PS4 - AOR F2 Round 10 - German Grand Prix [02/07/2017] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR F2 Round 10 - German Grand Prix [02/07/2017]

Klayyyyyy

F1 Champion
Dec 20, 2016
I'm still having trouble with my brake so sorry in advance if I have to retire mid race or if I brake check someone down a straight, not much I can do :(

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
I'm still having trouble with my brake so sorry in advance if I have to retire mid race or if I brake check someone down a straight, not much I can do :(
Please endeavour to sort that before the race if you can. Last thing I want is an avoidable hazard in the race, because hardware problem or not, you'd be getting penalised for incidents ;)

Klayyyyyy

F1 Champion
Dec 20, 2016
1. With Gamer and Michaelangelo now both being promoted to F1, who is your prediction to win the championship?
Ollie if he can race every time, Dan if he cant
2. What results are you aiming for in the 3 remaining European races before Japan and the Americas races?
If I can sort my brake out I think podiums are possible in all, I'm not good at Japan or COTA so I also want to get a win in the next 3 races because it's probably not gonna happen after that :p
3. Podium Predictions:
1. Ollie/Me (If my brake miraculously holds out)
2. Demon
3. Dan
[DOUBLEPOST=1498984418][/DOUBLEPOST]
Please endeavour to sort that before the race if you can. Last thing I want is an avoidable hazard in the race, because hardware problem or not, you'd be getting penalised for incidents ;)
It's only sticking at 10-30% input so hopefully unless someone is right behind me they shouldn't plow into me, I will immediately retire if this happens anyway :p

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
1. With Gamer and Michaelangelo now both being promoted to F1, who is your prediction to win the championship?
Ollie if he can race every time, Dan if he cant
2. What results are you aiming for in the 3 remaining European races before Japan and the Americas races?
If I can sort my brake out I think podiums are possible in all, I'm not good at Japan or COTA so I also want to get a win in the next 3 races because it's probably not gonna happen after that :p
3. Podium Predictions:
1. Ollie/Me (If my brake miraculously holds out)
2. Demon
3. Dan
[DOUBLEPOST=1498984418][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's only sticking at 10-30% input so hopefully unless someone is right behind me they shouldn't plow into me, I will immediately retire if this happens anyway :p
Well it's your call at the end of the day but let's just say I won't be impressed if it ruins someone else's race. Try your best to fix it.

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Questions:

1. With Gamer, Bcolt and Michaelangelo now both being promoted to F1, who is your prediction to win the championship?

Probably Ollie all things considered, but I'm hoping I or Dan can put up a decent fight if we stay consistently at the front. I've shot myself in the foot trying something different to beat the fast guys far too often this season, hopefully now I can keep things simple and pick up better results.
Definitely podiums for the next two races. In Spa I have one of my best remaining shots for a win, so I'll definitely be looking to capitalise on my pace there. I think I have the potential to win in Germany, but very much doubt it because turn one is pretty difficult for me to be clean every lap. As for Monza, I just hope to get some decent points. Not a fan of it on this game at all.
3. Podium Predictions:
1) @TheogGR1
2) @F1_Dan
3) @Ollie_D631

Reactions: Ollie_D631

Klayyyyyy

F1 Champion
Dec 20, 2016
Ok guys my brake is broken, but friend suggested 1 sneaky way to still at least race...
I'm gonna use the triangle button as the brake! (BTW I'm gonna be braking about 25 meters early for every corner because of this as it's literally 100% or 0% input, so no trail braking at all and super low brake pressure, so if you somehow end up behind me you've been warned :p )

TheogGR1

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Aug 12, 2015
Ok guys my brake is broken, but friend suggested 1 sneaky way to still at least race...
I'm gonna use the triangle button as the brake! (BTW I'm gonna be braking about 25 meters early for every corner because of this as it's literally 100% or 0% input, so no trail braking at all and super low brake pressure, so if you somehow end up behind me you've been warned :p )
Really hope you dont get invited to the lobby.

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Mate, i say this in the most diplomatic way possible, but maybe its better if you pull out of the race tonight. You have a legitimate reason, so no strike, you're not exactly fighting for the title and it sounds like you're gonna do more harm than good. You can't expect people to compromise their races when following you because you're using triangle to brake. If you take someone out you're gonna end up with the full force of a penalty on your head, regardless of whether or not you retire immediately afterwards. Not saying you have to, but in my opinion you'd be better off on the sidelines and aiming to find a fix for next week.

Last edited:

Klayyyyyy

F1 Champion
Dec 20, 2016
Mate, i say this in the most diplomatic way possible, but maybe its better if you pull out of the race tonight. You have a legitimate reason, so no strike, you're not exactly fighting for the title and it sounds like you're gonna do more harm than good. You can expect people to compromise their races when following you because you're using triangle to brake. If you take someone out you're gonna end up with the full force of a penalty on your head, regardless of whether or not you retire immediately afterwards. Not saying you have to, but in my opinion you'd be better off on the sidelines and aiming to find a fix for next week.
I've done some practice, if someone is close enough for my early braking to be an issue they would also be close enough to go for a move, I don't think it's too much of an issue

GuytheGuy17

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 14, 2016
I've done some practice, if someone is close enough for my early braking to be an issue they would also be close enough to go for a move, I don't think it's too much of an issue
What lap times are you doing like that?

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Mate, i say this in the most diplomatic way possible, but maybe its better if you pull out of the race tonight. You have a legitimate reason, so no strike, you're not exactly fighting for the title and it sounds like you're gonna do more harm than good. You can't expect people to compromise their races when following you because you're using triangle to brake. If you take someone out you're gonna end up with the full force of a penalty on your head, regardless of whether or not you retire immediately afterwards. Not saying you have to, but in my opinion you'd be better off on the sidelines and aiming to find a fix for next week.
Get off my land!

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Ok I've sorted the early braking issue anyway, just gonna be slightly off the pace now
[DOUBLEPOST=1499016018][/DOUBLEPOST]
Low 14's after some practice, will probably have to do an extra stop in the race though
Well I have to take your word for it, but any signs of trouble and I expect you to retire as soon as possible in the safest manner possible. If this issue causes an incident then I'm really not going to be very happy.

Klayyyyyy

F1 Champion
Dec 20, 2016
Well I have to take your word for it, but any signs of trouble and I expect you to retire as soon as possible in the safest manner possible. If this issue causes an incident then I'm really not going to be very happy.
Oh that was a different issue with my pedal unexpectedly sticking, with this it's just potentially dodgy braking :p At least this is consistent and not race ending