PS4 - AOR F1 League - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR F1 League - Main Thread

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Will the car selection process be identical to that of S12?
similar. As far as I'm aware the selection process will be:

Relegated drivers (in order of their position in the above tier when applicable)
drivers maintaining their tier (in order)
promoted drivers
new drivers

So NervoTank will have first pick in our tier, Alex 2nd, etc. but Harry who won GP2 will pick after all the F1 drivers from F1 have chosen if what I've read is correct. We should have all this stuff finalized for you guys this weekend though. We're just putting the finishing touches on new rules (like mandatory recording for this tier) and working on getting all the threads created.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Fair enough. Would be unfair to get a penalty for not recording every single race.
the attitude we're taking on PS4 now is there is no reason not to have footage anymore. Sony has gone above and beyond the other platforms for us to easily record and upload our races. And at numerous points in the past drivers for whatever reason don't have footage when its necessary so we're trying to put an end to that. We'd like to extend it to all tiers but I think for next season it will be an F1 only thing. We understand that occasionally things can go wrong or someone can honestly forget, but when its as simple as pressing 2 buttons at the end of a race to record the previous hour of footage, it isn't something that is too difficult. If people are concerned about uploading, starting the process before they go to sleep for the night and putting their PS4 in rest mode is a great way to have it upload overnight and not have to worry about it, which I know several guys do already, including Shane who's internet speeds are less than stellar.

RBOS_00

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 28, 2016
Hey guys, I wanted to take this moment to thank everyone for their efforts this season. Every single driver here made the league as fun and as competitive as it was, and, despite some hiccups from some drivers, it's been a pleasure racing all of you.

Now, when it comes to racing, I'll give a honorable mention to @Ali Kidd as our battles really stood out. I still remember my first "proper" race in GP2 last season (I disconnected on my very first one :rofl: ) in Spa, where I had a great lead battle with Ali. But I advanced to F1 after that, so we saw each other again at the start of this season in Australia and had another great battle, and I got flashbacks of that Spa race. And just to top it off, we found ourselves battling for championship position come the end of the season, and it was also an on-track duel (so whoever finished ahead would get the 5th place), it was both a mentally and physically demanding battle for me, and I'm sure it was for him as well, but despite losing out, I still really enjoyed our battle, it was really fun and a great ending to the season.

And I also have to give honorable mentions to the coordinators @Jthorn97 and @Bcolt93 for the organisation of the league. It was organised so well that no other league came close. Race threads were always started on time, results were always updated right after the race, and they've gone so far to resolve some issues i had with @King_Rockhammer , and motivate me to continue both with driving and with editing the highlights videos in a time that was really rough for me when results simply didn't come at all, when I was ready to give it up on AOR, when I was ready to stay a "racing line noob" instead and commit to an assist league. Well, I'm glad I stayed on, as any other league I've joined simply didn't get close to the standard of clean and respectable racing AOR has, the competition AOR has, the great drivers AOR has, and the great organisation AOR has.
And I will also give a special mention to Brandon who stuck it in despite a very poor season, not just this season but also last season, yet despite the struggles, he stayed on and kept going not only as a driver but as a coordinator. That is incredible commitment, and I really hope your luck turns around one day, you really deserve it.

As one of the highlights editors, I'll also give a special thank you to everyone who consistently submitted their race footage, and in some cases, even with dreadfully slow upload speeds. Any footage helps massively in making these videos, both action and the position graphic, especially when there is a severe lack of POVs like there was in Malaysia for example. I appreciate every video very much, and I'm sure the other editors do as well.

Finally, I'd like to thank @King_Rockhammer for being there every Sunday night only to record broadcast cameras, because your brooadcast cameras helped make our highlights as good as they were.

Despite the issues this game has, and that really bad period at the start of the season, I really enjoyed this season and i look forward to racing you all again in S13! (and hopefully in a better car than the Haas! :rofl: )

@JIM-NervoTank @alexukr @Jthorn97 @Bcolt93 @Ali Kidd @CianG-4 @BigshotP1ayerGR @BigC_019 @clarky_110 @F1_Dan @TheogGR1 @Desimpele @DemoN F1 @Jonas-NHK @NBAroubin @Bcolt93 @xMayhemMadness @jake_lfc01 @nummer92 @BeMu @jamie-995 @iSuperScrub @Sean B @mazais5727

BigC_019

GP2 2nd Driver
Sep 17, 2016
Been testing cars for the last hour, no closer to deciding if I prefer Ferrari power or Renault power for next season.

No chance I will be driving Force India, Toro Rosso or Sauber though.

Klayyyyyy

F1 Champion
Dec 20, 2016
Been testing cars for the last hour, no closer to deciding if I prefer Ferrari power or Renault power for next season.

No chance I will be driving Force India, Toro Rosso or Sauber though.
I'd take anything but the Haas or Ferrari :D

RBOS_00

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 28, 2016
Okay guys so I just thought I'd do this just for fun really,
I decided to copy our points table into excel, and since I already have a set of formulas that calculates the points based on position, I thought I'd use them to see how the tables would have looked like with old F1 points systems. In case drivers finished on equal points, my table can also calculate countback on its own so that's no worry.
So first of all, this is the current points system our leagues used too. I added reserve drivers too, which our points table doesn't have.
upload_2017-4-3_15-29-13.png

Next up, I'll use the points system used between 2003-2009:
upload_2017-4-3_15-31-48.png

There are notable changes, Alex still would not have won the title if he won Abu Dhabi, but I do get 5th place in this scenario :D Aressi also jumps Thorn for 3rd.
Next up, the points system used before 2003:
upload_2017-4-3_15-33-11.png

Alex would still not have won the title here if he won either. Thorn keeps 3rd, and somehow me and Ali are still level on points! Desimpele jumps into the top 10 with his win, despite missing over half of the season.
There was also a points system similar to the one above, used even earlier in F1 where the winner got 9 points. But things remain largely unchanged.
upload_2017-4-3_15-36-25.png

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
I decided to copy our points table into excel, and since I already have a set of formulas that calculates the points based on position, I thought I'd use them to see how the tables would have looked like with old F1 points systems. In case drivers finished on equal points, my table can also calculate countback on its own so that's no worry.
So first of all, this is the current points system our leagues used too. I added reserve drivers too, which our points table doesn't have.
View attachment 20240
View attachment 20241
There are notable changes, Alex still would not have won the title if he won Abu Dhabi, but I do get 5th place in this scenario :D Aressi also jumps Thorn for 3rd.
View attachment 20242
Though a bit closer here, Alex would still not have won the title here if he won either. Thorn keeps 3rd, and somehow me and Ali are still level on points! Desimpele jumps into the top 10 with his win, despite missing over half of the season.
There was also a points system similar to the one above, used even earlier in F1 where the winner got 9 points. But things remain largely unchanged.
View attachment 20243
2003-2009 rewarded consistency more than actually winning. I still prefer the 90's format after all these years even if it makes my season look worse. Points should be earned, not handed out like candy. If you drove a great race you were rewarded. Now you simply have to be slightly above average to get a point.

Also love how Des would be 9th under the 90's format despite missing half the season :hilarious:

• Agree
Reactions: RBOS_00

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
View attachment 20240
View attachment 20241
View attachment 20242
Alex would still not have won the title here if he won either. Thorn keeps 3rd, and somehow me and Ali are still level on points! Desimpele jumps into the top 10 with his win, despite missing over half of the season.
View attachment 20243
Lol get carried by the points system @F1_Dan

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
@Jthorn97's parting gift as coordinator for you all is a big one. Its hard to put into words how big this will be for us. Obviously mixed emotions as Shane and Dan have done great things for us and laid the foundation, but with aarava on board the future is very bright and we should grow exponentially.