PS4 - AOR F1 2017: PS4 Discussion Thread (Season 14) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR F1 2017: PS4 Discussion Thread (Season 14)

Hasnain

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Guys the wait is killing me, how much longer until the placements get announced, when tonight will we know?
I'm sure they're trying their best to get the placements out as quickly as possible, just try and stay patient

Zaid badawi

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2017
I'm sure they're trying their best to get the placements out as quickly as possible, just try and stay patient
I'm trying not to come across as naggy, I really appreciate their hard work to get this league set up and organized. Just really hyped as this is my first time league racing ever.

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
I'm trying not to come across as naggy, I really appreciate their hard work to get this league set up and organized. Just really hyped as this is my first time league racing ever.
they will come eventually either tonight or tomorrow, as we have over 150 drivers per platform to allocate, so keep calm :)

• Agree
Reactions: oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

InFinityzzHD

PS4 Triple Crown 2018 Indy 500 Champion
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2017
When will the drivers placement be announced?? It said today on sign up thread

Joost

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 13, 2016
They are busy with the tiers.
A little more patience please.

Thomasbrxwn

S13 AOR PS4 Assist Champion
Apr 4, 2017
Im certain the top tier will be covered in some form.

The assist league was broadcast last season but I'm not aware of any plans to broadcast it this season.

I have a commentator who's broadcasting the league I'm coordinating and we're hoping to produce some good video content for the league throughout the season too.
Whos this commentator??

DG_Jacko

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 1, 2017
Just a question, for the few people that sign up for main leagues and are 4/5 seconds off pace, why not just put assists on and race at a pace you can compete with?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AshRichardson_F1

Reigning S14 AOR PS4 F3 Champion
Feb 4, 2017
Just a question, for the few people that sign up for main leagues and are 4/5 seconds off pace, why not just put assists on and race at a pace you can compete with?

Because assists are exactly that, an assist. So it would be false pace. They will improve with practice. But I can see what you're saying

DG_Jacko

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 1, 2017
Because assists are exactly that, an assist. So it would be false pace. They will improve with practice. But I can see what you're saying
I kind of agree, and I can race at a decent pace without assists, however I don't find it fun, and it is a game meant to be fun. I get more enjoyment playing with assists and racing at a good pace than turning assists off and locking up into every corner, but each to their own

DG_Jacko

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 1, 2017
I’m one of those guys. Way off pace and no assists. I’d rather be slow and do it myself than be fast falsely.
Fair enough, the fun for me though comes from the fast competitive lap times and not from the 'yay a did a lap by myself' sort of thing, yes I would get better if i practiced without assists but I work 50+ hours a week and enjoy the game for what it is, either way we're here for 1 reason and that's clean racing

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
@DON SILVA I don’t wanna speak for others, but for myself I hope that I can be placed as high as possible in terms of tears, cause I wouldn’t want to be moved mid-season and would prefer to be at the back of a higher tear (for the beginning at least and afterwards with my own pace improvements, improving further forward in the field) which might not be everybody’s taste, but for me at least, it doesn’t frustrate, rather motivates me to stick around and improve. I’m saying this cause I come back from a break of around one year and in general I was all the time faster online than in time trial and didn’t have the chance to show it on this game unfortunately, with only managing decent laps in spa and hungary ( only maybe decent), cause the wet handling model was new, so lost like at least a second in Malaysia (awful lap) compared to my dry pace. I’m still in the stage of evolving my understanding of the handling model and surely I will improve my pace very soon, which is why I want to avoid the situation of being moved, cause it might look like sandbagging atm, but not being the case.
How do you see it?
I mean, not knowing which tier I will be placed, I can only hope for a higher one, but anyway whatever tier it is going to be, I would want to ask to not be moved mid-season to another tier. Might that be possible?