okay that makes sense, thanks for clearing that up

Reactions: DON SILVA

bobop97

Pro Karter
Sep 11, 2017
How will vehicle selection be handled? Is it by choice or predetermined by league admins?

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
How will vehicle selection be handled? Is it by choice or predetermined by league admins?
There's a selection order. For the assist tiers, the person with the best times gets first pick and so on. To make it quicker, we ask drivers to list five cars they'd like in order of preference

Reactions: Jonezie1803

zWoody

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 18, 2014
So what is this new patch going to break for multiplayer?
It's like going on an easter egg hunt :cool:

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
So what is this new patch going to break for multiplayer?
It's like going on an easter egg hunt :cool:
Waiting on feedback from tonight's evaluation race. They've patched the tyre compound disqualification glitch as well as the permanent yellow flag so that's some progress

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
SC is being worked on Jenny said, should be out later this week or early next which is good! Saying that I had no problems in the race last night.
Even if they "fix" it, we'll put polls up in each tier. We'll let the drivers decide whether they want the safety car on or not

Cherry2pie

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 16, 2016
Even if they "fix" it, we'll put polls up in each tier. We'll let the drivers decide whether they want the safety car on or not
If it gets fixed I don't see why people wouldn't want it. Kinda means if you get hit your race is over.

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
If it gets fixed I don't see why people wouldn't want it. Kinda means if you get hit your race is over.
That's the thing. If. We don't know whether it will be fully functional. Put yourself in my shoes. Do I wait until it has ruined people's races or do I disable it from the get go until I get concrete evidence that it works? Easy choice in my opinion

Cherry2pie

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 16, 2016
That's the thing. If. We don't know whether it will be fully functional. Put yourself in my shoes. Do I wait until it has ruined people's races or do I disabled it from the get go until I get concrete evidence that it works? Easy choice in my opinion
We can only hope :)